• Published 3rd Aug 2012
  • 657 Views, 11 Comments

Journey to home - giganticbuttmachine



Rainbow Dash is stuck in the middle of nowhere, and the only help is a strange green earth pony.

  • ...
 11
 657

Chapter 4

AUTHOR'S NOTE: AND THEN RAINBOW DASH COMMITTED SUICI-wait, that's awful, don't want to do that.

Chapter 4

DASH

I can't even seem to hear the crowds cheering. Storm Chaser is standing as tall as he can, all proud of himself. I don't even know what to do, I just stand there with a blank face as he's given his uniform. Looking at Spitfire, I can see that she didn't want Storm Chaser to win either. Nopony else seems to be paying attention, but I can see that she's gritting her teeth to the point of almost breaking them. I guess she didn't have that much power in the vote after all. None of the judges voted for me because I wasn't "perfect", I didn't have the "technique" just right, I made a singular error. They don't care how hard I tried for this, they just care about the performance. Guess that's showbuisness for ya. You made an error, you might not earn as much money as the other guy, you don't make the team. The pure unfairness of that makes me just want to throttle all of them. Can't do that now, though, I'm surrounded by pegasi cheering for the pony that just beat me.

I somehow manage to control myself through the whole ceremony. Watching Storm get all of the honors and glory that I should have gotten. It's honestly hard to do, I came close to breaking down once or twice. After all of the things were said, the ponies that didn't win were told to go home. I think I was the first, but I couldn't tell, I broke for the door so fast. I was miles away from the stadium in minutes, something I would be proud of earlier, but not now. Found a cloud and dove into it. At that point I broke down. If you couldn't tell otherwise, you would think that a singular cloud was raining by itself for some reason. Can't really remember the last time I cried, maybe I did once or twice when I was little. The whole thing was just so UNFAIR! They have no idea how much I went through for that tryout.

I put every ounce of effort I had into that one thing, all of those hours of grueling training... But now I can't do that because those judges say I'm not good enough. Not any other ponies, not even a member of the Wonderbolts can chance the decisions of those stupid judges. Now I might not even be able to be a Wonderbolt... That's the only thing I've really wanted to be in my life. Other ponies became exactly what they wanted to be, while I just kept on trying to get on the Wonderbolts. And now I got turned down from the Wonderbolts.

I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life now! I just need to get away from everything, get far away from Cloudsdale. Fly fast, yeah, that's what I'm good at. Flying fast. Strain yourself to the breaking point. Just keep flying.

Look at that moon, Luna must've worked real hard to get that up. And the stars, too... I wonder if this is what Luna felt like, being second. Being great, but not great enough, and getting the punishment for it. She must have felt like I do now. But forget about that, just keep flying. Just keep flying. Just keep flying.

I would say I'm pretty far from Cloudsdale at this point, but I don't want to stop. I need to get as far from it as I physically can. My wings seem to be protesting against this, but I just keep going. I'm over a grassland at this point, don't even know where I am. I might have been flying for 30 minutes, maybe 4 hours, it's hard to tell when you feel like I do.

My wings keep on protesting, and I keep on ignoring them. I'm over some kind of a swamp now, and want to keep going.

My left wing suddenly decides to stop working, and I can't do anything to make it start again. I can control pretty well with one wing, and begin to start descending slowly. Then my right wing stops working. I start just plain falling! I remember what my flight instructor told me to do in this situation, get into a ball, tuck your head in, land on your back, better to injure your wings than your organs. I try my best to do that, and suddenly the ground is coming up to meet me. The last thing I see before I hit the ground is a tiny wooden house.

CLOUD

This Daring Doo book is bloody amazing! She's so strong, so independent, so... awesome. I really hope there are ponies like her at Appleloosa. Kinda impressed with myself, I finished the first three books in half a night! The fourth one now, "Daring Doo and the Griffon's Goblet". Wonder what a Griffon is, guess I'll find out if I read the book.

"As Daring walked out of the temple, a rainbow formed right above her head..."

A rainbow? Wonder what that is? Might as well look it up in the dictionary. "Rainbow- noun, A spectrum of seven colors in a line that crosses the sky. Made in factories." Gosh, that sounds like it's beautiful. I wonder what the seven colors are? I'm sure they go together like eggs on bread.

I wonder if rainbows exist in Appleloosa. That's got to be a great job, working in a factory that makes lines of pure color. Wonder what they're made of, though? Best not think about it, I'd get too confused. Back to the reading. Yeah, that's right, Doo, beat the living stuffing out of that "Ahuizotl" guy. He can't keep you down, he just delays you doing what you do best, and that's what's awesome about you. You don't back down. Am I seriously talking to a fictional character? I really need someone to talk to about things.

What was that sound?