• Published 12th Jul 2018
  • 710 Views, 39 Comments

Shopping Spree Day - Lets Do This



You'd think a simple, all-day, no-holds-barred shopping spree in Ponyville wouldn't be all that complicated -- but this is Twilight and her friends we're talking about, so nothing is ever that simple!

  • ...
0
 39
 710

A Relaxing Stop

Applejack decided she'd take her turn, so she had Twilight hold her hat for her, and she drew out a slip. It turned out to be bright white with a purple edge-trim.

"Okay, and we have... the Day Spa? Rarity!"

"What, dahling?"

"Thought we agreed it had to be a place you could buy stuff?"

"And so you can!" Rarity huffed. "They sell all kinds of beauty products, conditioners, do-it-yourself facial kits, and the like! And they sell such wonderful treatments. I think it'll make a nice break before luncheon!"

The other ponies looked at each other, then back at Applejack.

Rainbow smirked. "Still think it's on, A.J.?"

"Oh, it's still on!" Applejack took back her hat, stuffed the kerchief into it, and slapped it back on her head. "Still on, I reckon! All raight, lead the way!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Day Spa was on the south edge of the Town Square, a deceptively small building with a high-peaked roof. Rarity waltzed right in at the head of the group, nodding to Aloe and Lotus, the pink and blue pony twins who ran the Spa.

"Morning girls! Got a big group for you today! Hope you like a challenge!"

The Blossom twins simply nodded and smiled, and went to get things ready.

"Uh... how's this gonna fit in our budget?" Applejack asked.

"Well, that's one of the reasons I threw in a bit extra," Rarity said cheerfully. "So we can all try whatever we'd like, and still have plenty to shop with!"

Rainbow was skulking around the border of the spa's main room, checking behind the potted plants and under tables.

"Erm... what're you looking for, Rainbow?" Fluttershy asked.

"Just makin' sure there's no Gabby Gums lurking around here somewhere!"

In the end, they decided to do the Calm-Me-Down special, which included the steam room, hot tub, and massage. All of which was highly relaxing... except when Pinkie Pie tried to do a cannonball into the hot tub, and had to be forcibly restrained by Twilight's magic.

Their package also included a facial and hooficure, which most of them took advantage of. Except for Rainbow. She sat on a chair in the corner during this last part, rereading her Daring Do book. "Nah, I'm good," she said, waving a forehoof. "You go ahead!"

So Spike had a manicure done on his claws instead, and Aloe polished his scales until they shone.

Twilight smiled at him. "Lookin' good, there, Number One Assistant!"

"Thanks, Twi! You too!" He realized he was saying this while she had mud smeared over her face and Lotus was applying cucumber slices to each eye. "Ah, you know what I mean!"

Applejack was curious enough about the hot stone massage to give it a try. When Lotus first started applying them to her back, Applejack started.

"Hoo-eee! That's hot! Not sure about this!"

"Just give it a few minutes, A.J.!" Rarity suggested. "You'll see."

A few minutes later, there was a noise like a pig being sawed in half. Applejack had fallen asleep. When they woke her up she gapped and stretched. "I see whatcha mean, Rarity! I'm more relaxed than a twice-boiled noodle!"

As they were heading out, Rarity came to a halt.

"Oh wait, Applejack -- we haven't shopped for your item yet!"

Applejack thought for a moment, then turned to Lotus.

"How much'd one of them massage stones set me back?"

As Lotus went to fetch one, Applejack looked at the others and shrugged. "Souvenir! And if my leg starts twingin' me again after a long day's apple-buckin', I figure I can always try a little home heat therapy myself!"