• Published 15th Jul 2018
  • 829 Views, 29 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Daring Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends are at the Daring Do Convention, but Sun has been abducted. Can the girls save her?

  • ...
 29
 829

Chapter 6: The Daughter of Somnambula

Still traveling through the desert on the track, Sun continues to walk as the bright yellow begins to rise up in the sky. It feels that she's been walking for a long time, and wonders how long it will be until she reach the city.

Sun sighs, and says to herself, "I wonder if I'm ever going to get to the city? I wonder if I'll be able to see her friends again?"

Sun continues to walk as she looks around. To Sun, getting to the city is going to take a lifetime to get to. Until she feels something strange with the track. Sun looks down to her feet to see a concrete road interesting the track.

"A road?" Sun questions.

Seeing the road, Sun realizes what it means, "When there's a road… then I must be close to the city!"

Sun looks ahead to see the city of Somnambula close to her. Unable to wait any longer, Sun begins to run to the city with her heart beating and with a smile on her face. Still following the track, and within another half hour, Sun is able to see the train station to Somnambula.

Sun sees that the train station has a few trains at the station. The people are either wearing hoods, sachets with their dresses, skirts, and other appropriate clothes the locals are wearing in the desert.

Sun looks around as she says, "Wow! People around here wears differently than what people wear at Canterlot City. I wonder what designs Rarity would make if she sees this?"

As Sun looks around, she starts to hear muttering sounds, and people either stare at her or whisper to each other. Sun is looking kind of confused to why the people are staring at her so strangely.

"Wonder why everyone is looking at me like that?" Sun quietly asks herself.

"Wow! You look just like Somnambula," A young girl's voice replies.

Sun looks down to see three young boys and two young girls look at Sun with sparkles in their eyes and smiles on their faces.

Sun nervously asks, "Uh, can I help you?"

"Are you really Somnambula?" The girl with pink hair with glasses asks.

Sun giggles in reply, "No. I'm just a girl wearing a costume. I was… at a little event, but ended up coming here."

Sun then removes her wig to show them her crimson red and gold yellow hair. The kids gasp to see Sun's real hear.

"See it's a wig," Sun replies.

Sun then notices the kids continue to stare at her looking astonished.

"Um, is there something wrong?" Sun asks.

The kids smile and squeals, "You look just like the Daughter of Somnambula!"

"Huh?" Sun questions looking confused.

Before Sun can reply, a woman's voice calls out, "Kids!"

Sun and the others look to see a woman calling out to them. She has cream like skin, wears glasses over her light red eyes. She wears a orange hood covering her light brown hair, and wears a ivory shirt, and orange skirt, and brown shoes.
She is holding a bag.

The woman comes over, and says, "Kids, I told you not to run off like that. You could get lost or in trouble.

The boy with blue hair, wearing a red and white hairband says, "But mom we were looking at this girl here."

"Yeah. She looks exactly like the Daughter of Somnambula," The girls with the glasses says.

The woman looks at Sun, and is surprised by her appearance.

The woman smiles, and says, "You're right. She looks exactly like her. And she look very pretty too."

"Um, thanks," Sun nervously replies.

Then the woman says, "I'm sorry that the kids bothered you. My name is Sand Wind."

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Sun," Sun replies.

"It's very nice to meet you. Again, I'm sorry about the children bothering you," Sand Wind replies.

Sun shakes her head, "It's no trouble at all. I just got caught unguard about what they're saying about me."

Then Sun asks, "But why do they say I look exactly like the Daughter of Somnambula."

"Well, I guess it's because you have the same teal eyes, red and yellow hair, and amber like skin. I guess the children are
amazed to see how much you look like the Daughter of our town's heroine," Sand Wind explains.

"Do I really look like her?" Sun asks.

"You do. The children and I are heading to the museum for a field trip. Why don't you come along with us?" Sand Wind
asks.

"Are you sure?" Sun asks.

The kids surround Sun and waning her to come with them.

Sand Wind giggles, "I'm sure, and it seems the kids want you to come with us too."

Sun laughs, and says, "Sure."

Sun then follows Sand Wind and the children from the train station, and are heading to the museum of the town.
However, many people can't stop staring or whispering about her. Sun wonders if she really looks like Somanbula's daughter. She then thinks if Sand Wind can help her after the museum trip.

At the airport a town away from their destination, Twilight and the girls are able to make it after being on the plane for hours now. In fact, in their case, it has been hoarse. They've been on the plane since morning. Right now, they are waiting to find themselves a ride.

Aria groans in exhaustion, "This was the worst plane ride ever."

"I don't know I want to fly on one if we're mostly going to be sitting and sleeping for a long time," Sonata complaints.

"Sounds to me that flying on your own, is different then being in a flying machine," Applejack bluntly says.

"You have no idea," Aria replies.

Rainbow sighs in annoyance, "Just be glad we made it at all. Otherwise, we'll still be stuck at Canterlot City."

"Girls, we have no time to ague. Now that we're at the airport, we need to find a way to get to Somnambula from here. It's
not going to be easy, "Twilight says.

"Especially since there's so many people here," Falling Star adds.

Rarity puts her hand on her forehead, dramatically asks, "Whatever shall we do?!"

Rarity then firmly look at her friends. Then begin to walk ahead of the girls. Rarity lead them to a car rental area. There
she begins to work on her… special charms.

Rarity walks up to the man in charge of the rental, "Excuse me sir, but I was hoping you can help me and my friend with something. You see, my friends and I are on a crucial mission, and we need to rent a car."

Rarity then flip her hair to the front in back with a sweet smile, "Mind if we can rent a van big enough to fit me and my
friends."

"Um, well, sure," The man nervously replies, and seem to be flattered by Rarity's charm.

The man rush away with blushes coming from his cheeks. He then drive a silver van over to them. Twilight and the others are quite surprised about Rarity's effort of charming the car rental owner.

Adagio smirk, "Have to say, you sure know how to charm someone."

"Thank you darling," Rarity says, taking the complement.

After paying the man, the girls get in the car and Applejack begins to drive the car to their destination. Twilight pulls out
the map to see where Sun is now while Falling Star pulls out the other map showing which way then need to go.

Twilight looks at the map to see Sun's symbol is at the city, "It looks like Sun made it to the city."

"And soon, we will too," Rainbow adds.

"And then once we find Sun, we'll throw a 'We Found and Rescue Sun Part!'" Pinkie cheers.

"I'll just ignore that," Aria says, rolling her eyes.

"How long do will it take till we're there?" Fluttershy asks.

"Well, according to the navigation system on my phone, it will take another two to three hours before we get there,"
Falling Star answers, looking on her phone.

"That will take forever!" Sonata whines.

Then Pinkie suggests, "How about we past the time with a game of I Spy?"

Everyone but Sonata groan in reply. In fact, Sonata is holding a big smile on her face.

Pinkie starts the game, "Alright, I spy with my little eyes, I saw something puffy and orange… Can you guess?... It's Adagio's hair."

Adagio narrows her eyes, and says in a calm tone, "No comment."

Pinkie continues to play the game while Applejack drives the car to where they need to go.

At the museum, Sun, Sand Wind, and the children she is watching are exploring the museum about their town's history.
Sun is amazed to see the ancient history about the city, and about Somnambula. However, it's kind of hard for her not to notice people still whispering and staring at her.

Sand Wind tells the kids, "Alright children, remember to stay close while we look at the exhibits."

"Okay," The kids reply.

Sun and the children follow Sand Wind around the museum. They can see all kind of artifacts, writing, and other kind of ancient items. Sun looks around to see the many artifacts from the past. Suddenly, Sun stops to see something shocking.
Sun looks to see a drawing on the wall of the exhibit. One of them is a woman who has a peach like skin, short dark cerulean hair with moderate opal highlights, that is covered by a white cloth, and wearing a gold tiara with a crescent moon on to. She is wearing a white dress covered in a clear satan satch and skirt, and a gold belt, a gold necklace an ankle bracelet, and sandals. She is wearing dark cerulean eye shadow and a bit of blush on her cheeks. Sun suspects that's Somnambula.

The one next to the man must be Prince Hisan. He has moderate cobalt blue skin, long moderate and light vermillion hair that stands, and moderate harlequin eyes. He is wearing a light transparent cloak with a blue dress under it, with sandals, a gold necklace, and a bracelet on his hoof. He also wearing a gold point chin on his chin. A cobra like crown with a light teal color color cover his hair.

The last person is what catches Sun's attention. The last one is a young girl. She has an amber like skin, crimson red and gold yellow color hair, and teal eyes. She is wearing a light orange dress with a light yellow cloak over it. She is also wearing a gold tiara with a sun on it, and a gold necklace.

Sun is stunned to see the young girl looks like her. She starts to see why everyone are staring at her strangely.

"She looks… just like me," Sun says in shock.

Sand Wind giggles, "She really does. You two look almost like twins. Other than the cloth differences, the resemblance is
remarkable."

"She sure does," an elderly man's voice agrees.

The others turn around to see a man in old age. He has a moderate orange like skin, red orange and light orange short hair with matching goatee, and light blue eyes. He is wearing a red orange shirt with a bright orange headband, and red pants with brown shoes. His is holding a bag full of fruit.

"Hello, Apple Merchant, how are you doing?" Sand Wind asks with a smile.

"I'm doing fine. I just happen to hear your conversation along with rumors going around that a girl who look like Sun
Goddess the daughter of Sonnambula is around town," Apple Merchant answers with a smile.

He laughs, and says, "Guess the rumors are true."

"I guess that explains what people have been staring and whispering to each other. I'm Sun," Sun replies

"Please to meet you. Glad to see you are enjoying the museum," Apple Merchant says.

"Yeah. There's so much ancient artifacts here about your city," Sun says.

"Yes, and there are more about our town. If only we hadn't face any difficulties," Apple Merchant says as he begins to
show a sad expression.

"What kind of difficulties?" Sun asks, looking curious.

"Oh it's nothing for you to worry about. There's just been some damages and theft lately," Sand Wind explains.

Sun eyes widen, asks in concern and shock, "What?! What happened?"

"Well the few of the stands in the market place was destroyed. The statue of Somnambula was broken to pieces, many of glowpazs have been stolen. And the necklace of Somnambula has been stolen," Apple Merchant explains.

Sun is in shock to hear what has happened here. What really shocked her is to hear that Somnambula's glowpaz necklace has been stolen. The one she is wearing on her neck.

Sun asks, "Does the police have any leads?"

"Well we don't have leads on the necklace and the glowpaz, but we believed that it's the same people who destroyed the statue and marketplace a few weeks ago," Apple Merchant answers.

"And who would that be?" Sun asks.

"There was a woman who stayed here and this left a week ago. I believe her name was… Daring Do," Sand Wind answers.

"Daring Do?!" Sun questions in shock.

The two adults nod their heads in reply.

Still shocked Sun manages to asks, "This is a joke right? She's a fictional character in a book."

The two adults look at Sun with confused looks on their faces.

"I'm afraid I don't follow. Here's a picture of her on the news paper," Apple Merchant says, looking confused. He the passes a newspaper to Sun.

Sun takes the paper and reads the paper. She is shocked on reading what it says, and what she sees. According to the articles, this Daring Do person end up wrecking the marketplace, and caused a stampede of animals, and end up causing the statue to break into pieces. What's more is to see the woman Daring Do looks like. However, even though the robberies appears on the paper, nothing is confirm that Daring Do is responsible.

"She looks just like… A.K Yearling?" Sun says in her thoughts.

Sun looks at the others, and says, "Gosh… I… I had no idea this happened. Still, even though you raise a possibility, it's not enough to confirm that Daring Do commuted the robberies."

"I know, but it seems likely," Sand Wind says.

"What about the damages? Were you able to talk to her about it?" Sun asks.

"I'm afraid not. She lift sometime after the incidents," Apple Merchant says.

Sun begins to think as she says to herself, "That is strange."

In her thoughts, Sun says, "Something strange is going on here. First I was abducted by someone claiming to be Dr.
Caballeron, and said about me having Somnambula's necklace. Then the newspaper said that Daring Do caused damage
here, and left. I'm starting to think these Daring Do books are more than just stories and films."

Sun's thoughts has been cut when Sand Wind says, "Sun…"

Sun turns to see Sand Wind with the children.

"We're going out for lunch. Would you like to come?" Sand Wind asks.

"Um sure. But… mind if I change first," Sun nervously answers.

As Sun and Sand Wind are talking, person wearing a brown cloak covering his face is looking at them from a distance.
Hearing the conversation, the man can see that Sun knows what has been going on, but isn't worried about it. He thinks that Sun is only a young girl, and won't be in the way. But he needs to wait, because he needs her and the necklace to get to where he is seeking.

Author's Note:

Sun since a mystery, and she like to find out what it is.