• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 614 Views, 10 Comments

Day and Night - Inactive Pone



Random Cute Stories of Dreamy sisters Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon. :3

  • ...
2
 10
 614

Prologue (Read me)

The world of the dream realm is a magical place. It’s where all the dreams of Ponies take place in. But the dream realm is not just one world, however. It is actually a bunch of different worlds combined together in the same dimension, separate from the real world. It’s a very interesting place- Every dream is just like a planet, shaped to everypony’s imagination in their dreams as they wish, be it a world of nightmare, or a world of bliss. Every dream causes their dream world to shift and change to their thoughts- Everything can be altered, from what’s on it, to what happens, and they can even have the say to decide whether they want to be alone or should the world have characters.

This story, is about one of the more unique worlds of the many in dreamland.

********

There is a very unique dream world in the realm- Mainly for it’s speciality of being a world of two, as the two ponies live in this dream world together as real beings, instead of an actual dream. The two ponies, both Alicorns, were twin sisters. They both share their world of dreams.

One sister, represents the sun: Daybreaker.

One sister, represents the moon: Nightmare Moon.

The two ponies differed a lot from one another, both in their look and their beliefs. Daybreaker had a white skin, red and orange eyes, a Firey, orange and yellow mane, white wings, and her cutie mark was a sun. She does occasionally wear her Alicorn outfit, so she is kind of a princess. She has an orange and red crown, orange horseshoes, and her ambulet is, you guessed it, orange colored, with a sun symbol. As the mascot of the sun, she has always loved her mighty symbol and everything that goes with it. The warmth, the glow, and it’s power. She loves when it’s Daytime.

Nightmare Moon had dark navy skin, jade eyes, a navy, glittery and flowing mane, dark wings, her cutie mark being a blue crescent moon. Her Alicorn outfit is pretty much the same, only a different color. Blue horseshoes, blue crown, blue ambulatory with a silver crescent moon symbol. The moon has always been what she represented as a mascot, and she loved it’s glow. It gives her a sense of quietness and her night makes everything feel cooler and more comfortable.

With that said, the two were born as complete counterparts of each other. With all their differences, it led to many problems.

Since birth, they’ve known how to communicate with not just talking, but even by thoughts. At first, they were alright- Laughter filled their little chats. But then, they were introduced to each other’s symbol- The Sun and The Moon. They realized their differences- They didn’t like that. They wanted each other to be like themselves, and they could share their love for one of the two symbols only. Neither sister admitted the Sun or Moon should give way.

And so, the game of distrust between the two sisters began. Growing up, the two always argued with each other, especially when their imaginations in their dream come to the mix. They fight over a lot of things, but none can compare to their quarrels over the question that all siblings argue over.

“Which sibling is better?”


”Obviously, It’s me!”

”What? Nonono, I’m better!”

”Oh, no. I’m better!”

”No, not Night... Day!”

”No... Night! Not Day!”

”No! Sun is better!”

”No! Moon is better!”

”Grrrrr! You’re the worst, Nightmare Moon!”

”You’re the worst, Daybreaker! Grrrr!”

”*whines* I hate you! *gasp* I hate you too!”

**Both Fights**


All these quarrels between Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon really damaged their relationship as sisters. Sun and Moon fighting for reigning the land became a common thing in their world. It caused shifting of the world, too- The more they quarreled, the more they hated each other and wanted to stay away from each other. So, as they grow up, the dream world they’re on started to change shape through their thoughts. Half was colored orange. Half was colored Navy. This was to make sure their two symbols both stay in the sky all the time, when their symbol is in their side of the world, it is daytime. They even make it to where if it doesn’t, it’s nighttime. They agree to split and have both Sun and Moon up in the sky ever since they were kids, though very unwillingly.

Plus, the castle they live in sits right at the borders, so even after the split, they still kinda had to live together, as a part of their agreement as compensation. They thought that splitting the world amongst them two was unfair- Because they won’t really get the whole of the dream world they share. They argued on this for a while until they thought of relocating their castle at the borders so it feels they still share the whole dream world.

Needless to say, all that didn’t stop them from fighting. Their lifes were filled with fights with each other all the time.


************


**Slap Fight**

”*crying* Waaaa! It hurts!”

”*crying* It hurts!! Stop it!

”No! You stop!”

”No! You!”

”*hmphs* Sun better! Must beat Moon!”

”*whines* Moon better! Must beat Sun!”



”Sun is the best!”

”No, Moon is the best!”

**Both tackle**

”Oof! Hey!”

**Both rolling and fighting**

”Let go of me, Nightmare!”

”You stop hugging me, Daybreaker!”

”We’re not hugging, we’re fighting!”

”Hmph! You’re so mean!”

”You’re the mean one!”



”Day and Night Together? Ewwww! Gross! No way!”

”Where did you get that idea anyway?”

”Me? I thought it was you who suggested it?”

”No, some pony in that dream world we just gone into suggested it!”

”Whatever the case, no!”

”Same! I don’t want to be close with my Lunar counterpart!”

”I don’t want to be close with my Solar Counterpart either!”

**Both Squeeze**

”Day and Night are destined counterparts, forever as enemies.”

”We’re always fighting, like we’re doing now.”



Day and Night, literally, the two fought over who’s better all the time. Babies slapping, Fillies rolling, Teenagers squeezing muzzles together and arguing. They’ve even found the power to travel to other dreams to cause mischief. This gave them something new to fight over- The dreams they can have fun with. Whenever they have something to toy with, and there isn’t enough for the two of them, neither one would want to share, and their dominance of dreams are no exception. And whenever they disagree with each other on things, they would were stubborn and only stand by their circumstances, which let to many disputes between the two.

Their sisterly rivalry was intense- They were always in each other’s way. Their quarrels are like a tug of war, pulling back and forth when things don’t go their way. One second, it’s day. The next, it’s night. Day, Night, Sun, Moon, Solar, Lunar, the quarreling goes on and on. And as they get angrier, it’s like they pull themselves closer together in the tug of war. When the two meet in the middle after a lot of pulling, it becomes a fight.

The Sun hated the Moon. The Moon hated the Sun. That is what the sisters thought of their beloved Sun and Moon. They thought the two giant orbs are rivals- Counterparts like them, and always had fights with each other. That’s why they thought as a kind of descendants, they should be rivals too. They thought their symbols were just like them- Once created to serve as loving sisters, but constant fighting caused the two orbs to separate in imbalance. So for a long time, it seemed that the Sun and the Moon were always pushing each other, fighting for which is better- Exactly like the two ponies. When one becomes better than the other, Sun and Moon would become one, and the superior one would take over both time periods of the cycle- Day and Night.

Sometimes, they might even be seemingly persuaded by ponies in other dreams to compromise. But of course, their belief is that each other is their destined rival, and they can never be friends. Besides, they’re so different, how can the two possibly be friends for long? Add that to how much they argue with one another, it’s just impossible to imagine they can be close at all.

Or so they thought.

A recent experience revolves around the two breaking into the dream of Starlight Glimmer. But, what made them truly surprised was to find the almighty Princess Celestia in the dream world, followed by Princess Luna soon after. However, the two dreamy ones were so caught up on the fighting that they forgot about what dream protectors can do. Though inexperienced, Celestia banishes them both and blinks them out of existence with magic.

You can say her plan worked, or you can say it didn’t. Why? Because the two never got banished- They were just returned back to their own dream world for breaching other dreams in the dream realm. The spell also weakened the sisters- They were turned into fillies once more. Most importantly, they were split apart when they returned to the dream world, but they seem to have a different state of mind. Not only for their personality, but also almost forgetting pretty much everything they did together. All they can recall about the other the day they realize this, are a few things: One, they have a sister. Two, they once had a big fight with their sister and hate each other. Finally, they are counterparts of one another. They faintly remember each other’s names, and can’t recall much that they’ve done.

They wondered if the other experienced the same confusion- So they decide to find out.