• Published 29th Jul 2018
  • 344 Views, 2 Comments

A Choice Between Two Doors - Silver Shadows



Everypony has to choose through a door... While the light may be the obvious one, some feel a strong pull towards the darker.

  • ...
 2
 344

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, the Alicorn of Love, the ruler of the Crystal Empire would’ve been an obvious choice to choose the light door immediately.

Ponies always forgot that she wasn’t always an alicorn and that darkness was as tempting for every single pony when she had faced the doors. When the princess was only a little pegasus foal who has no idea what laid behind the doors... the darkness was definitely tempting. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (also known as Princess Cadence) knew that her cutie mark set her up to be a good matchmaker even though she was nothing but a boring old pegasus to most ponies.

The light was appealing. Not only that she fantasized about love stories and couples marching to the sunset, she wanted to spread her wings and help everypony find out their true love. However, she was hesitant to go through this door because ponies would think that she spiked their drinks with some silly love potion to make them think that they were supposed to be soulmates but they actually weren’t. She had never spiked anypony’s drink in her life and she could swear to Celestia on that fact. There were already many suspicions about the possibility of Cadence spiking their drinks that they would break up. Cadence knew this too well, after all, the ones that she had helped so far did break up after a couple of months, even though she had never laid a hoof on them.

Cadence was afraid of the dark. She never wanted to admit it but the darkness terrified her. She hated divorces. The only reason she might choose it was to amplify her abilities to force ponies to fall in love. She shuddered. She would never choose to force ponies against their will to do anything.

She sped through the door that shone with light.


The alicorn was foolish. She thought that her romance wouldn’t be disrupted by anything. She left for a moment and became blinded to the fact that a changeling had changed into Shining Armor. She had put it off to wedding jitters and didn’t think past that. Princess Cadence had been captured and she gave up on the ground.

She couldn’t even see through a changeling when she knew that there was a heavy changeling threat hanging right under her nose.

She was tricked and deceived by the light.

The princess wondered if the darkness would’ve saw through that. Then, she firmly said no. She had made her choice and there wasn’t any turning back.

Princess Cadence heard laughter from another room, specifically Flurry Heart’s, and she smiled.