• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 394 Views, 3 Comments

The Rainbow in the Summer - Sonic rainbow



Summer Bliss and Rainbow Dash are best friends and sisters, but one day Summer makes a huge sacrifice that changes their lives forever.

  • ...
 3
 394

Chapter 1: The Rainbow is here

Summer Bliss sat in the waiting room eagerly as she waited for her little sister to be born. Summer Bliss was a small pegasus filly with a royal blue coat and a beautiful snowy white mane with a red orange and yellow ombré. Screams could be heard from her mother down the hall as the new addition to the family was born. Summer paced around the small white waiting room. Will I be a good sister, someone she will look up to? Summer shook her head and tried to think about something else. My favorite thing is flying. I wish I could go for a fly right now! I hope when my sister grows up she like the Wonderbolts like me! I want to be a Wonderbolt when I grow up. An interesting clean smell hit her nose a she daydreamed. It smelled like bleach or that other stuff her mother used to clean the house. Summer Bliss sat in a chair impatiently. The ten year old got to get out of school for the baby today. She hates school and the teachers have nothing to teach her. Summer only likes her friends. One day her mother took her to a Wonderbolt show and it was the best thing she has ever seen.


Summer was bored. “Why can’t she just come already,” Summer mumbled to herself. The grieving couple next to her just stare and Summer blushed embarrassed. “Sorry,” she said as the couple looked away.


Summer Bliss’ father selfishly left the family because he didn’t want another foal. Summer secretly wished he would come back, but that would never happen. Especially after all of the fighting he and her mother did. When he was around no one was as nice to her as he was.


“Summer Bliss, you can come back now sweetie,” the nurse said as she lead the excited filly to the room where her mother was. The nurse knocked on the door twice before she walked in.


There her mother, a beautiful mare with an orange coat and a sunset mane with red, pink, blue, orange, and yellow sat with a cyan filly with a rainbow mane and magenta eyes swaddled in a pink blanket. Upon seeing her baby sister Summer’s eyes lit up. “Awww, she is so cute!” Summer exclaimed. “She looks like a rainbow.”


“I was thinking we name her Rainbow Dash,” Sunset Shadow said.


“Rainbow Dash I love that name. I promise to protect you from everything.”

Author's Note:

This is my new story. I hope you enjoy it!