• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 542 Views, 6 Comments

A Parents Legacy - Lunar Flarion



A story of the offspring of two unlikely creatures in Equestria.

  • ...
8
 6
 542

Chapter 4: First day of school

“Bye, mommy! Bye, daddy!” Oasis said early as he waved at them. They waved back with smiles as he walked out the door. Oasis was now in the third grade, and couldn’t be any more excited! First, though, he had to meet up with his friend Mudbray. He's a donkey and they’ve been friends since kindergarten. They sometimes have a sleepover at his house because Viper doesn't like for strangers to be at their house.

Oasis was wearing a light blue saddle pack that had pencils and paper and stuff in it. His dad says that he’ll need it in this grade. Oasis was now in town and had just passed Pinkie’s place, Sugar Cube Corner. Mudbray told him to meet at the Town Hall, so he had to walk some more before he could get there. Some of the ponies looked at him with smiles and some even waved. Though there were these three ponies who didn’t do either, they looked at Oasis but frowned, all of them, judging him like he did something wrong and got away with it while they got punished. His father warned him not to talk to strangers, especially if they look unfriendly or ask him to follow them, where he is out of sight.

“Hey, thing,” Oasis heard a voice from behind him. Turning around, he saw a light brown unicorn with a bright yellow mane... like macaroni. He was tall and was wearing glasses, scaring Oasis slightly. He looked down at Oasis with a glare, not even his smile hid the fact that he was forcing his happiness. He said,” Why don’t you come with me? I have... crickets covered in chocolate for you!”

Oasis looked at the stallion, weirded out that he had chocolate crickets. Oasis stepped back a little bit and said to him,” No... I have to go!”

Oasis turned to walk away, but the stallion grabbed his foreleg. With a growl, the stallion asked, ”Were ya goin’ lil... thing?”

“I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, leave me alone,” Oasis squeaked, hoping that the stallion didn’t hear it.

He pulled Oasis closer with his magic and whispered angrily again,” Listen here you little brat, you’re coming with me now.

Oasis remember Viper saying that if he mew, she’ll come to his rescue.

“MEW!” Oasis mewed as loudly as he could, which confused the stallion who loosened his grip on Oasis’s foreleg.

“What the h-” the strange stallion said, but was... interrupted by the sound of a bush rustling. Oasis and the stranger looked at the origin of the sound and saw Viper. She looked mad, her face showed nothing but anger. She had a look that could stop a train in its tracks

Viper fired her signature spell Pin Missile forcing the stallion to flee. It is well known that Viper is overprotective of her baby boy even stating on multiple occasions that she will die to protect him and more than willing to kill for the same reason.

“Oasis! Are you okay?” she asked as she hugged her son tightly.

“Yes, momma!” Oasis replied back to her happily.

“I knew something wrong was going to happen, but I didn’t listen...” Viper said.

“Thanks, mom!” He hugged her happily,” But I have to go to school now!”

“No, not by yourself you’re not!” she said angrily,” Get on my back, I’m taking you.”

"But mom it will be embarrassing! None of the other kids has to ride on their parent’s backs." Oasis tried to inform her.

"Other kids weren't recently almost kitnapped now get on." She ordered and Oasis knew that he wasn't gonna win this, so he got on her back and began moving, the wrong way...

"Mom... schools the other way."

"....I knew that." She says quickly turning around.

"Sure you did mom," Oasis laughed.

*After ten minutes of walking around*

Oasis saw my friend, Mudbray waiting by the town hall, he tried to get off Viper’s back but she wouldn’t let him, telling him if he did, he would be grounded.

Oasis smiled and said happily,” Hi Mudbray! Ready for school?”

“I sure am!” He said happily,” Is your mom taking you?”

“Well-” Oasis tried to say but his mother interrupted him.

“Yes, but first, how does ice cream sound?” she said.

“But... shouldn’t we go to school?” Mudbray asks.

“You will, but first, let's get ice cream,” Viper said. Without telling Mudbray to follow her, the small group headed to the nearest ice cream vendor. Mudbray got Rockyroad, Oasis got Chocolate, and Viper got vanilla with gummy worms.

Oasis, still riding on his mother’s back had finally eaten the rest of his ice cream while Mudbray had only eaten some of it. It wouldn’t have been too bad if it wasn’t for the fact Oasis had gotten more ice cream around his mouth, ice cream wasn’t very common in his household, he didn’t know why but it just wasn’t, so little moments like this made him happy. Mudbray just laughed at Oasis’s mess as they were close to the school. The two were taking their time until... the bell rang.

Like two racers, the two bolted towards the building, hoping the door was still open. They weren’t... but they wouldn’t give up!

“Okay... we are locked out of a building that we need to get into...” Mudbray pondered,” I’ve heard of ponies getting in by something called... ‘lock picking’... but I don’t know how to do it!”

“Well... maybe we can go to the back door?” Oasis asked.

“...Does the school have a ‘backdoor’?” Mudbray asked.

“I dunno,” Oasis replied.

“Well it’s worth a try-” Mudbray started but was cut off by the sound of the door opening.

“Why you two colts standin out ‘ere?” An old stallion asked, his glasses reflecting the two colt’s reflection.

Both were surprised by the stallion. He was big and had light grey fur with a white mane, he also was wearing a pair of glasses.

“We- we uh!” Oasis stammered.

“What my friend is trying to say is that we are trying to get in to get to class!” Mudbray said with a forced smile, trying to act calm.

“Is that so?” The old stallion asked,” Well... what‘re names?”

“My name is Mudbray!” Mudbray said offering the old stallion his hoof.

The stallion accepted his hoof and then turned to Oasis,” Now! Who are you!”

“M-m-my name is O-Oasis Defender!” Oasis said, holding out his hoof for the stallion as well.

Once again the stallion took his offer. With a firm hoofshake, the older stallion said,” My name is Over Watch, and I’m the principal of this school! You two need to come with me to my office!”

“U-uh why s-sir Over Watch?” Oasis asked.

“First, you two are twenty minutes late to class! Not only that, you two are outside the school!” He stated,” Now come on! In my office now!”

Mudbray and Oasis looked at each other both having the same thought,’ Ah cheese...’

*In the principal's office*

“You're saying that your mother took you and your friend for ice cream, and then you walked here?” Over Watch asked.

“Y-yes, sir!” Oasis said with a rather feverish nod.

“And he was almost-HMM!” Mudbray mouth was covered by Oasis’s metallic hoof.

“Well... since it was a fault that you couldn’t control... I’ll let you off with a warning today,” Over Watch said,” Now head to class or I’ll revoke my statement.”

“Revoke?” Oasis asked.

“Take back what I’ve said, now head to class!” Over Watch said.

Oasis and Mudbray nodded and exited the office. With a shaky breath, the two headed to class.

“I’m glad he let us off the hook...” Mudbray gasped,” Let’s head to class before the teacher does the same thing eh?”

Oasis sighed softly, ”Yeah... though how did you manage to stay calm during that?”

The two neared their classroom as Mudbray said,” I honestly was about to scream when we went to the principal’s office...”

Oasis and Mudbray stopped at their home classroom, the sound of other colts and fillies could be heard. Oasis raised his hoof and knocked on the door. The sound stopped and the new sound of hoofsteps coming to the door was heard by the two. With a click, the door unlocked and opened, revealing a young mare.

The mare was dark grey with a light brown mane. She had on a slightly disappointed look as she stared at the two. With a firm yet gentle voice she asked,” Are you two Oasis Defender and Mudbray?”

The two nodded as she asked again,” Why are you two late? You almost missed the pizza party!”

Mudbray smiled happily,” Pizza party!?”

Oasis shook softly,” Party?”

Mudbray looked at Oasis with a confused look, then noticed the shacking, With a soft nudge, Mudbray said,” Don’t worry Oasis! Come on! We can meet new friends!”

Like a moth to light, this had caught his attention. He didn’t think twice as he said,” Really!?”

The teacher, noticing the now happy colt, said just as happily,” Of course!”

Oasis nodded, with his nod of approval, the two started to walk in, but the teacher had a different idea. She moved forward and shut the door behind her. She leaned down to look the two in the eyes and asked calmly,” Why were you two late?”

Oasis had lost the happiness in a second when he looked at her now. Yet Mudbray didn’t hesitate, his fear finally gripping him. With a long breath, he said,” I was waiting for Oasis but I waited longer than I thought I would’ve, then I saw Mrs.Light with Oasis and asked if he was ready to go to school! But Mrs. Light said we should go get ice cream first and we did! When I and Oasis were heading back, he told me about how he was almost kitnapped by a bad stallion, saying that this mother scared him off! So then we got here and the doors were locked, but then Mr. Watch opened them and took us to his office, we told him everything and now I and Oasis are here! And now my brain hurts!”

The teacher took a minute to take in the information, then gasped,” Does the principal know of this almost foal-er kitnapping?”

Mudbray’s ears fell to the side of his head,” Uh... no?”

The teacher sighed, clearly shaken,” Y-you two head inside the classroom, I’ll call Mr. Overwatch and tell him. Next time, you need to tell an adult if that happens again! Okay?”

The colts nodded and headed inside when the teacher opened the door.

Inside, the class had gone silent when they saw the teacher and the two enter. The teacher told the two to go and find a seat while she called the principal. With high hopes that they’ll find a seat next to each other, they set out. The two saw some of their old classmates from 2nd grade and a few new faces. The ones Oasis new greeted him happily while the new ones looked at him with both interest and fear, not knowing what he truly was. But as he pasted each face, neither of them could find two seats next to each other. only finding ones that were far apart. Mudbray, being the friend he was and knowing that Oasis hated the front seat, took it while Oasis took the back one.

Happily taking up the offer, he went back and set up there, putting his backpack next to his seat. He took out is pencils and paper with his mouth rather than his magic, but couldn’t shake the feeling of somepony staring at him. He tried to ignore it, not wanting to get more attention. But he caught a glance as he bent back up to place his paper on his desk. A filly was staring at him, and rather fiercely from what he could tell. He ignored her for a second... but he couldn’t as he heard her desk creak like she was leaning over to him.

“M-mew?” Oasis blushed as he didn’t mean to say that. He glanced at her.

This scared the filly as she turned away as nothing had happened. By this time, the teacher had gotten off the phone and said that they were going to have a quick lockdown drill. Oasis felt that today was going to be interesting...