• Published 24th Jul 2018
  • 455 Views, 6 Comments

The Whooves Journals: Series One - TheWhooves



The Good Doctor is at it again! Follow the adventures of Doctor Whooves and his companion, Derpy!

  • ...
 6
 455

Derpy Hooves, Part 2

Derpy, of course, had missed the whole exchange between The Doctor and the creature impersonating Applejack. This was because of her very large, hanger-based problem. Said problem was thumping on the door much harder than the door could take, so Derpy was busy fortifying it. So she was definitely not prepared when the envelope that was shot at The Doctor missed its target and hit her in the back of the head. Hard.

"Oops, sorry." Applejack's front hooves turned into large paddles and 'she' got up and made a beeline for Derpy, just as the hanger creature and the mannequin got through. When Derpy came to her senses, she noted that they appeared to have combined.
"Time to follow that advice again, mister Doctor!"
"What advice?"
"Run!" The creature began to raise its arm. Rarity ran out screaming, The Doctor and Derpy close behind.

Smash!

The doorway behind them was shattered with the force of the blow.
"Hello, SweetiesSugarcubesPunyLittleMortals"
"AAAAAAARRRRGHH!" The Doctor knocked the creature's head off with one fell swoop.
"Oh, now you've done it!" Said the dismembered head. It cackled at them both as the body kept smashing behind. Rarity was hiding upstairs, but she'd bolted the door. It appeared that there was no way out.


"The TARDIS!"
"The what?"
"My time machine"
"...Okay... supposing you even have a time machine, how is it gonna stop that thing?"
"The assembled hordes of King Sombra couldn't get through that door, and believe me, they've tried!"
"Well, what are we waiting for, then? Let's go!"

As they rushed into the small blue Police Box, Derpy wondered how in Equestria you could fit a time machine in there. What she saw surprised her very much. Very much indeed.
"It-It's... Bigger on the inside!"
"Yep." The Doctor was resting against a railing by some sort of hexagonal console, which seemed to be the centrepiece of the room.
"Okay... are you an alien?"
"Yes. Specifically, a Time Colt from Gallopfrey." The Doctor plugged in the head to some sort of device by the console.
"Is that 'Nestene' thing alien?"
"Yep"
"Are there any more Time Colts out there?" The Doctor looked solemn for a moment, before replying:
"Right. Question time is over. World-saving time is starting."
"Is that head supposed to be melting, then?"
"No, no, no, no, NO!" The Doctor ran to the console, and shook the head before pressing a few buttons. "I can't lose the fix now! Hold on tight, Derpy. This'll be a bumpy ride!"He pulled the big red lever, his slightly maniacal grin flashing in the light.


"When you said that it would be bumpy, Doctor, I was not expecting that."
"Well, I lost the fix partway, so we only landed nearby." They looked around at where they were. Derpy knew this place very well. It was outside the clock shop."We're looking for something organic, that contains knowledge, that has something with a lens. Do you know a place like that near here?" Derpy found it very hard to suppress a laugh at the Doctor's question. It was so obvious, and he was missing it! She pointed at the Golden Oaks Library, and began laughing in earnest. The Doctor, himself, could only manage an: "...Oh".

In the library, however, they couldn't find anything. Well, except for the sound of a very angry Applejack, but even that was muffled.
"You lemme go RIGHT NOW, y'hear, you plastic monstrosities? RIGHT NOW!" The Doctor looked surprised.
"It's in the basement, Doctor."
"Oh, the basement, yes. Right." The Doctor looked around. "Where's the entrance?"
"I dunno." Said Derpy. "I just kinda... crash. The last librarian installed pillows down there so I wouldn't get too injured if my eyes went funny while flying to deliver or return a book. There's a weak spot... about where you're standing." The Doctor jumped up and down on a floorboard
"What? Where? Wait, oh n-aaaaaaargh!"
"Yep, that's it!" Derpy followed The Doctor through the hole, to the basement.

The Mannequins already had The Doctor captured, so Derpy hid in the shadows, and took out Applejack's guards.
"That antiplastic was just insurance!" The Doctor appeared to be talking to a big blobby thing in the middle.
"We WiLl DeStRoY tHiS pLaNeT, dOcToR, aNd YoU cAn'T dO aNyThInG aBoUt It!" Derpy quickly opened Applejack's prison.
"I'll never speak to anyone about this. It'd be shameful on my family"
"Okay miss Applejack!" Derpy said, and prepared to take out that beast.

"Oi! You!" She fastened a rope around her waist. "You know what I've got? No ECPEs, because the examiners were prejudiced, no P-levels, because no school would accept the way I look. But I have got one thing. In all my years of my eyes going funny when flying, I've learned how to safely crash-land. Doctor, get out that antiplastic you mentioned." And with that, she dove, trusting that the rope was actually attached to something. The antiplastic was knocked out of The Doctor's right hoof, straight into the Nestene consciousness.
"NoOoOoOoOoO! cUrSe YoU, tImE cOlT!" And with that it died.
"Phew! Thanks, Time Turner, thanks Derpy! That was one Bad Timberwolf of a creature!" Applejack smiled, and climbed up the nearby flight of stairs.


"So that just leaves one thing."
"What?"
"If you're an alien, why do you have a Northern accent?"
"Lots of planets have a north. Do you want to see some?"
"Hmmm... nah. Maybe after the summer sun celebration"
"Sure, why not? It is the 1000th, after all!" The Doctor smirked knowingly.

A few days later, The Doctor came, and Derpy joined him in the TARDIS.
"So, anywhere, anytime. It just has to be... Fantastic!"

Author's Note:

ECPE stands for Equestrian Certificate of Pony Education, the pony equivalent of GCSEs. P-levels are Pegasus-levels, the pegasus equivalent of A-levels. Oh, wait! I'm supposed to do the 'Next Time' down here!
:derpyderp2:🕑:derpyderp1:
Come back next week for a new timey-wimey instalment:
The End Of Everything, Part 1
:derpyderp1:🕑:derpyderp2: