• Published 27th May 2018
  • 1,083 Views, 19 Comments

Queen Chrysalis' Gamble - Nevermore777



Queen Chrysalis had been caught and is on her way to Canterlot when she receives aid from an unexpected source. Who is this benefactor, and what plan do they have for the former Queen of the Changelings?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,083

Escape

"The prisoner is free!"

"How did she get out?"

"No idea, but she ain't going anywhere!"

The doors to the other train cars burst open as several guards dressed in dark armor which included fully closed helmets that had small slits for sight, giving them an appearance that would have unnerved and intimidated most.

However, Chrysalis was certainly not most. She just chuckled as she grabbed the first guard, an earth pony, with her magic and flung him off the train like a sack of potatoes. Princess Twilight Sparkle had said not to kill them or injure them too badly, and while she normally wouldn't have cared; Chrysalis saw Twilight's point that her life would only get harder if she killed or crippled any of them. She was burning with curiosity to why Twilight was helping her of all people, and until that flame had been extinguished she decided she would play along with whatever game Twilight was playing.

Four unicorns, two on each side of her, all cast the same spell. Chains made of pure magic erupted from their horns and wrapped around her limbs. Electricity erupted from them, Chrysalis gritting her teeth as she felt them attempting to seal off her magic. "Don't get too cocky, little ponies! I'm am not some little dabbler of Dark Magic, and it will take a lot more than this to bring me down!"

With her own physical strength, she jerked her right front hoof to the side. The force dragged the unlucky unicorn off his feet as she spun around and sent him swinging into the two who had chained her back legs, sending all three of them tumbling off the train into the Everfree Forest as they quickly canceled their spells due to the risk of the train rapidly carrying her away and dragging them under the train fast moving train.

Grinning at the remaining unicorn, who was admirably fearless and didn't back down as Chrysalis glared at him while baring her fangs. She leaped at him while simultaneously yanking him toward her, grabbing him by the neck and looming over him, she opened her mouth and began to greedily feed. A stream of green erupted from his mouth and into hers, and his body seemed to deflate like a water bag being drained. When she finally closed her mouth, he collapsed as his spell fizzled out.

She turned as a pegasus guard raced across the top of the train car behind her. His eyes blazed with rage as he saw what Chrysalis had done to his companion and he leaped off the train with the clear intent of trying to tackle her. Smirking, she picked up the weakened unicorn and threw her at the pegasus, who naturally caught his friend and was sent spinning into the woods. Chrysalis wasn't given a moment of rest, however, as more and more guard ponies emerged from in front and behind her.

"Persistent, are you, little ponies? And here I thought swarm tactics was my strategy." Chrysalis hissed in frustration at the seemingly endless number of guards. "I must say, you certainly know how to make a villainess feel special!"

She could try jumping off the train, but there were several problems. The first being the fact that she didn't know the exact location of this "Tree of Harmony," and it would be difficult to look for it with these guards after her. She could, of course, try to lose them by transforming, but the chances of that were slim as something told her this ponies wouldn't let up chasing her.

Also, Chrysalis doubted Twilight Sparkle would appreciate her appearing at the Tree of Harmony with dozens of ponies hot on her tail. Chrysalis hadn't missed the fact that Twilight's letter had essentially destroyed itself in order to help her break free, and that also meant there wasn't any evidence pointing to her involvement. If she appeared being chased, it would be easy for her to simply pretend like nothing had happened and help apprehend her.

So, what could she do? It certainly wasn't looking good for her as more and more of the guard ponies surrounded her. How many guards are there?

However, before anypony could do anything, a howl pierced the air.

"Timberwolves!" A guard shouted as easily a dozen of the wooden canines appeared running next to the left side of the train. One of them leaped up, tackling a pony and knocking them both along with two other guards off the other side of the train.

As more of them began to either repeat the actions of the first or simply jumped up and began to growl at the guards, who warily backed up, Chrysalis noticed something: Normal Timberwolve's magic was a lime green color. These Timberwolves, on the other hand, had a very familiar purple tint to their magic.

Judging by the lack of attempt to rip the ponies apart, instead they simply batting them away or throwing of the train, Chrysalis realized the Twilight must have taken over the Timberwolves and sent them as backup.

"How kind of you, Princess," Chrysalis whispered after chuckling. Twilight was certainly going through a lot of trouble to help her escape, a fact which still confused her.

A shadow passed over, and instinctively Chrysalis looked up to see an owl flying overhead. She normally wouldn't have paid the creature any further attention, except for the fact that the owl was wearing a collar with a purple star set in its center, which would have been near impossible to normally see due to the blazing sun overhead if not for the fact that Changelings having very good eyesight in almost any conditions.

"And a guide, just perfect." Chrysalis considered the confusion around her. The Timberwolves were certainly doing work, but it wasn't quite enough. She met the eyes of one of the unicorns, and her eyes began to glow. The unicorn's eyes widened in shock as he sagged down as her spell took effect, his eye glowing green as his mind became clouded and his will was sealed away. "Attack."

With almost the same wild ferocity as the Timberwolves, the unicorn leaped at a nearby earth pony and tackled him back through the door to the train car behind hers. Chrysalis repeated this four times, and then, in the confusion, shifted into the form of a unicorn guard pony who she saw just get knocked off the train.

"Where did she go?" One of them shouted in the confusion.

"She's-" A female pegasus tried to point at Chrysalis, but a Timberwolf batted her away, knocking the wind out of her and sending her flying into a wall, slowly falling down as she lost consciousness.

"She's there!" Chrysalis pointed at a random earth pony, and immediately a unicorn wrapped her with the chain spell as another pegasus tackled her.

"Wait! I'm not the prisoner!" The unfortunate pony cried out as she was slammed into the floor.

As Chrysalis chuckled at her deception, she suddenly gasped as a Timberwolf tackled her off of the train, sending her flying into the Everfree Forest. She slammed into the ground with a grunt, the Timberwolf atop her shattering into branches.

"Well, I guess that is one way to get off the train..." Chrysalis grumbled as she struggled to stand. She wondered if the Timberwolf had been driven to do that because Timberwolf had been programmed by Twilight's magic to help her escape, or if it had simply thought she was one of the guards. It didn't really matter, she guessed, as she stood up and looked at the train which was rapidly disappearing in the distance.

Chrysalis wondered for a moment why they hadn't stopped the train, but then, this was apparently supposed to be a dangerous forest, so perhaps they didn't want to stop her. She then wondered if all the ponies who had been knocked off the tracks would be alright, but hey, they knew how to take care of themselves.

Standing and finally able to stretch her limbs in peace, she looked up at the treetops, quickly spotting the owl in a nearby branch.

"Hoo?" The owl gazed at her curiously, and CHyrsalis realized she hadn't transformed back and quickly did so. "Hoo."

"Alright," Chrysalis took a deep breath and regarded the owl, "take me to Twilight."

"Hoo?"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle."

"Hoo?"

"Your master." Chrysalis empathized, quickly becoming annoyed by the owl's antics.

"Hoo?"

"Now." Chrysalis hissed, eyes beginning to glow.

Wisely, the owl flew off without a word, Chrysalis quickly shifting into the form of a deer and chasing her, not wanting to risk being followed.

Author's Note:

Have changed the age rating to T because of violence. Not sure how necessary it is, but I don't intend on it getting too dark