• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 614 Views, 10 Comments

Day and Night - Inactive Pone



Random Cute Stories of Dreamy sisters Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon. :3

  • ...
2
 10
 614

An Unexpected Meeting

It was nighttime in the dream world of the two sisters. But something made this night special.

The two fillies were both sleeping soundly in their separate rooms of the castle. Though they have been split up, they returned to the castle in the dream world, everything stayed the same. But neither of them saw each other when they returned. Besides, they couldn’t remember each other anyway.

During the night, something interesting began happening...


************

Daybreaker twisted and turned in her sleep. But she couldn’t seem to be able to sleep no matter what. It’s her first day back, but sleeping as a filly in her big bed made it feel like she was really tiny. This would make her comfortable, but this is not the reason why she couldn’t sleep.

It’s because she’s thinking of something.

She woke up, and proceeded to scratch her head. In fact, Daybreaker was thinking of somepony. Somepony... Familiar, yet she couldn’t remember who it was. She only knows she was thinking of one specific pony, to talk to. When she returned to this dream world, she felt different. Her mane was not as Firey, but with a orange and yellow flowing kick to it. All her other features stayed the same. Besides her physical appearance, she also had a change in personality. She suddenly start to feel genuinely like a good princess, rather than one of mischief.

She has no idea why, though. It happened so suddenly.

She wanted an answer to the problem, and she thought she could do so by talking to a certain pony that she once knew, but now forgotten. Daybreaker sighed, and got out of bed. In half-sleepwalking mode, because she’s still technically tired, she trots out of her room, and out the castle.


************


Nightmare didn’t fare better when she slept. She also couldn’t get to sleep. But, rather than mad, she’s only frustrated, as her temper had changed. Once again, she’s thinking of some pony she wants to see.

But she couldn’t recall who it was.

Eventually, she decided that twisting and turning in her bed with all this thoughts won’t get her anywhere. So, she gets out of her bed in a tired state, and decided that she might have a walk around the castle, maybe going out to clear her mind, even. She thought this could help her to run into the pony she’s looking for, since the pony was also in the castle. Or maybe she just wanted some time to chill out from the frustration of not getting to sleep.

************

**Bumps**

“Ow! S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to-“

At the main entrance to the castle, the two, who were mindlessly wandering with only half an eye open, bumped into each other. When they did, they took a look at each other- They started to recall something. They remember how each other looked. It seems as if the two had seen each other before, but can’t recall when. The sisters open their eyes, now fully awake.

“H-Hey,” Nightmare said. “Wait, I... I think I’ve seen you before...”

Daybreaker nodded in response.

“I... I think so too,” She replied. “Do I know you from somewhere?”

“Hmmmm... I think you probably remember me,” Nightmare said, “But I’m not sure if I remember too much about you.”

“Hm... Oh! You’re the one who wants to make everything eternal night, right?”

“Yeah, that’s me. And I think you’re the one who wants eternal day, yes?”

“I am! How’d you know me, though...? I don’t remember anything...”

The two look at each other with a bit more focus. But after a minute, they decided playing the silent game wasn’t going to help them talk, if this really is the pony they’re looking for.

“I know we know each other somewhere,” Nightmare pointed out, “But I guess it wouldn’t hurt for us to start over from the very beginning?”

“I... I guess it wouldn’t.”

The sisters get close.

“Nightmare Moon.”

“O-Oh, right. Daybreaker.”

The two shook hooves after introducing themselves. It’s then they remember something more.

“Daybreaker...” Nightmare Moon repeated, “I recognize your name!”

“So do I, Nightmare! Interesting...”

“Oh, I think I know why we know each other, but I’m not sure.”

“I think I know as well...”

The two silently walk together out of the castle and onto the giant fields of clouds. They walk for a bit before finding a spot to sit down.

“You see, I have a sister,” Nightmare broke the ice. “I can’t remember too much, but I recall her looking just like you. White, orange mane, red eyes, also an Alicorn. I think she’s sort of like a princess of the sun or something.”

Daybreaker nodded. “Cool. I have a sister too. I think she looks exactly like you. She’s the princess of the night. I think I also recall the fact that my sister and I always fought over everything, too. But I don’t remember why.”

“Huh, me too, I fight a lot with my sister too... Wait, hold on.”

“Hold on a minute!”

The two sit close to each other.

“Are you... My Sister?”

Suddenly, they remembered. They were indeed sisters before their memory loss settled in. Realizing they’ve found each other, the two had a lot of questions. Most importantly, what’s with them being nice to each other?

“But wait...” Daybreaker said, “I thought we always fought with each other... Why?”

Nightmare tilted her head. “I... I don’t know. Can you remember anything?”

“I don’t think so. If you and I were so mean to each other... Why do I feel...”

“You feel like being nice?”

“Yeah. You too?”

Nightmare nodded.

“I can’t really remember what happened before I became nicer. I think... I think we were fighting, and this other Alicorn was trying to banish us.”

“That matches with what memory I have, at least.”

The sisters stayed quiet for a few minutes, trying not to be confused at their sort of ‘Negotiation’. Soon, Nightmare Moon nudges herself to sit close. Daybreaker does the same thing, and now they are sitting close together, side by side. At that moment, they look at each other, and was actually closer than expected- Their heads were almost close enough for a kiss. That thought made them blush.

“Wh-Whoa... Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you,” Daybreaker said.

“Me neither,” Nightmare replied. “Well... whatever the case, Daybreaker, it seems we couldn’t remember why we fight, you?”

“Nope, nothing. I know we are always at each other’s throats, but... *chuckles* I don’t recall why we argue.”

“Well, I guess we’ll find out at some point,” Nightmare said. “In the meantime... Since we can’t remember why we hate one another, why are we fighting, hmm?”

“That’s... Actually a good point. Actually, if we really fought at all, maybe let’s just make up?”

“I guess so?”

The two, shyly, chuckled from embarrassment. They don’t even know if they’re enemies before (Technically they are), but at the time, they didn’t know. So it was really awkward.

“*yawn* I want to sleep now, Sister.”

“*yawn* Me too. Hey, Daybreaker...”

“Yes, Nightmare?”

“If we really fought before, then I think we should learn about each other and figure out why. Mind if we talk again tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow Night?”

“I guess I could, like I have anything to do, haha. You know where my place is?”

“Yeah, your room is near mine.”

“Thanks. And, before we go, sister...”

“Hm? What is it, sis?”

The two both look at one another.

“I’ve learnt this sometime ago. And... Since we just made up, I want to share one of these with you.”

Nightmare closes the gap and hugs Daybreaker with her tiny hooves. Letting out a gasp, Daybreaker didn’t know what to do.

“O-Oh...” Daybreaker blushed. “What are you doing?”

“*chuckles* Put your hooves around me. It’s going to be awkward if I’m the only one doing it.”

Daybreaker shrugged and complied to her sister’s instructions. She puts her hooves around the filly. Suddenly, the two smiled wider. They started to pull the other closer to them, and rested their head on each other’s shoulder. They seemed to be genuinely happy and comfortable, holding each other like this. They let out a few chuckles as they pull even closer even when there’s literally no space between them left, resulting in a tighter grasp.

“It’s called a hug, Day.”

“A hug... Oh, I think we used to always hate each other doing this with each other.”

“*chuckles* I remember too. I wonder why?”

“*chuckles* No idea why. But... *purrs* Mmmm... This feels so nice.”

“Mmm, hugs are always nice, I think.”

“Yep. Is it like two ponies who are friends, holding each other close together?”

“It’s about right. There are a lot of ways to hug, but this one is the most simple.”

“I see... So we’re friends, Night?”

They looked at each other, still in the hug.

“Yeah! Friends. What about you?”

“Sure!”

They chuckled as they pulled each other back together. It was then, a new kind of feeling started to take over their hearts and their mind. It was also a new idea that, for the first time, the two share. That idea shows that siblings, even if they’re polar opposites, can come together to bond in friendship, and share bittersweet memories with each other. Against the acts of arguing and fighting, it instead wants the siblings to live in harmony with each other.

And that was love.

Love, they thought. A very interesting sensation. They felt it the moment they formed their hug, because it was an act of comforting each other. The siblings continue to tighten their hug together, feeling that it would give them more love. They feel happy about getting it, and they wanted more from each other. No, not by fighting and stealing the love they each have, but rather sharing it with each other.

It didn’t take long before they start to feel that they’re kinda taking it a little too far.

“*laughs* Day... Stop!”

“*chuckles* No, Night, you stop!”

“You’re hugging me so tightly!”

“You are too!”

“Ow... I’m gonna die if you squeeze me so hard!”

“As if you aren’t doing the same thing!”

As they bickered playfully, they laughed and laughed. Now, they’re hugging so closely and tightly, it’s enough for them to start rubbing their cheeks together. With their eye slightly looking at their sister, their warm and cold cheeks rub against each other, giving the most soothing sense of comfort.

“Wow... Your face is so cold, matches my heat comepletely!”

“Yours matches with mine too! It’s so warm!”

“Huh, I wonder why we fought when all we had to do was hug it out?”

“Hmm, I dunno. Besides, I thought we said hugs with each other was gross back then?”

“*laughs* Gross? Did we really think that? I don’t think so at all!”

“*giggles* Yeah! It’s so comfortable to get close with you like this! Oh, we should totally do this together sometime.”

“Maybe tomorrow after we talk?”

“Okay, sure! Oof! Haha, aww... Stop tugging me!”

“Hahaha, you little sister.”

“Hmph, you’re so cheeky, big sister.”

“Awwww, shucks. Come on, we got to sleep.”

“*gasp* Let you go? *whines* Nooooo!”

“Waaaaaah! Hey, stop!”

“No! Sun and Moon shall stay in this hug!”

“Ahahahaha, that’s cute. But please, come on.”

“*sniff* Okay...”

The sisters finally let go of the hug. Nightmare Moon starts crying, as Daybreaker goes to pat her head to comfort her little sister.

“It won’t be long, alright? Just wait until the dream world is deactivated and we will be awake again.”

“Promise?”

“Mhmm.”

“Alright, then... *chuckles* Thanks for spending time with me, big sister. Later!”

“*giggles* You too, little sister. See you.”