• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,076 Views, 19 Comments

The Lost Pie - Crescent Cloud



After Pinkie Pie cloned herself with the mirror pond, one clone got away and went on a journey to Manehattan.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,076

Chapter One: Strange Beginnings

Well, I suppose it’s about time I write this story down, if not for anypony in particular, at least for myself. My name is Pinkamina Diane Pie...or, at least that was my original name. Let me explain: I am not the actual Pinkie Pie. I’m a clone of her.

You might have heard already about the incident that happened a while ago at the magic mirror pond. This mare named Pinkie Pie decided that one of her was simply not enough to go around for her friends, so she foolishly used the pond to clone herself. She figured being in multiple places at once to simultaneously hang out with all her friends would be the best thing ever. As you can well imagine, she learned pretty quickly that it was quite possibly the worst thing ever. Not every Pinkie Pie was quite the same. They didn’t actually know her friends and needed a crash course to remember their names. It got out of control fast.

To get a handle on the situation, Princess Twilight Sparkle (who wasn’t a princess yet at the time) decided to weed out the fake Pinkies by forcing them to try to watch paint dry...while not getting distracted! For any pony who knows Pinkie Pie (and that’s a lot of ponies), that is a truly impossible task, even for the real Pinkie Pie, much less crazy clones of her. But, Twilight reasoned that the real one would care enough about staying with her friends to push through the grueling task.

Obviously, it worked. All the Pinkie clones were sent back into the pond from whence they came. Well, all except one: me. I was a bit different from the rest, which were mostly extra hyperactive (if that’s possible) versions of the original. I came out a bit calmer, and it didn’t take long for me to figure out that I was a clone. While Twilight and her friends were rounding up the clones to take them to the paint task, I was off hiding - and having an existential crisis.

They never found me. After all, they hadn’t counted on any of the clones being like me – i.e., not hopping around like a pink bunny rabbit that just ate a pound of sugar. Being more self-aware, I found it hard to cope at first with the reality of what I was, and I almost went voluntarily to Twilight herself to ask her to send me back to whatever dimension - or lack thereof - that I came from.

However, with a little time, I was more hopeful, and perhaps it was the Pinkie Pie spirit within me, but I eventually decided to try to carry on elsewhere. I figured I couldn’t stay in Ponyville, since the original Pinkie was there and it seemed like a bit much to have two in the same town. I didn’t want to make her aware of my existence either, since I didn’t want to cause more confusion regarding who the real Pinkie was, and I didn’t want to risk being sent away to the pond. I felt an urge to live my own life in a new place. I just had to decide where to start...