• Published 9th Jun 2018
  • 1,280 Views, 8 Comments

The Goddess of Spring - kurusagi16



Fluttershy is the Goddess of Spring, and one of the four patrons of the seasons. She loves everyone and is loved by everyone, but what happens when she captures the affections of the most infamous beast in all the land?

  • ...
3
 8
 1,280

Chapter 5

And so, over the next couple of days, Fluttershy did her best to try and get along with Dracon, with little success. Whatever task she gave him, he would find some way of messing it up. For instance, when she asked him to dust the shelves, he covered the shelves in thick amounts of dust he'd gathered up. Or when she had asked him to clean the floor, he did so with a dirty mop without sweeping the floor first. Fluttershy worried that she'd be at her wit's end, but she did her best to try and keep calm, no matter how difficult her guest insisted on being.

On the third day, as Fluttershy was going to check on Dracon to see how he was doing weeding the flowerbeds, one of her blue jays flew up to her, holding a little card in its beak.

"What's this?" She asked both the bird and herself. Fluttershy took the card and recognized it as a note she'd made to herself a little while ago. As she scanned it, her eyes widened. "Oh dear, I can't believe I forgot!"

After thanking her blue jay for the reminder, Fluttershy rushed out into the garden, towards where Dracon was crouched down near the flowerbeds.

"Dracon, I...! What are you doing?" Fluttershy stopped and looked quizzically at his handiwork.

"Why, weeding the garden of course." He said, gesturing to all of the new weeds he'd planted among the flowers.

"Of course." Fluttershy sighed. "But anyway, I came to tell you that I'll be going out for a bit. There's a tea party I'm having with my friends and I just remembered that it was today. While I'm gone I'd like it if you minded the palace. Can you do that?"

Dracon smiled slyly. "I can assure you, Fluttershy, your palace will be in good hands."

"Thank you." Fluttershy looked down at Angel, who'd been trying to pull up the weeds that Dracon had planted. "Angel, I'd like you to help him, okay?"

Angel nodded and gave her a little salute.

"Good. I'll try to be back soon, take care until then." She said, preparing to fly off.

As she did, Dracon smiled and waved at her until she was out of sight. His smile then dropped into that of a scheming smirk. "So, we have the palace all to ourselves, do we?" He chuckled to himself, ignoring the glares Angel was giving to him. "I think a little redecoration is in order."


The fall palace of Applejack, goddess of fall, looked a lot more than a farmhouse than an actual palace. What's more, there was even a little barn nearby, along with an orchard of eternally ripe apples. Applejack had insisted that her palace be constructed this way, preferring to live simply without any flashy commodities. It was here that the tea party of the four patrons of the seasons was taking place, much to Rarity's displeasure.

"Really, darling. I don't see why you can't add a little extra flair to your home." Rarity said, taking a sip of her tea. "Or in the very least your wardrobe."

Applejack looked down at her simple farm clothes, clothes that a lot of mortals would normally wear while doing their work. "And what's wrong with what I wear?"

"Well, it's just so...so mundane! You're a goddess, and any goddess should look their best."

Applejack snorted, "Like you?" She was of course referring to the glamorous ensamble that she was wearing for the tea party. A snow-white mermaid dress with a ruffled collar and hem and icy blue snowflake patterns on the fabric.

Rarity sniffed in response. "Like I said, there's no shame in wanting to look one's best."

"Oh yeah? What about Rainbow?" She questioned, flicking a finger at Rainbow and her simple sky blue knee-length chiton. I don't see you criticizing her for her fashion choices.

Rainbow stiffened a little before narrowing her eyes at Applejack. "Oh no, don't go bring me into this." She said.

Rarity waved a hand. "Rainbow's different. Her attitude more than makes up for her lack of style."

Rainbow frowned. "Did you just insult me?"

"Hey wait a minute!" Interrupted Applejack. "How come Rainbow gets to--"

"I'm here!" All attention turned skyward as Fluttershy landed down and took her seat at the tea table. "I'm sorry I'm late, I completely forgot that our tea party was today."

"Ah, don't sweat it, Flutters." Rainbow Dash said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, sugarcube," Applejack added. "We know how busy you can be taking care of all those critters by yourself. You've got nothing to apologize for."

Fluttershy smiled graciously. "Thank you, girls."

While Fluttershy picked out tea cakes and foods to put on her plate, Rarity began to ask her some questions.

"So Fluttershy, you're Spring Festival is coming up at the end of the month, yes?"

"Fluttershy nodded. "Uh-huh."

"I thought so, and do you think you might like a new gown to wear while you attend?" She asked, doing her best to sound casual.

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Here we go again."

"What? It's an honest question."

"Yeah, one that you ask her about every year before a festival happens." Said Rainbow Dash, munching on a sandwich.

Rarity's pale cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Well can you blame me? Since you two aren't interested in me making outfits for you, Fluttershy's the only one I have left to turn to." Her dramatics did little to impress her fellow goddesses. "I mean, of course there are gods who ask me for a garment or two, but it's just not the same as designing one for a friend."

Fluttershy gave Rarity a gentle pat on the arm. "Your outfits are always wonderful Rarity, and I'd be honored to wear one of your dresses to this year's Spring Festival."

Rarity beamed. "Oh thank you, Fluttershy. I've already been coming up with different ideas for this year's gown. I'm still trying to figure out the color palette, but I'm sure I'll have it all worked out."

"But nothing too extravagant." Fluttershy added. "After all, it is only a town festival."

"Yes, yes, I know darling. But it is a festival dedicated to you, and as such, you should be the belle of the ball!"

"Oh brother." Applejack muttered.

"So, Applejack, how have things been here for you?" Fluttershy asked, nibbling at a finger sandwich.

Applejack shrugged. "Oh you know, same old same old. Been keeping a close eye on my cider stock though, it seems as though someone's been sneaking in and stealing some of the bottles."

Rainbow Dash nearly spit out her tea and ended up choking on it.

"Rainbow! Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked worriedly.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" She answered hoarsely.

Applejack raised an eyebrow at her. "Is there something you'd like to tell me, Dash?"

Rainbow gulped and answered, "Well...I might have grabbed a bottle or two of your cider while you weren't looking."

"Rainbow!"

"I couldn't help it, okay?" Rainbow said defensively. "I mean, do you know how it feels to wait until fall just to taste your cider? It's like an eternity. And all you do is store it in your cellar, so what's the harm in getting a little taste of it?"

"That cider is meant for all the gods to drink, and I keep it in my cellar so that it can be aged to the right taste." Applejack said, her anger obviously rising.

"Look, I'm sorry okay? But your cider just tastes so good!"

Applejack looked at Rainbow for a moment, and could tell that she was being sincere. She sighed and said, "Well, I can't blame you for liking my cider so much, but you should try to show a little self control. To make up for the cider you drank, you'll be helping me make a whole new batch, and you aren't allowed to taste even a drop of it."

"What?!" Rainbow cried.

"It is only fair, Rainbow." Fluttershy said in agreement. "This was your mistake, so you should fix it."

Rainbow Dash relented. "Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you, it'll be nice to have someone helping me out. It can get a little lonesome doing it by myself." Applejack said.

"Oh, I know what you mean." Said Rarity, injecting herself into the conversation. "I'll always love making snowflakes and turning the world into a beautiful winter land, but every now and then I find myself wanting company. Which is especially difficult since every mortal and every creature spends winter holed up in their homes."

"Still, at least we're not completely alone, right?" Offered Fluttershy. "I mean, we do have each other, Mother Nature, and the rest of the gods to look to."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Rainbow Dash said. "Still, wouldn't it be cool if something really interesting were to happen?"

"Rainbow..." Applejack said warningly. "You know better than to tempt fate like that."

"I know, but, wouldn't you want something different to happen too?" She argued. "I mean, I like relaxing and all, but there's nothing like a little excitement to help bring a little spice into your life."

"Goodness, nothing too exciting I should hope." Fluttershy said. "I'd hate for something bad to happen, especially to the mortal world, or my animals."

"There's no need to worry, Fluttershy dear." Rarity assured. "We're goddesses, what's the worst that could happen?"

Fluttershy glanced down unsure, "I...I suppose so."


This was definitely the worst thing Fluttershy had ever seen. When she got back to her palace, she'd hope to have a chat with Dracon about all that had happened at her tea party, but when she got back, all she found was total chaos.

Author's Note:

I thought I'd try and develop the other girls and show what the inner workings of a god's life might look like. Basically, when they aren't in charge of their season, they try to find ways to keep themselves busy or do "Mundane activities". Also, I'm sorry for all these short chapters with cliffhangers, but for the sake of the story, it needs a little drama.