• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 968 Views, 9 Comments

Trapped in another world. - mild hotsauce



the main six must escape a world from my imagination.

  • ...
4
 9
 968

Ch7:Going into town: Chaos Unleashed

Ch7: Going to town: Chaos Unleashed

As Twilight walked down the cold stone corridor to her destination, she could only wonder as to how she wound up in this world, and as to what these… Terra… were. Her answers came in the form of remembering trying to complete a complex long distance teleporting spell, and getting grabbed in a vice like grip and hauled off the ground. She locked eyes with a large creature, well, two of her eyes locked with the four of its. The beast had a head that looked like a crocodiles, with the teeth to match. Over its eyes, were rounded shell like shields that protected them. She glanced down and saw it had two long arms and legs that had three viscous looking claws on the ends of them, and a tough looking shell that covered most of its body, which was a snow white in color.

“Put her down White Fang.” Melborn commanded.

The creature growled deeply and then dropped Twilight on her flank. “What are you doing here?” it’s equally deep and raspy voice asked.

“Ah came to visit a friend, and maybe teach this little unicorn a thing or two about magic.” He said as he pat Twilight on the head.

“The elder will see no one. You are not welcome here, you will leave. If you know what’s good for you.” It answered.

“You really shouldn’t treat guests that way.” Another voice, lighter this time, sounded.

Fang just snarled and moved out of the way, revealing a similar yet more shriveled figure with a brown-red color, stubby fingers, and a head that more or less resembled what a tortoise would have. It smiled joyfully at Twilight, which unnerved her for a second.

“Do not be afraid of me, I'm so old I bet I could barely set my own fireplace without help.” he joked. “You on the other hand, are much more interesting. What brings a creature like you to our humble city?”

“Apparently you could teach me more about magic.” Twilight answered.

“Ah yes, magic, no doubt that it is your special talent I presume?” Twilight nodded. “I thought so, you’re not the first to enter our world, and hopefully not the last, it’s always fun when your kind gets lost here. Remember the last one Melborn?” the elder asked.

“Oh yes, she was a riot! A thousand years of ale and night time fun! Though it was a bit creepy too, I never thought an elf could bend that way…” Melborn shuddered at the memory. “But… back to the matter at hand, do you happen to have any spare trainers?”

“Yes, Shifting Sands should be available.” The elder replied.

“Okay Twinkle-“ Melborn started.

“It’s Twilight.” Twilight deadpanned.

“Whatever, let’s get going!” he said enthusiastically as he started to stroll towards the city.

When Twilight saw it, she was shocked. The city seemed to be perfectly carved from stone: from the smallest hut to the largest temple, this place spanned easily three times the size of Canterlot. Twilight could see waterways and roads in which the Terra would use to get around the city. She could also see a few of them fly through the air with angelic looking wings. The buildings themselves were a reddish gold in color, and the temple in the center of the city seemed to emit its own glow.

To say Twilight was shocked was an understatement. It hurt her brain trying to figure out how they could possibly make everything look so perfect when it was carved out of the stone around them.

“Ya comin?” Melborn called.

This snapped her out of her trance, and she ran to catch up to her companion.
----------------------------------------------------------------

<Earlier>

A dark figure watched as his target walked into a trap door in the desert. He was about to go and report this to Vold, when something stopped him, or rather someone.

“HI GRIM!” a high voice called behind him. The large being jumped into the air, the light revealing his form. He was tall, and very muscular, easily dwarfing the Terra in size. His black leather armor and helmet concealed his body, and bandoleers with various vials adorned most of his upper and lower body. On his back was a large grey axe, and by large, its axe head was as big as Odik’s torso, and easily weighed twice as much. Yet the behemoth of a creature could swing it like a wooden sword when in the right body.

“Master.” Grim grumbled.

“Oh you remember me! Good, because it took me a while to try and find you. You better not have been hiding from me mister.” The voice asked. Grim turned around to look at his master, a young girl dressed in a pink springtime outfit, she looked to be no more than eight, yet looks can be deceiving.

“Grim follow orders from Vold.” He explained, his current body not capable of long, drawn out sentences, he just had to take over the body of an idiot.

“You don’t follow orders from a poor excuse of a king, you are my banshee, and you do as I say.” She said in a tone you couldn’t argue with.

“Very well.” He conceded.

“Good, now I'm bored. Go smash a sand dragon.”

Grim couldn’t help but smile. “As you wish.”
------------------------------------------------------

<Present time>

“I'm sick of this walking Cain, where is it!” Odik yelled at his not so fortunate ‘teammate.’

“Calm down you blubbering brute. Pyrus should be here somewhere, give it another day, then we will go and get the others near the swamp. I doubt she would be here.” the man in question replied. Cain is one of the mighty six in the army, second next to Sol, who is a shape shifter. Cain is nothing special, he is only powerful because he can take down a mountain dragon with a flame spell, the weakest one. Cain is a strategist, but sometimes he doesn’t think, like when he decided to use his black mage robes on this expedition.

The beast that is Odik just growled. His figure was more imposing. He is smaller than Grim, but his brute force can solve most any problems. He is wearing thick steel armor and is wielding a heavy dragon bone axe. “Let’s go now, if they’re not here, then why waste our time.”

“Because if we’re not here for the designated number of days that we’ve been assigned, then we will get put in the void… do you not remember your last failure.” Cain challenged.

Odik shuddered. “Not even the banshee known as Grim could survive there.”

“What about Sol?”

“His mind is already broke, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have one in the first place.” He mocked.

“Too true, being a shape shifter will do that. Now, keep looking.” Cain ordered as he and his brute of a ‘friend’ separated and began searching again.
-----------------------------------------------------

Applejack and Rainbow collapsed at Rogvir’s feet after their run, thoroughly exhausted.

“I’m… going… to… buck him… in the face…” Rainbow said between gasps.

“Git…in…line…Rainbow.” Applejack said back.

“Drink up.” Rogvir said, handing the gasping mares a bottle. They looked at it questioningly, wondering what it was for. “Never seen a stamina potion before?” he asked.

“A what?” Rainbow asked.

“A potion that restores any energy you lost doing something.” He explained.

The mares looked at each other with apprehensive glances. Rainbow took a sip first, then gulped her bottle down. When she finished, she gave a sigh of relief as her energy returned to her. Applejack sniffed hers, and scrunched her face up, not happy with the smell, then took a small sip. She too, fell prey to the taste of the potion.

“Well ahl be, now that is some good stuff!” the farm pony exclaimed.

“Yea what’s in it?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t ask what my little sis does to make things, its best that way.” The mares stared at him in shock when he said that. “Now that I’ve had a good laugh-“

“Hey wait a minute, you just had us do that for laughs?!” Rainbow yelled.

“A bit, also wanted to see if you could do it. It’s always nice to know your limits, know what I'm saying.” The AJ and Rainbow nodded their heads. “Good, now, let’s go to the weapons.”
------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy and Pinkie were patiently waiting for the arrival of their instructor, and watching their friends be chased around by a werewolf. Their task, is to find out how to be great assassins, or cutpurses if they don’t have the guts to kill. They don’t notice it, but the person they were waiting for, was sneaking up on them at the moment, wearing a black cowl with equally black leather armor.

Pinkies tail shook…

“BOO!” Celia yelled. Fluttershy looked as if she was about to have a heart attack, and Pinkie was nowhere to be found. “Ooh, did I scare you too much, sorry.” She said.

“I-it’s okay, n-no harm d-done.” Fluttershy said shakily.

“Wow you’re good, but not as good as me!” Pinkie chirped, perched on top of the woman’s head.

“Well, that’s new. Alright girls, we need to see how stealthy you can be, the market is buzzing today, so our first test is to see how much you can loot without being caught.”

“Isn’t that stealing?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yep, that’s why it’s a good test, Vampires and Lycans don’t like having things taken from them, so this will be good training. Now, let’s go!”

“This can’t end well.” Fluttershy said to herself.

“Come on! This will be fun!” Pinkie yelled from behind Fluttershy, scaring her. They followed the werewolf out of the training grounds, ready for this new challenge that awaits them… well… Pinkie is ready, Flutters is frightened.
-----------------------------------------------------

“So…” Rarity started. “You’re just going to sit there?”

“Yes.” Narine replied.

“In the dirt?” Rarity asked with a slight shudder.

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“I'm meditating, building my mana pool, which will allow me to cast either more spells or stronger spells. The more mana you have, the more magic you can do.”

“Is that how you do what you can do?”

“Yes, although, there are those who take it a step further.” Narine said darkly through her usual red cowl.

“How so?” asked Rarity, thoroughly interested.

“There are many forms of magic, from spells to runes, manipulating nature, and even magic that doesn’t require you to use mana.” She explained.

“You can do magic without using the traditional method?” Rarity was astounded, a way to do magic that didn’t require the use of mana, or whatever. She could use magic for everything and not become tired!

“Yes, but if you use this method, you might as well kiss any respect others have for you goodbye.”

“Why, what is so bad about it?”

“What I do to perform my magic, I use the energy I get from the blood of others, or even my own blood. Blood magic is as hated as necromancy, and both, I know very well how to use. They are not paths I suggest that you learn, but that is your choice.” She explained.

Rarity put a hoof to her chin in thought… “I will stick to regular magic, maybe a few runes… but just in case, it might come in handy, so a little of the forbidden schools could be useful.”

“I think I know what you want then, healing, right?”

“A bit, like what you did for Dash, in case my friends get hurt, I want to be able to help. I am a fashionista, so I don’t know much about fighting with magic other than hitting things with floating objects.” Rarity answered.

“Very well, I shall teach you enough about the many schools as you need to know, if you wish to further your study, you may tell me, or any other mage. But if it is about the other two schools, then you will talk to me alone, understood.”

“Y-yes.”

“Very well, let’s get started. First, let’s bring magic into the visual world. Usually, what you see will be an aura, like mine.” Her hand began to glow red as she focused her magic. “Show me your aura.”

Rarity focused her magic and her horn began to glow light blue. “Like this?”

“Yes, now, I want you to create an icicle, like this.” Narine formed a crude ice spike with her hands, and floated it in her right palm.

Rarity focused on doing what Narine did, but couldn’t form the ice needed.

“Ice is solid state that water is in when you place it in more frigid temperatures. The air around us, has traces of water vapor, pull it together, and then freeze it.” Narine explained.

Rarity tried again, and succeeded in making a ball of water form in front of her, and then her horn glowed brighter and it froze into a solid ball of ice, as big as a cannon ball. Her eyes widened as she saw that she succeeded, but her break in concentration to celebrate caused the ball to drop on the floor.

“I did it!”

“Yes, you did, now lift the thing back up.” Narine said through gritted teeth.

“Why- oh… hehe, sorry.” Rarity lifted the ball back into the air, and off her instructor’s foot.

“Alright, you have a ball, good enough for this part, but after try to make a spear like figure. See that target?”

“No.”

Narine snapped her fingers and a human shaped target appeared several feet away. “Launch the ice at it, like this.” She hurled the icicle and speared the target through the chest.

Rarity floated the ball up, and lobbed it through the air, much like one would lob cannonball if they didn’t have a cannon. The ball landed on the target and crushed it.

“Good job, now, let’s try again with a projectile that’s more spear like.”
------------------------------------------------

“What?” Twilight asked the Terra in front of her.

It was a fire Terra, with its dark crimson shell and shriveled skin. “I want to see how much you have in you, fire a continuous beam of light at this gem.” He motioned towards a large sapphire on a pedestal in the center of the room. The building was small and dome shaped, lying on the other side of the city. The building was earthy in color and in texture, simple for a master mage.

Twilight did as she was asked and fired a beam of light at the gem, which readily absorbed the magical beam like a sponge. She kept this up for about an hour before the beam started to falter, sweat was falling from her body as she strained to show her magical prowess. Finally, after a few tense seconds, she collapsed, halting the flow of magic. The sapphire glowed a brilliant blue in color, and bathed the entire room in its glow.

“Good, at least you can keep it up as long as one of the air heads, their much easier to work with.” Shifting Sands said.

“How… so?” Twilight managed to gasp out.

“Because the Earth idiots don’t need any more magic than they could a brain. Their thick skulls and talons kept them alive for many generations, I don’t know how though.” He answered. “The water breathers are stubborn, they never accept help, insisting they know everything. The only others that would ever accept help are the air heads. Drink this.” He handed Twilight a vial, which she drank from, and immediately felt her strength return to her.

“What’s next?” she asked.

“We get you comfortable with a type of magic. There are many out there, but can be designated into their own groups. Light and dark magic basically cuts the list a bit, and then there are other categories: such as what I like to call, mysticism, or manipulation, containing spells like telekinesis, dispel and the like. Destruction with spells that, well, destroy things. Healing magic, conjuration, and alteration, there are many types. Which path do you choose?” the Terra asked.

“Well, they all sound promising, which ones would be of better help dealing with the Dark King?”

“Well, a few destruction spells, maybe some healing magic and a few spells in conjuration. Either way, we have some work to do. Let’s start with-“ the entire cave rumbled, shaking the two violently. “What was that?” Sands walked to the door and opened it.

“They’re here! Their bloody here! Everyone, get ready!” an air Terra yelled as it flew overhead.

“Who’s here?” Twilight asked.

“Vold’s army, seems they found us. Looks like you get to practice destruction first.” The Terra motioned for Twilight to follow.
------------------------------------------------------------------

“Enemy Army Sighted! Everyone, to your battle stations!” A Lycan shouted through the city. As of the moment, Celia was showing her charges how to be proper assassins, Rogvir was getting his warriors used to their weapons, and Narine has just finished showing Rarity how to manipulate various elements to her advantage.

“Alright ladies, looks like we need to put this to a hold, get ready!” Rogvir shouted. The three of them met up with the others near the front gate, where the army already breached through.

What came in was an army only Vold could put together. Ghouls, banshee (both male and female), and hellhounds littered the plaza, striking down the ones fighting back whilst also being struck down.

“Rogvir!” a voice cried out. A bloody Lycan ran up to the eight of them. “They are coming in from everywhere, we need to evacuate everyone through the castle catacombs.”

“Very well, I have a hunch with what they are here for, go and start the evacuations.” He ordered.

“Yes sir.” The Lycan bowed and left to sound the alarms.

“Girls, ready your arms, this is about to get fun.” He whistled loudly and a roar sounded over the city. “No need to leave him out.” he smiled darkly as he drew his mace.
-------------------------------------------------

“Hey Grim.” The girl called.

“What?” he asked.

“What are Vold’s plans?” she asked.

“Domination.” He responded.

“That’s it? Boring! Let’s shake things up a bit!” she said cheerfully.

“Why?”

“Because, I'm Eris, chaos is what I do. And if I can’t cause chaos, then I'm out of a job, and then I’ll be bored, and then I’ll be forced to bother you for the rest of eternity for something fun to do.” Grim shuddered at her words.

“What we do?” he asked.

“Take over the body of a sand dragon, I’ve got an idea!” Eris commanded.
-----------------------------------------

“Give up fools, nobody can resist the might of my axe!” Odik boomed as he hacked the head off another Terra.

“Don’t get cocky Odik, strategy is the key.” Cain warned.

“Yea, I have a strategy, smash everything!” He laughed maniacally as he continued to smash things.

“Must you be such a brute all the time?” Cain face palmed.

“Yes, it makes me feel good.” Odik replied. “Oh look, there she is, Cain, mind doing something useful for once in your life and capture her while I kill things?”

“No.”

“I wasn’t asking.”

“Fine.”