• Published 26th Aug 2018
  • 416 Views, 2 Comments

Vexes of the Multiverse - Crowborn



A crossover based on the works of Tom117z, Chinchillax many others. Twilight is thrusted into the Multiverse by a mysterious spirit. She has been chosen as one of six keys to unlock the path to the Prime Universe.

  • ...
 2
 416

Chapter 9: A Disharmonious Visit

Chapter 9: A Disharmonious Visit

Twilight and Rainbow Dash had moved to the central hallway, where a huge dining table covered with delectable delights of all kinds sat in the center of the room. Twilight sighed, she wondered why Verse even had such a thing, considering he never seemed to eat or sleep for that matter, but she was grateful for it, as the look on Rainbow Dash's face when she saw the food was enough to put a smile on her face.

"Wow! There is so much food here!" Rainbow Dash said excitedly.
Twilight nodded, "Yeah....there is..." Her voice sounding a bit wistful and distant. Rainbow Dash didn't seem to notice and quickly sat in a chair and began to dig in.

Twilight ate a little bit, but she wasn't that hungry. Verse's behaviour continued to vex her. One moment he is a complete jerk, continent to watch as one of her friends was being tortured and dissected, and the next he was like a gentlepony, providing food, shelter, and that medical kit for Rainbow Dash's injuries. While Rainbow Dash was still unconscious, he would occasionally scoff and scold Twilight for bringing her here, yet every time Twilight thought she had run out of any certain medical supplies, such as fresh bandages or healing salve, she would find her supply suddenly restored not moments later. And that just made him ever more confusing to her.

"Twilight...are you okay?" suddenly came Rainbow Dash's concerned voice, snapping her out of her thoughts. Twilight cursed herself before regaining her composure. "I'm fine. Besides, it's me who should be asking you that, especially after everything you've went through..."

Rainbow Dash was about to reply when suddenly a knock was heard coming from the main entrance door.

Both mares stared at it for a second before the door suddenly busted open, and a familiar voice and figure walked through.

"Verse? You home? I hope you don't mind, I let myself in. I--" Discord paused upon seeing the two mares. "Oh dear, so the rumors are true..." With a snap of his fingers, a magnifying glass appeared in his hand, and he began using it to inspect the two up and down. "Hmm...Curious."

Before either of the girls could reply, Verse entered the room and spoke, his voice sounding angry. "Discord! What did I tell you about intruding in my domain? You know you aren't welcome here..."

To both of the girls' surprise, Discord winced at hearing Verse's voice. "Oh Verse!" He chuckled nervously, "How are you, old buddy, old pal? S-Surely there is nothing wrong with two old friends coming together and reminiscing about old times, is there?"

He then leaned back towards Rainbow Dash and Twilight, whispering, "He's always been a huge stick in the mud ever since he found out that he couldn't enter into the Main Cannon,"

"Main Cannon?" Rainbow dash asked in a confused tone, Twilight sharing in her confusion.

Verse glared at Discord, "State why you are really here, or I will erase you." His voice was icily cold.

Discord gulped before replying, "I had heard that you found one of the Keys that you have been seeking, and just HAD to see what the fuss was about."

Two more Discords suddenly appeared, one of them pointing at Twilight, "Just what are you doing with my world's Twilight? She is supposed be in the process of constructing her new hive," said Discord number two.

"And what have you done with my World's Rainbow Dash? She is supposed to be a cupcake right about now..." Said Discord number three.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash interjected. Discord number three rolled his eyes, "Well, it's true..." He then turned back to Verse, "And what in the world were you thinking, killing my world's Pinkie Pie?"

Verse stomped one of his hooves, causing the whole place to shake for a moment. "Get. Out. My reasons are my own, and I do not have to explain anything to you, Discord. Now. Get. Out!" Discords Two and Three fell back in fear before quickly leaving, leaving only the original Discord still remaining.

Verse's eyes narrowed, "Unless you wish to start yet another War with me..."

Discord chuckled nervously,"No, no. That is fine, I will leave. I may find fun in the chaos of war, but there is no fun to be had in utter oblivion. Fine, then. I will be on my way."

He snapped his fingers, causing a door to appear, and just before he left, he said "Toot-a-loo, until next time!" The door slammed shut behind him and disappeared with a small pop.

Verse made a small groan of disgust before walking away.

Rainbow Dash frowned, "What kind of pony makes even Discord afraid? And what is with that pony's eyes, and why does his cutie mark move like that?" she asked, a hint of fear in her voice.

Twilight sighed, her ears flattening as she looked towards the ground. "I wish I knew, Dash, I wish I knew..."

The two ate in silence for a while, before deciding that it would be best to head back to the room. "I need to change your bandages anyway," Twilight explained, seeing how dirty Rainbow Dash's current ones were getting.

Twilight closed the bedroom door behind them. "Alright, let's take a look..." She said, immediately starting to unwrap Rainbow Dash's bandages, before the cyan mare screamed "W-Wait!"

Twilight gave her a concerned look, "What's wrong?" she asked. Rainbow Dash gave a nervous glance. "W-Will it be okay?"

Twilight gave a soft smile, "Don't worry, i've been tending your wounds for the past few weeks. I will make sure it doesn't hurt."
Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, "O-Okay..."

Twilight carefully undid the bandages, and examined Rainbow Dash's wounds for a bit. The place where her cutie marks had been was starting to scar over. The place where her skin had torn when Pinkie pie had torn off her left wing was completely scarred up now, making a long scar from the base of her wing stump to the bottom of her rump. She was healing, that was good. However, the stumps where her wings used to be still had a ways to go, but at least they didn't look infected.

Twilight applied a bit more healing salve to her wounds, and Rainbow Dash winced in pain. "Sorry..." Twilight apologized. She then grabbed a clean set of bandages from the kit and gently wrapped her wounds back up. She then threw the dirty ones into the trash.

"There, all better. You are healing quite well, I'm glad to see none of your wounds got infected." Twilight said with a smile.

"Thanks..." Rainbow Dash said, clearly still troubled by the memories of what Pinkie Pie had done to her.

Twilight was about to say some words of comfort when suddenly they heard a voice from behind them, "Good, now that you have had your moment of friendship, we need to talk."

Both of the girls spun around to see who was talking, "Disc---" they both exclaimed in unison before the draconequus quickly covered their mouths. "Shhhhh!! Not so loud! Or else he will hear you!" He whispered, ducking his head and looking around.

Once he was sure they were safe, he removed his hands from their mouths. Twilight gave a confused look, "Discord, what are you still doing here? I thought Verse had scared you off." She whispered.

Discord gave her an irritated look, "Yes, yes, but I had to warn you, and there is a little...gift that I have for you."

"Warn us? Of what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Discord took another look around the room to make sure nopony else was listening in. "You mustn't let him gather all the Keys. The fate of the entire Multiverse is at stake."

Twilight frowned, "And just how am I supposed to stop him? Even you are afraid of him." She whispered back. Discord rolled his eyes, "I don't know, I figured you'd find a way to use your 'Power of Friendship' or whatever...I don't know, you figure it out. And as for the...gift...here." He pulled out a very small glowing orb, no bigger than a marble. It glowed with soft hues of blue, pink and purple, constantly swirling into one another.

Discord then lifted up Twilight's mane and placed it underneath. "Make sure to keep it hidden at all times. If he finds out you have it, he might destroy you."

The orb felt soft and almost weightless, and it did not move when she shook her head for a bit. It seemed to be stuck firmly in place. "What is it?" She asked. Discord put a finger on his mouth. "Shh! It's a gift, only use it as a last resort, when there is no other option. Just crack it open with your horn. It's a one time use kind of thing. Now I got to go. Remember, Use it only if all else fails okay? Ta ta!"

And with that he vanished. Twilight and Rainbow Dash simply looked at each other in utter confusion.

Author's Note:

While you are free to ship whomever you like in this story, know that I don't plan to put in any romance subplots into this story. But feel free to write your own fan fiction on the matter, if you so wish.