• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 2,044 Views, 86 Comments

A Second Chance - Meteorite Shower



A forgotten OC is confronted by her author, and is faced with having to interact with her crush.

  • ...
3
 86
 2,044

Chapter 13

Both mares silently faced each other. They had not spoken a word since their kiss, but subtle glances and head nods led them away from where they had confessed their love, well, where Rarity had, and towards a nearby bench where they could sit peacefully, mostly away from prying eyes.

Rarity smiled patiently as Meteorite's brow furrowed as she made several attempts to say something. For once, Rarity had noted, Meteorite didn't seem nervous at all, and in fact, the only thing keeping her quiet was that she had too much to say but had no idea what to start with.

"I must say," Rarity began, "I had no idea I could leave somepony so speechless with a kiss."

Meteorite blinked a few times as she blushed, unable to stop herself smiling. She made few more attempts to speak, but again seemed to be mentally held back, much to her frustration. Rarity spoke up again, though this time concern crept into her voice.

"I… I do hope that it was…" Rarity bit her lip slightly, "Did I meet your expectations for your first kiss?"

Meteorite sat upright, surprised at the question. Not long after, her expression melted into a loving smile as her cheeks continued to burn.

"Oh Rarity, it…" she said softly, pausing momentarily as she thought, shaking her head slowly, "I could not have begun to even consider the feelings I felt in that moment." Meteorite was unable to suppress a giggle. "It was beyond imagination."

Rarity smiled back, happy that she was able to fulfil the one part of her plan she truly cared about. A moment later, she was surprised when Meteorite reached out for her hooves, but stopped.

"May I?" Meteorite asked, looking Rarity in the eyes.

Rarity nodded, curiosity getting the better of her as she placed her hooves on Meteorite's. For the first time since the kiss, Meteorite shook with nervousness, but she smiled as she fought through it.

"Rarity… I love you."

Rarity's heart skipped a beat. She had known of course, they both knew she knew, but knowing beforehand didn't matter, did it? Rarity understood in that moment that it wasn't a confession, but a declaration, a declaration that Meteorite wasn't afraid to show her feelings anymore.

"You are the most beautiful mare I know…" Meteorite continued, her heart beating faster all the while. Her eyes drifted for a moment as she reconsidered her line. "The most beautiful being I know… I…" Meteorite took a breath and swallowed, "I don't just mean your beauty either, but… everything about you is beautiful… you're just incredible in… every way…" Meteorite began to waver, and looked down as her cheeks flushed a bright red. "I can't… help but be drawn in by you…" Meteorite confessed softly, "I just want to be with you always… you make me smile just by existing…"

Rarity didn't respond right away, she couldn't respond, how could she to something like that? Rarity took a moment to recollect herself, unwillingly tearing one hoof away from Meteorite's to place on her chest, and in that moment realized it wasn't just Meteorite that was shaking, but her as well. Her other hoof gripped Meteorite's tighter, as she took a breath and exhaled.

"Well then," Rarity began, her soft whisper cutting through the silence, "if being around you makes you smile, then I suppose I have no choice but to stay with you."

Meteorite looked back up, her wavering smile threatening to widen as tears formed in her eyes. Rarity smiled as she tutted, bringing out the handkerchief again with her magic, and wiped Meteorite's tears away. "Meteorite darling, you simply have to be more careful while wearing mascara."

Meteorite sniffed as she giggled happily. "I-I'll try to remember that in the future."

The handkerchief hung mid-air between the two mares, as Rarity gazed into Meteorite's eyes.

"You know, I'm very happy I got to know you…" Rarity whispered, "I think you're wonderful, and I would like to get to know you even more…" She broke into a sly smile. "Hopefully this time I get to hear it directly from you…"

Meteorite tried to smile at that, but her smile and gaze dropped slightly, deep in thought.

"Is… something the matter?" Rarity asked, concerned. "Did I… say something wrong?"

Meteorite shook her head. "No… No. I just…" Meteorite glanced aside, frowning. "I'm just… concerned about this… Alexandra you've apparently met." She clucked her tongue. "Could… you tell me more about her?"

Rarity blinked. "Why, certainly! What would you like to know?"

Meteorite turned back and met Rarity's gaze with fierce intensity.

"Everything."


"…Huh."

Rarity glanced over at Meteorite as they walked down the streets of Ponyville, illuminated by the light of nearby houses. She had been recounting her experience with Alexandra a few weeks earlier, detail by detail, and all the while Meteorite listened quietly as a perturbed expression grew on her face. Rarity cleared her throat and offered a smile before continuing.

"And so, after that, I've not heard from her again." Rarity hesitated before glancing aside, muttering quietly. "Even if I had tried reaching out to her the next day."

Meteorite blinked as she snapped out of her thoughts, looking back at Rarity. "What?"

Rarity smiled guiltily. "I ah, well… I didn't exactly know where to find you at first… so I ah… I tried calling out to her."

An incredulous smile slowly formed on Meteorite, forcing her to bite her lip. "And uh… what happened then?"

"Nothing! No response whatsoever!" Rarity stopped and crossed her forelegs, "What's worse is Sweetie Belle nearly caught me talking to myself!"

Meteorite suddenly burst into laughter, sometimes crossing into bouts of sniggering. Rarity, though shocked at first, found herself taken in the fact this was the first time she heard Meteorite truly laugh, unrestrained by fear or worry. After a few moments, Meteorite attempted to force herself to stop, though a few snickers fought through.

"I'm, hee, sorry Rarity," she apologised with a huge smile, "I'm not laughing at you. I just," her smile broke into a grin, "I've done that so many times myself, and… yeah… I'm pretty sure there's been a few ponies who've heard me yelling at the sky."

Rarity's hoof flew to her mouth, hiding her quick smile. "Oh darling, that must've been… frustrating."

Meteorite nodded, her grin slowly fading. "Yeah… it… really was."

They fell silent for a moment, each momentarily caught in their own web of thoughts. Rarity shook out of hers first and reached over and took one of Meteorite's hooves in hers, eliciting a curious blush from her.

"You know," Rarity spoke softly as she recalled her encounter, "it really did seem like she cares a lot for you." She fluttered her eyelashes briefly, "As do I."

Meteorite's blush deepened as she nodded. "I-I know. I just… I think I need time getting used to that."

Rarity arched an eyebrow, as she spoke with an almost sultry tone. "Hmm? Which one, darling?"

Meteorite giggled as she nervously placed her other hoof on Rarity's. "Both," she reaffirmed with a playful smile. "But… I think I'll be okay… Again, with both."

As the night rolled on, the two mares eventually found themselves outside the darkened Carousel Boutique. Rarity quietly pushed the front door open, before turning around to face Meteorite, who was fidgeting slightly.

"So… I guess this is it for tonight?" Meteorite asked.

"Well… it doesn't have to be…" Rarity admitted, "would you like to come inside?"

Meteorite smiled uneasily. "Yeah, but… on the first date?" She rubbed her neck upon reconsideration. "Even though it technically wasn't really a date…"

Rarity smiled slyly. "Well… if it wasn't really a date, then it can't very well be a first date then, can it?"

Meteorite inhaled sharply, staring at Rarity. "Ooooh…" she exhaled quietly, "you're going to be testing my willpower a lot, aren't you?"

Rarity let out a faint giggle, before dropping the act. "I'm sorry, darling. But seriously, would you like to come in for some tea? Or coffee, perhaps?"

Meteorite considered it for a moment, and then smiled. "Okay. Yeah, I'd like that."