• Published 16th Sep 2018
  • 1,405 Views, 70 Comments

MLP at Hogwarts - SeleneMizutani



Alternate version of Equestria Girls, is a crossover with Harry Potter. What will happen if the main seven all go to Hogwarts?

  • ...
10
 70
 1,405

The Sorting Hat

Rainbow Dash POV

After hearing that word, which I don't know what it meant, Applejack and Fluttershy were like: :flutterrage:.

Applejack stood up violently from her seat, and Fluttershy made a move to rush for the door, screaming,"You...don't call Rainbow that!"

I forced Applejack back into her seat, which was very difficult because she was so strong. After calming Applejack down, I pulled Fluttershy back with all my might and forcefully sat her back down.

"Guys, I'm so sorry but it's just for your own good! Did you hear what Sunset said? Don't mess with her!" I cried.

Applejack shouted,"Rainbow ! She insulted you!"

I was taken aback.

"What does that word mean, anyway?" I asked tentatively.

"Mudblood is another, ruder word for Muggle-borns. Meaning that they have, dirty, filthy, common blood." replied Fluttershy, still fuming.

Oh.

I changed the subject by talking about Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons, and Applejack and Fluttershy finally relaxed a bit.

After ten minutes, Applejack left to go to the bathroom, and when she came back, a purple-haired girl with blue eyes was following her.

"Hello, darling! I'm Rarity! I'm a half-blood. My mom's a Muggle and my father's a wizard. Nice to meet you!" the purple-haired girl said cheerfully.

Applejack explained,"She's Rarity. I met her outside the bathroom just now and we hit it off."

"I'm Rainbow Dash and this is Fluttershy. She's a pure-blood while I'm a Muggle-born." I introduced myself.

Rarity said,"That's nice! Can I sit with you? Just now I was sitting with some others, but when they asked me to come with them and bully other people, I refused and they kicked me out."

"Bet you ten Galleons that you're talking about Sunset Shimmer." I said.

Rarity sat down on a vacant seat and said comfortingly,"Don't worry, I was bullied when I was a little girl too. You'll get over it."

The four of us chatted happily for the remainder of the train ride. We changed into our robes (Fluttershy reminded us to do that since she had Zephyr to tell her) and got off the train. We left our luggage behind because it would be sent up later. You never know.

The Hogwarts Express stopped. Students filed out noisily, chattering loudly.

Suddenly, a loud and rough voice called out,"Firs'-years! Firs'-years over here! Fir's-years!"

"That's the gamekeeper in Hogwarts, Hagrid." whispered Fluttershy to the three of us, but her voice was so very soft, only I heard her, and I said it again for the benefit for the others.

Once quite a large crowd of students had gathered around Hagrid, he led us all, slipping and stumbling, to a riverbank.

There were boats lined along the dock, and Hagrid cried,"No more than four to a boat!"

I, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity chose the nearest boat and boarded it.

I got my first glimpse of Hogwarts. Amazing would be an understatement. A vast castle with windows sparkling in the night sky. It had so many turrets and towers!

"FORWARD!" cried Hagrid, and all the boats started moving slowly. Wow.

Everyone, including me, was staring at the massive castle in the dappled silver moonlight. The lake was as clear as glass, so clear that we could see the bottom.

'HEADS DOWN!" cried Hagrid again, and we all bent our heads as we passed under a curtain of ivy. We were floating along a dark tunnel, and Fluttershy clutched my arm tightly.

After passing an underground harbour, we clambered out of the boats, and onto rocks and pebbles. Unbeknownst to anyone, I slipped six beautiful ocean-blue stones into my robe pocket.

Hagrid led us up another passageway in the rock, and we finally arrived at Hogwarts.

Walking up the stone steps, we crowded around the huge, oak front door.

Hagrid knocked loudly.

The door slowly creaked open. A witch with long purplish-blue hair in jet-black robes stood there.

“The firs’-years, Professor Luna.” said Hagrid.

Professor Luna opened the door wide, and we entered Hogwarts for the first time.

The Entrance Hall was gigantic. My house could fit there with space to spare. The stone walls were lined with flaming torches, the ceiling was so high that I can’t see the end, and a stunning marble staircase facing us led to the upper floors.

We followed Professor Luna into a small, empty chamber to the right of what seemed like a hall. Hundreds of voices were all talking at once. The rest of the school must be here.

“Welcome To Hogwarts. The start of term banquet will start shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is very important, because, in Hogwarts, your house will be something like your second family. You will have classes, sleep, and spend free time with your house.
The four houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Each house has its own history and has produced outstanding witches and wizards. Your triumphs will earn your house points, while your misdeeds will lose points for your house. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, a great honour.
The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a while in front of the school. I suggest you try to look your best for your first impression on your fellow peers.” said Professor Luna sternly.

Rarity immediately pulled out a hand-mirror and began checking her reflection. I just tidied myself up a bit.

Five minutes later, Prof.Luna took us to the Great Hall. It was amazing. Thousands of candles lit the room above four long tables, floating in midair. At the top of the Hall, another long table stood, filled with teachers. She brought out a stool with a frayed, patched hat on top in front of us.

What are we going to do with it? I wondered. Maybe we are going to pull slips of paper out of it, telling which house we should go to. I don't know.

Suddenly, a large rip in the hat opened and the hat began to sing:

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat,
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave in heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart.

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil.

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

But, my dear students,
This year, I have something important to say.
A threat is approaching our dear school,
And we have to unite to save the day.

You can chose to believe or not,
But, what I'm saying is your worst fear.
I have gave my warning, and that is all.
So, let the Sorting now begin. Hear hear!

After the Hat had sung its song, the Hall erupted into applause.

Prof.Luna raised her hands and everyone gradually fell silent.

"Now, when I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be Sorted. Applejack!"

Beside me, Applejack stepped forward and sat on the stool. Seconds after she put on the hat, it cried,"GRYFFINDOR!"

The table at the far left burst into applause. Applejack turned and smiled at me before she joined her house.

"Dash, Rainbow!" said Prof.Luna and I went to the stool and put on the hat.

The last thing I saw before the hat dropped below my eyes was everyone staring at me.

A voice in the hat said,"Hmm...you've got all the qualities from all four of the houses. Kindness of a Hufflepuff, wisdom and curiosity of a Ravenclaw, bravery and daring of a Gryffindor and strategic like a Slytherin. But which should I put you in?"

I just stared at the black inside of the hat.

"What's that I sense? Loyalty, stronger than any I saw before in my history. Now I know which house to put you in. But there's never been a Muggle-born in that particular house before. Well, there is always a first time."

Then it shouted to the whole Hall,"SLYTHERIN!"

What?

Author's Note:

The song that the Hat sang was from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.