• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 968 Views, 9 Comments

Trapped in another world. - mild hotsauce



the main six must escape a world from my imagination.

  • ...
4
 9
 968

Ch1: Just a taste

Ch1: just a taste



A figure sat upon cold stone throne in the middle of a shadowed room. It donned a set of wicked looking steel armor, and its eyes glowed a ghostly red under the shadow of its helmet. It stared off into space, contemplating, a new presence has entered the land, with enough power to rival his.

“Something troubling you milord?” asked a weak and raspy voice. The owner of the voice was a short light brown goblin with tattered clothes that would make rags seem like the clothes of a noble. When the figure shifted its gaze over to the goblin, it shrunk back, fearing that it may have angered its master.

A deep voice seemed to come from everywhere, and it boomed in the goblins sensitive ears. “Something new has entered the land, I want to find out what it is. Go fetch me Melborn, I have need of him.”

“Yes master.” The goblin hurried out to find the shade in question, if the master asked for this particular soul, then it must be something big that troubles him.

When the goblin was out of sight, the figure summoned up a ball of crystal, and peered into it. He saw two figures in what appeared to be an elven tavern, they were horse like in nature, but the colors were too bright, and one had a horn while the other wore some kind of strange hat. The picture faded into mist and was replaced by one of four others lying unconscious in beds. The picture faded again and he saw no more.

He contemplated what was shown to him, these were strange creatures, and even though he could only see them through the crystal ball, when he reached out with his mind, each had a different power level. The purple one interested him the most, the amount of power it held; it reminded him of himself at a young age, so much potential.

His thoughts were interrupted when the goblin returned with a figure clad in black robes carrying a gnarled looking staff. The robed shade spoke, “you called my king?” its voice was neutral, as always. Melborn may have been a hard one to read, but that made him all the more capable of managing the various types of evil creatures out there. Melborn was the only other thing on Tyr that was able to stare down a pissed off Hydra.

“Yes, I did. Do you have the essence of the Ghast that was struck a few days ago?” the king asked.

“Yes, and I have separated the powers that it consumed, I guess you want the most recent?”

“Yes. Hand it over.”

“What’s the magic word?” Melborn asked smugly.

“Hand it over or I’ll stick you in a never ending abyss for all of eternity.” The king replied.

“Close enough, here. Now if you’ll excuse me, the werewolves are acting up again, and I need to tend to the mess they made.” Melborn handed the king a vial of purple liquid and left, and the goblin awaited his next orders.

“What are you still doing here, get out of my sight.” And then the feeble goblin left, if the king were to ask twice, it wouldn’t end well.

The king held the vial in front of his face and examined it. Every type of essence has its own flavor, and if examined with trained eyes, can tell a story. “interesting.” He muttered. “Seems like this isn’t the only realm I get to take over.” He uncorked the vial and took a sip of the liquid, and started coughing uncontrollably. It tasted like kindness and harmony, with a sickeningly sweet aftertaste. After his coughing fit, he made a decision, there was two ways this could go, break her and make her his servant, or destroy her.

He snapped his fingers and knight in dark grey armor with a black hood and tattered cape appeared in front of him. “Yes master.” It said in a low voice.

“Take some ghouls and hounds to Landrus, wipe out the town and bring me the purple creature that owns this essence.” He let the knight soak in some of the essence, and nodded his head in confirmation and quickly left to prepare the troops. The king rose from his seat, and walked to a map of the three lands that separated the continent. To the west, was the eternal plane, an ever changing environment that is the home of the ancient species known as the Terra, and to the east, the elven country of Lysandus. In the middle, Odah, the human lands. Across the map were markers of places he conquered. Half the Eternal planes belonged to him, as well as all the human lands and outposts in the elven country. The gears in his head started turning as he made plans for the future.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight and Applejack sat at the bar in the tavern, which allowed them to stay later because Volkig was friends with the owner. It was nice to finally eat in peace, nobody was trying to ride them like common horses like that one poor human did, and all he got for his troubles was a buck to the groin. They both watched as elves and humans alike downed mugs of ale and shots of wine, and even their new friend had a few mugs of what was called mead, and didn’t even look the slightest bit inebriated.

After a minute of pondering, Applejack decided to sate her curiosity, “hey Falion, what do you have to drink?”

The bartender looked up from cleaning mugs, “got a variety of ales mead and wine, but the thing people can’t seem to get enough of is my home made solar flare whisky, that stuff can knock a bear unconscious.”

“Then why do people drink it?” Twilight asked after swallowing the last bit of salad she had on her plate.

“Don’t know, brings in a lot of coin though.” Falion answered.

“Ah think I might want to try some.” Applejack thought that if it is his best seller, it must be good, besides, she hasn’t had a good drink since the last Apple family reunion, which was two months ago.

“Sure thing, you want one too miss?” he asked Twilight.

“Why not.” Was her answer.

Volkig leaned in to the two of them and spoke a warning, “don’t drink too much, Solar flare whiskey can leave you with a wicked hangover.”

“Aint nothing ah can’t handle.” Applejack said confidently.

Falion came back with a couple glasses and a bottle of his homemade whiskey. The whiskey looked like any other, but it glowed orange and bubbled like soda. He poured the liquid into both glasses, and went back to cleaning mugs.

“Well, you gonna try it?” Volkig asked.

Twilight and Applejack looked at the bubbling whiskey, then at each other. “Well, bottoms up.” Twilight said meekly, and they quickly downed the drink.