• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 542 Views, 6 Comments

A Parents Legacy - Lunar Flarion



A story of the offspring of two unlikely creatures in Equestria.

  • ...
8
 6
 542

Chapter 5: Close Call (edited)

The bell rang aloud, signaling the end of Oasis’s day. Truth be told, he liked his teacher and the school, but he knew there was no place like home, no place at all. He put his pencils back into his backpack and put it on. His first day of school a success! Even if there was that bully, but Oasis tried not to let his insults get to him. Mudbray had packed up as well and was waiting for Oasis by the door.

Oasis walked to his friend, and the two went to exit the school. Mudbray had also gotten picked on because he was different, and as the bully called him, ”Poorer than a homeless pony.” Mudbray threw an apple at him because of that. After Mudbray had gotten in trouble, the two went back to class and spent the rest of the time there, learning. Now, it was time for Oasis to head home, he hid his absolute joy, not because he was leaving, more of the fact that he could tell his parent’s about his first day, something the two always seemed interested in listening too.

“Hey Oasis,” Mudbray said with a smile,” Ready to leave?”

“Yup!” Oasis chirped happily.

“Then... lets-a-go!” Mudbray said with a smirk as he turned and walked down the hall.

Oasis scampered after him, even though Mudbray was only slightly taller than the colt, he was still a good few inches taller.

The two walked down the hall, now in a discussion about the latest comics.

“Have you heard about the new Power Ponies comic?” Oasis asked.

“Which one?” Mudbray smiled,” Cause they’ve been mass making them!”

“The one with the Infinity Horseshoes!” Oasis smiled,” And that Minotaur... what was his name?”

“Popper? The Minotaur from that destroyed planet?” Mudbray pointed out.

“Yeah! Him!” Oasis chuckled,” Though I know Cap could easily defeat him!”

Mudbray snorted,” Oh yeah! Use the old stallion to defeat the Minotaur!”

Oasis snorted back and pointed at him,” At least he’s better than the stallion that hides behind an iron suit!”

“Cap hides behind a shield!”

“But it doesn’t cover his whole body!” Oasis argued smugly.

“Lasers,” Mudbray concluded,” Nuff said.”

Oasis and Mudbray had gone back an forth on who they thought would win against Popper, yet they didn’t notice the filly following them outside. She had followed them, mainly focusing on Oasis as he spoke... which confused her. She had a very light blue mane with a few stripes in it, her eyes were light green, and her coat was a creamy white, and she was an earth pony. Even as they left the building, now talking about something else, she followed.

“Yeah, but you gotta read the second one to understand the first one, its weird,” Oasis said.

“Tweet tweet!” said a small bird that was hovering above them. The two looked up and Mudbray frowned while Oasis looked at the bird with confusion.

“Great,” Mudbray furrowed his eyebrows,” Birds...”

“Don’t worry, its just a bir- AHHH!”

Mudbray followed the example and screamed as well... and so did the filly following them. The reason why was that the bird had dive-bombed them and landed on Oasis’s shoulder. Oasis responded by looking back at the bird and he automatically recognized it, this bird’s name was Cinnamon.

“CINNAMON!” Oasis yelled, causing the bird to tweet at him. The bird was a light brown color with some dots on her wings that were slightly darker.

“Y-you know this bird?” Mudbray asked, giving the bird a glare.

“Yeah, she's a nice bird and one of the rescues that Fluttershy helped!” Oasis replied, giving the bird a quick nuzzle.

“Alright... but who else screaaaaa-” Mudbray turned and saw the filly that had been trailing them,” Um... who are you?”

“O-Oh!” the filly backed up a bit, giving a small blush,” My names Peachie!”

Peachie seemed kind enough to Oasis until she said something that confused the both of them,” I was wondering about the talking, purple kitty!”

“... what?” Mudbray and Oasis said at the same time.

“That one!” Peachie pointed at Oasis and smiled,” He’s adorable!”

“I’m... not a kitty...” Oasis said with a confused look.

“Ya but you act like one...” Mudbray muttered,” I wouldn’t be surprised if you ate a bird alive before.”

“TWEET!?” Cinnamon replied and glared at Oasis.

“I do not!” Oasis huffed, puffing his chest up to look threatening... but that only managed to make him look like a walking fluff ball.

Peachie gasped loudly,” HE’S SO FLUFFY!”

Oasis blushed and glared at her even though he knew it to be true. Mudbray started to laugh at this and said,” You bet he is! OH! You should see him during winter! He’s even fluffier!”

“NOT HELP-INNNNNGG!” Oasis was cut short as he felt himself get hugged. Peachie had picked him and hugged him from behind.

With a squee, she claimed,” I want to keep this kitty!”

Oasis blushed at the hug and started to mew in protest. This started to make Mudbray laugh uncontrollably as he fell onto his back. Cinnamon the bird flew off his shoulder and started to laugh in some degree as well, making Oasis puff up a little more at his friends’ betrayal.

“Peachie? Where are you, honey?” A voice called out.

Peachie jumped happily and ran towards it, knowing the voice as her mother’s. With a quick pace, she found her parent’s and Oasis was along for the ride, since the filly had put him on her back and was moving too fast for him to get off... and still mewing. As she stopped, Oasis looked up and saw two ponies, one a stallion with dark brown fur and green eyes and mane and a mare, who was a creamy white color with light blue eyes and a soft, light blue mane. It was weird how she almost looked exactly like Peachie... like a carbon copy almost.

The two parents looked down at their daughter and they both had a look of surprise as they saw Oasis. Not only the fact that Peachie looked to have taken this foal from somewhere, but also the fact that he was small and had a scorpions tail! Peachie’s mother moved forward a bit and looked down at Oasis, right in the eyes. Oasis started back, giving her a plea for help from Peachie’s hold.

“Peachie... if I may, who is this?” the mare asked gently,” And... what is it?”

“This is Oasis!” Peachie chirped happily,” And he’s a kitty that I found!”

“Dear, I don’t think that’s a kitty,” the father noted,” Mainly because it is too... purple to be one...”

Oasis looked up at Peachie, a hopeful look on his face as he thought she would let go. She didn’t. Peachie grabbed him, somehow, and pulled him into a very tight hug, she begged,” Pleeeeeease! Please let me keep him! I’ll take good care of him! I’ll feed him and bathe him! I’ll even give him jelly beans! I want this kitty!”

“I get those at home!” Oasis replied as he started to wiggle.

The two parents jumped back a bit as they heard the colt speak. They didn’t know what he was, but they thought he could speak. The father was the first to speak,” You can talk little one?”

“Yes!” Oasis yipped as he wiggled harder. Though the wiggle was futile since the earth pony’s strength was greater than his.

The mother sighed softly and leaned forward a bit, with a calm and gentle voice she said,” Peachie, dear, I know you want a pet, but this isn’t a pet at all!”

“But... but... he mews like a kitty!” Peachie’s eyes had a soft glow to them.

Her mother shook her head and said,” Peachie, dear... that's not a kitty-”

“No!” a familiar voice roared,” He’s MINE!”

The group looked over at the origin and saw Viper. Who looked like she was about to rip off their heads. With a roar that shook the ground, she yelled,” WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BABY?!”

Author's Note:

Nother cliffhanger!