• Published 26th Aug 2018
  • 416 Views, 2 Comments

Vexes of the Multiverse - Crowborn



A crossover based on the works of Tom117z, Chinchillax many others. Twilight is thrusted into the Multiverse by a mysterious spirit. She has been chosen as one of six keys to unlock the path to the Prime Universe.

  • ...
 2
 416

Chapter 4: Finite Infinitum

Chapter 4: Finite Infinitum

Princess Twilight stood maw agape at the creature before her. The changeling was taller than the normal changeling, much taller in fact, but still stood beneath her height. She had teal colored hair with a green highlight, with a hair style that mimicked her own, though her own hair was dark blue with a pink highlight. The changeling's eyes matched her own in color, except with lizard like slits for pupils. And on her flank, to the Princess's surprise, sat the exact same cutie mark that she had upon her flank. It was like looking at a vile reflection of herself. She also noticed a scar on the chitin on the changeling's chest, a feature that she did not share with this vile twisted image of herself.

"Foul changeling! Who are you? And why do you hold such a perverted form of myself? And how do you have my cutie mark?! Changelings don't have cutie marks!" The Princess demanded.

Queen Twilight bit back a retort, displeased with the fact that the mare in front of her looked at her with such contempt, especially when it was coming from another version of herself. "You should not be so quick to judge me, I mean you no harm, and only came to talk." She explained, suppressing her feelings to keep a level head.

Discord suddenly perked up, "Oh my! Two Twilights? I certainly didn't sign up for this, I can barely stand the one. Good day," he said, opening a door out of nowhere and walking through, he then poked his head out and said, "Though I am intrigued to know who brought you here..." He then thought about it for a second, "On the other hand I think I left the tea on, oh you know how I hate spoiled tea," he then promptly slammed the door shut and both he and the door disappeared.

Both of the Twilights stared a bit at the place where Discord had made the door and left, before finally turning to stare back at each other. "I am you, well a different you, from another universe. I have come because we need to talk," explained the changeling queen.

Though confused, the Alicorn Princess's expression softened, "I am sorry, forgive me, I shouldn't have judged you so harshly. All life matters, no matter what shape or form it takes."

The changeling queen nodded in agreement, at least this Twilight seemed to be able to see reason after all, perhaps this test would go off without a hitch! At least, a part of her hoped it would.

"Another Twilight? And she's a changeling? I don't get it.." Said the grown Spike from behind the Alicorn Princess's throne, leaning in curiously. The Alicorn Princess then raised a hoof, silencing the large purple and green dragon, and he took a step back. The princess's eyes then narrowed as she stared at the other her. "So you wanted to talk? What is it that you wished to speak about?"

The changeling queen's expression grew solemn. "I know what you did. I know everything, about Fluttershy and the others, and the Immortality spell...Deep down you have to know that this is wrong! You can't keep your subjects locked up in this prison of--"

The air suddenly crackled with power as the Alicorn Princess glared at the changeling queen. "How dare you! If you truly knew what I have done and seen what I have lost, then you would see that I gave everypony a blessing! I did them a favor and eliminated that foul plague from ever hurting or taking anybody ever again, I have SAVED Equestria!!" She declared, her voice containing a mixture of emotions. Anger, sorrow, and a hint of self-reassurance.

The changeling queen met her gaze. "But at what cost? Nothing is meant to last forever! You can't just keep everyone locked up in this prison of false life just because you are afraid of losing someone!" She countered.

"Shut up! Everyone is happy here! They have friends and family that they can love and play with forever. They never have to lose anypony or feel lonely ever again. They can have love and friendship forever! What better life is there than that? Who are you to judge and say that it is not?!" The Alicorn Princess responded, taking a hoofstep forward.

The changeling queen sighed and looked down at her hooves. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she thought of the person she missed the most. When the young changeling queen gave her reply, her voice quivered with all the pain that lingered in her heart, "Do you really think that you are the only pony who has lost somebody? Someone close and dear to her heart? There isn't a single second of every day that I don't wish that my mother was still here, that I don't plead for the chance to have just one more day with her!" She curled her lips into a snarl as she lifted her head to once again face the other her, "But what you have done....I would not wish upon ANYPONY. Not my mother, not Longshot, not Pinkie Pie, not Rarity, nor AppleJack, nor Rainbow Dash, nor Fluttershy!! I am sorry that you had to watch your friends die as their lives came to an end, while you were forced to live on. But what you have done is not a blessing, it is a curse!! A selfish, cowardly, and cruel curse that you put upon the subjects you swore to protect!"

The alicorn took a staggered step back, "No! I-It can't be true!! I have saved them!! I saved them!!" For a moment it looked like the changeling queen's words had finally gotten through to her, but then Alicorn Princess shook her head, "No! You are lying! You are just a changeling sent here to trick me!" she accused, and before the changeling queen could respond, a lavender light burst from the alicorn's horn and shot straight towards the young queen.

Queen Twilight barely summoned a shield in time, but was still caught off guard as she was blasted through the castle walls until she landed roughly on the ground outside, thankfully still protected by her shield. The other ponies in the immediate area immediately began to scramble and scream in fear as the Alicorn Princess continued her assualt, "I will not have someone come into my kingdom and tell me how to rule it! Even if she claims to be me from another world!" She shouted as she let loose another barrage of magic at the changeling queen, which the queen swiftly countered and fired in return.

The two clashed violently in the air, each using their magic to try and best the other. Thankfully for the young queen, neither Spike nor Discord attempted to join the fight.

"You can't keep them living like this!" One demanded.

"Shut up!!" Retorted the other.

They continued to clash violently until suddenly the Alicorn Princess charged up a powerful beam of magic upon the changeling queen. Queen Twilight moved to dodge out of the way until she noticed a young foal that was cowering just a few hooves behind her. The other Twilight saw this too, and tried to stop her spell, but she couldn't make it in time.

Queen Twilight jumped towards the young foal, wrapping the foal in a tight hug as she threw a sheild up around them both, just as the beam of magic collided into them. An explosion of debris and smoke swirled around them.

As the smoke cleared, Queen Twilight clutched a scared young foal in her hooves. The other Twilight landed, and galloped forward, "Oh my Celestia, are you okay? I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to--"

The young changeling queen gave her a cold stare, "Is this what you wanted?" She said, holding the young foal closely, then pointing to all the terrified ponies around them.

"I-I don't---" the alicorn began to say, but the young queen cut her off.

"Do they look like they are happy? Do you think any of them think of you as a friend?! You are not a friend, you are a warden, keeping them imprisoned against their will and watching their every move!!"

The Alicorn Princess fell to her knees, lowering her head in defeat, tears rolling from her eyes. "I'm sorry! I-I'm so sorry!!"

Queen Twilight kept a cold and steady stare at the defeated mare before her. "Release them." She demanded.

The princess began to sob uncontrollably as finally, her horn flowed brightly as a wave of magic pulsed from her horn, spreading out in every direction as far as the eye could see as the spell was finally undone.

A great relief began to wash over the eyes of many ponies around them, and many a smile touched their lips as several ponies began to age into dust. Many of the younger ponies began to cry out as their older loved ones began to fade into dust, many sharing the tears of their princess.

Queen Twilight approached the crying Alicorn Princess before her. "You can't let the fear of loss rule your heart. These ponies now have lost many of their loved ones. You must guide them, and let them live their lives. Death is a part of Life. Loss hurts, yes, but you can't let it linger in your heart. Those that you have lost, they live on, in here." She pressed her hoove to the Alicorn Princess's chest.

Queen Twilight watched as the other version of her continued to cry. Suddenly, Verse appeared beside her. "Congratulations, I am most pleased with your results." He said in an emotionless tone. He then grabbed her hoof and with another pop, they were both back in the Worldscape.

Verse gave a small smirk, "You restored balance to the universe, and with no negative reprocussions. But don't relax just yet. There is far more work to be done..."