• Published 24th Jun 2018
  • 4,249 Views, 63 Comments

The Chronicles of Sunset: Crimson Promise - VioletNightWriter



Sunset is a vampire, plain and simple. When CHS receives a new student, Sunset will find she has feelings for them. But when an old enemy comes into town, she will have to protect her secret and the new student.

  • ...
15
 63
 4,249

Chapter 11: The Rich Family

Diamond Tiara ran home. She didn't care to watch where she was going as she pushed past Trixie.

Trixie looked at Diamond Tiara, noting that she had the same cold touch that Sunset had. She shivered as Diamond Tiara's hand left her skin.

Diamond Tiara made it home. She saw her mom in the kitchen, preparing a raw steak for her. "Hello, mother." greeted Diamond Tiara, sitting at the counter.

Mrs. Rich looked at her daughter. She noticed that her daughter's eyes were a mix of blue and red. "Hello, dear. You must be starving. I am sure that Canterlot High doesn't serve steak, huh?" asked Mrs. Rich.

Diamond Tiara sighed. She knew that her mother didn't approve of Canterlot High's inability to serve steak. But Crystal Prep would be too suspicious of her behavior, so she had to settle for CHS.

"You know that they don't, mother. But I must say for a public school, they sure have excellent classrooms and teachers," replied Diamond Tiara.

Mrs. Rich was glad to hear that her daughter seemed to enjoy her first day at Canterlot High. She placed the steak in a homemade marinade.

"The steak should be done marinating in about 45 minutes. Then I'll cook it, okay?" said Mrs. Rich.

Diamond Tiara nodded. "Okay, mother. I am going to my room. Let me know when daddy gets home." said, Diamond Tiara.

Mrs. Rich nodded as her daughter walked up to her room.

Diamond Tiara pulled off her jacket, setting it down in her chair. She switched on her laptop. She decided that she would do her homework now and get it over with.

After a few hours of research, mathematical equations, and a severe headache, she was done with her homework.

As she put away her schoolwork and books, she heard her mother call her.

"Diamond Tiara, your dad's home, sweetie!" shouted Mrs. Rich as Filthy Rich walked in the front door.

Diamond Tiara ran up to her father as he walked in. "Daddy!!" shouted Diamond Tiara.

Filthy Rich smiled at his daughter as she greeted him. He struggled to keep his eyes from shifting as he hugged her. Pulling away, Filthy Rich looked at Diamond Tiara, saying, "You know, I have this good feeling your day went well, no?" asked Filthy Rich.

Diamond Tiara smiled at her dad. She was glad that he was home. "Yes, daddy. I made a friend at school today," replied Diamond Tiara.

Filthy Rich was intrigued to hear about his daughter's new friend. He sat down with her in her room. He didn't want his wife to know that he had sent their daughter to do reconnaissance at CHS.

"So who is your new friend, sweetie?" asked Filthy Rich.

Diamond Tiara made sure that her mother couldn't hear her. "My friend is Twilight Sparkle, also known as the Crystal Prep transfer. She is also a close friend to Sunset Shimmer," replied Diamond Tiara.

Filthy Rich was intrigued to hear about Sunset Shimmer and Twilight's friendship. "Who is this Sunset Shimmer?" asked Filthy Rich.

Diamond Tiara looked at her dad. She wondered if he even cared that at her past schools, she hadn't been able to make any friends. Shrugging it off, she decided to continue their chat.

"I believe she is Starlight's adoptive daughter or niece or something like that," said Diamond Tiara, unsure of what Sunset's relation to Starlight was.

Filthy Rich was amazed to hear that Sunset was turned by Starlight. He had heard rumors about that Starlight had a daughter, but that she was supposedly adopted. But he never believed them considering that Starlight seemed to be mad at him for having someone turn her.

"Really? Hmm, I will see where they live so that I may pay them a visit and say hi," said Filthy Rich.

Diamond Tiara sighed. She didn't completely understand her father's obsession with Starlight or Sunset. She wished that her father would pay more attention to her.

"Okay, daddy. I hope that they are gracious towards you. Now, may we see if dinner is ready?" asked Diamond Tiara.

Filthy Rich nodded, feeling his own hunger growing. He followed Diamond Tiara downstairs, where they were greeted by the smell of a grilling steak covered in marinade.

"Mmm, that smells wonderful, dear," said Filthy Rich, hugging his wife.

Mrs. Rich looked at her husband, smiling back at him. She did enjoy the few moments that they had together. Like her daughter, she wished that her husband would just stop obsessing over Starlight.

"Dinner will be ready soon. Honey, you want your steak to be rare, yes?" asked Mrs. Rich. She flipped the steak over as she waited for her husband's answer.

Filthy Rich pulled his wife closer as he planted a kiss on her lips. He smiled as his eyes met hers. He noticed that they had the sparkle just like when they first met.

"Yep. You know that's how I like my steaks. Just keep being beautiful while you're doing that, okay?" asked Filthy Rich, walking to the kitchen table.

Mrs. Rich nodded.

Meanwhile, back at Twilight's house, she paced about her room. Her mind was going over every possible outcome of going to Sunset's house. She knew that she wasn't afraid, but she couldn't say that she wasn't nervous. She sat down on her bed, her head dizzy from going in circles for 30 minutes.

"What if Sunset wants to tell me that she is a vampire?! What if I can't handle it?! I mean its one thing to think about it and theorize. But it's whole other thing to see it." thought Twilight.

She clutched her head as a headache began to form. She laid down, closing her eyes. She was glad the darkness relieved some of the pain. She felt her mind drift off as she fell asleep.

As she drifted into a dream, she saw Sunset. She looked around. She noticed that Sunset and everyone else seemed to be like photographs. She went to tap on Sunset when she saw herself walk to Sunset, through her. Twilight realized that her dream was her memories being replayed.

As she watched the memory play out, she saw that Sunset seemed sad. She wanted to reach out and ask why. But as she went to do so, the memory changed to when she got the tour of CHS.

Twilight saw that she was standing next to Sunset, on the opposite side to herself. She noticed that when Sunset looked away, her eyes flashed crimson. Seeing that, Twilight realized that Sunset was trying to protect her, not hurt her.

Suddenly the memory changed. Now she was standing in front of Sunset in the bathroom. She saw Sunset look at the mirror, at her. She concluded that she was standing on the other side of the mirror.

She watched as Sunset's hand clutched the sink countertop. She saw Sunset's moderate cyan eyes went from their normal color to blood red. Twilight jumped back, stifling a scream.

Once she was able to get her heart rate back down, she noticed that Sunset didn't react to her scream. She walked back towards the mirror, her body shaking with each step. She saw the hunger in Sunset's eyes but it was replaced by disgust. Twilight saw that Sunset was disgusted by herself and her hunger.

She heard Sunset growl as she saw herself walk out of a stall.

"She really did growl, not that I didn't know that." thought Twilight.

She saw Sunset freak out as she saw herself question her. She noticed that Sunset was scared, genuinely scared.

Suddenly Twilight saw a flash before she was greeted by a light. As her eyes adjusted she saw that it was her lamp. She had accidentally left it on. She reached over, turning it off. She laid back down, her eyes facing the ceiling. She studied the ceiling as her thoughts raced about Sunset.

She turned on her side as she felt her eyes close. She felt sleep take her back. As she fell asleep, she prayed that her visit to Sunset's house would end okay. She didn't want their new friendship to end.

Meanwhile, a few hours later, Filthy Rich was in his room. He had an old shoe box on the bed. He studied the box, noticing that aside from his recent fingerprints, the dust remained unmoved. He made sure that he was to be undisturbed.

He opened the box, dumped a layer of dust onto the floor. He grabbed an item out if the box. It had an old, yellowed, linen cloth wrapped around it. He held it, making sure that he didn't damage it. He slowly unwrapped it, revealing a silver blade, which glinted in the brightly lit room.

Filthy Rich ran his hand over the blade, feeling the sharp edge threatening to cut him. He unwrapped the handle, his other hand tracing the detailed features. He fingers etched the outline of a black widow spider. His finger continued to trace the spider until he got to the spider's abdomen. Embedded in the spider's abdomen was a large blood colored ruby.

Filthy Rich held the blade, turning it over. He studied the blade, making sure that no part of the blade was cracked. Seeing that it wasn't damaged, he set it down next to him. He snickered as he thought about what it would do to Sunset.

He knew from Sunset's medical records that she had a weakened immune system. He also knew that half a century ago, Sunset had contracted the flu. Reading the report, he knew that Sunset was to die from the infection and fever.

"Hmm, Starlight is one to spot potential in just about anyone. But why exactly did she select Sunset?" thought Filthy Rich. As he thought about it, it hit him. "A daughter! of course!! She always went on and on about it."

Filthy Rich grabbed the knife. The blade he held gave him the power to reverse any turned vampire back to their previous human state. He smiled wickedly as he thought about Sunset with the blade in her, changing her back into a human. He let out a small chuckle.

"One day, Starlight, I will get revenge for you killing my first daughter," said Filthy Rich.

Diamond Tiara was spying on her father. She was confused by the blade. But her father's words stopped her in her tracks. She didn't know that she had a sister, dead or not. She staggered back, knocking into a desk, knocking off a picture frame. As the frame fell, the glass within shattered with an ear-shattering crack.

Diamond Tiara looked at her dad's door, hearing footsteps approaching it. She quickly darted back to her room. Unexpectedly, she used super speed to get to her room. She almost smacked into her door, unaware of her speed.

She closed her door quietly so it was to not bring any suspicions. She breathed a sigh of relief after a while. She sat on her bed, thinking about her dad's words. They echoed in her head. She couldn't believe that she had a sister.

Filthy Rich opened his door. He saw that a picture frame was on the floor, broken. He could smell his daughter's scent. He also could smell that she was close to becoming a half vampire-half human hybrid. He smiled to himself as he walked back into his room.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys are enjoying this story as much as I am writing this. Let me know what you think of it so far.