• Published 28th May 2018
  • 420 Views, 18 Comments

MLP: The Hime-Rangers - lolnewsPegasus



When the forces of evil have amassed a threat to the world, five teenagers wearing colorful lycra and themed helmets will save the day.

  • ...
 18
 420

The Hell Generals Arrive! Harmony Defender Megazord, Awaken!

Applejack and Twilight gently let the girl down on one of the couches, while Fluttershy put the folded hot towel onto the girl’s forehead as she gently tapped her cheeks. Suddenly, the girl jolted, standing herself up while shouting, “Ziz!”, startling Twilight and Fluttershy.

She looked at the five girls, and noticed the Morphers on their right wrists. “Thank goodness I’m in the right place.” She paused, looked at the towel and water prepared for her, and asked, “You were… Thank you,” The girl, with her white hair and gold cat-like eyes, then took a seat. “But I just need to rest a while, there’s a threat to this town and you’ll need utmost power to defeat them… I couldn’t even get through…” She trailed off.

Princess Luna walked towards the group. “You, what’s your name?”

“Oh, my name is Gry… My name is Gilda.” The girl then looked at the woman, who was now wearing a nightgown, her night-sky hair flowing as it usually does. “You must be the Princess?”

“Yes, and you said something about a threat?” the nightly royal asked.

“The Hell Generals…” Gilda said, her face turning grim. “The trio who made short work of the Shadowbolts.”
Upon hearing the word ‘Shadowbolts’, Shining spat out the water in his mouth, accidentally choking from the surprise.
“I suppose you too, know what happened to them?” Gilda asked.

“I am Captain of the Royal Guard,” Shining answered. “Now the designation is more akin to being Princess Luna’s bodyguard, since our escape from the castle.”

“I see… Well I must rephrase,” Gilda said, “Leviathan, the leader, made short work of the Shadowbolts.” She let out a sigh, and continued. “After which, Behemoth and Ziz showed up. The raging bull, and the tranquil eagle. You’re more likely to hear Behemoth start yapping than Ziz will.”

“What makes them a whole separate thing from the regular cloth of monsters?” Twilight asked.

“Other than sheer power, of which they are basically Megazords in a small package,” Gilda paused as she looked around. “The Hell Generals are made with people serving as cores… Beating them is hard enough, freeing the person inside is another story. I sure tried…”

“BBBFF, what are the Shadowbolts?” Twilight asked.

“The Shadowbolts are…” Shining answered, pausing to look at the Princess in a slightly pleading manner.

“They are a secret group within the Wonderbolts,” Luna interjected. “The Wonderbolts basically serve as the air team for the Royal Forces, but the Shadowbolts are a part of the Wonderbolts that answer only to either me or my sister. What the Shadowbolts are tasked to do can’t be known even by fellow Wonderbolts, or even the Shadowbolts themselves, except for the Strike Captain. They basically have to forget their missions.”

“It’s possible that the Hell Generals themselves,” Gilda said with a sigh. “They might also be Shadowbolts themselves.”

“If that’s the case, then we really need to find a way to beat them without harming the cores.” Luna added. “Exercise extreme caution with them, Shadowbolt or not, it still implies the Hell Generals will fight like people, very much unlike Chrysalis’ usual hive soldiers or even Sombra’s shadow troops.” The rest of them, bar Gilda, nodded. “All of you, go home, Gilda will stay with me.” the princess added.

“Fluttershy, may I stay in your house tonight?” Rarity asked. She showed Fluttershy the message her mother sent her. “Rarity dear, we won’t be home tonight, will be back tomorrow, love you” to which Fluttershy agreed, asking “what about Sweetie Belle?”

“She’s with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo,” Applejack interjected. “The Crusaders are sleeping over at the Acres, Big Mac messaged me about them messing up bales of hay tryna find Winona…”

The girls then headed to their homes, with Fluttershy and Rarity riding in Applejack’s family truck, and Pinkie riding with Twilight in her dad’s car.


Rarity and Fluttershy knocked on the Shy family home, after which Fluttershy used her keys. “Darling, why do we have to knock first?” Rarity asked.

“Dad thinks it proves that it's not strangers who stole keys,” Fluttershy answered.

As they opened the door, a man and a woman rushed to give Fluttershy a tight hug.

“Mom.. Dad… I’m home…” the shy girl said with a strained voice.

“But you didn’t message for five minutes!” Mrs. Shy exclaimed, as she and her husband let go of the hug. “Your father and I were worried sick!”

“But we were actually sent home earlier this time…” Fluttershy said. “Also, Rarity will be staying over tonight, I’m sorry I haven’t messaged earlier.”

“Hello, Rarity!” Mr. Shy exclaimed, shaking Rarity’s hand. “Nice to see you again!” Mrs. Shy added.

“Uuuugh, what’s with all the noise?” said another man, with disheveled hair sloppily tied in a bun, and patchy facial hair due to uneven shaving. “Oh, its you, Fluttershy. You’re home.”

“Zephyr…” Rarity sighed. “You could at least express some relief that your flesh and blood made it home safely.”
“Eeeh, I just did…” Zephyr groaned. He then trudged to the kitchen to make himself a snack then headed back upstairs.
“Well, that’s his dinner, I guess,” Mr. Shy said with a chuckle. “Now you girls must be hungry, my wife made some delicious dinner! I tried to help--”

“But he accidentally cut himself with the knife, and burnt the onions,” Mrs. Shy said with a sigh, which made Mr. Shy whimper, clutching his bandaged hand. “Moments like that, Fluttershy, make me think your father and the kitchen are mortal enemies.”

Rarity had a great time having dinner with Fluttershy and her parents, chatting along as she also listened with care. After dinner, the two girls then set up Rarity’s sleeping bag in Fluttershy’s room, with Rarity breaking the ice.

“So, Fluttershy…” Rarity asked. “You haven’t told your parents? About Rainbow Dash?”

Fluttershy’s face turned pink. “Uhh-umm what?”

“I have suggestions…” Rarity mused with a smirk. “Her coming back to Pony Grove? Your feelings for--”

“Rarityyy!” Fluttershy squeaked, covering her already red face. “I haven’t told anyone but you, and even then you were pushy.”

“Fluttershy, darling,” Rarity added with a slight groan. “You’re not good at lying, not Applejack levels of ‘terrible at lies’ but nowhere near the maximum, which is Pinkie’s randomness that can obscure really effectively. Basically like red herrings everywhere.”

“Oh…” Fluttershy said with a pout. “Well, I don’t know what mom and dad will say, plus my brother too…”

Rarity rolled her eyes upon hearing Fluttershy mention Zephyr. “Oh right… His crush on Rainbow too… But other than that pickle of siblings being romantic rivals, though honestly, I doubt that his case is even a step beyond mere infatuation…” The prim girl paused in thought. “Your parents like Rainbow, she is your first friend ever, and that she’d go above and beyond just to defend you, so what’s the issue?”

“I don’t know…” the shy girl said, trailing her thought. “I guess I should at least let dad know… it would probably get him to stop worrying too much, since Dashie has been protecting me a lot since we were children… Oh Rarity, I miss her so much…”

“Me too, and I bet the other girls too…” Rarity said reassuringly. “It was indeed a surprise when she said that she enlisted for the Wonderbolts conscription…”

Two years ago, seven girls were seated on a large table, enjoying their lunch.
“Girls, I gotta make a sort-of confession…” Rainbow Dash said with a sigh. “I’ve enlisted for the Wonderbolts.”
“That’s amazing news!” Pinkie said, her jovial energy making her hair bounce. “That means you ca--”
“Pinkie,” Rainbow interrupted. “I meant the conscription. Because of the Coalition and all.”
Rarity and Sunset gasped. Fluttershy had her head downcast. Applejack, breaking the silence, spoke up.“Sugarcube, ya mean you’re gettin’ drafted?”
“Sort of,” Rainbow answered. “I volunteered, and my big bro helped with a recommendation since he also entered service, both as a Wonderbolt and a Royal Guard.”
“You’ll probably encounter my big brother there,” Twilight added. “Probably not, since he’s a Captain, and would need to be near the Princesses.”
“You don’t look too good,” Rarity said. “This has been a dream of yours, darling.”
“Yeah,” Rainbow sighed. “After reading the summons mail, it hit me that I’d be leaving you girls. I’ll miss you so much…”

“I wish I told her,” Fluttershy said, tears pooling in her eyes. “Before she left…”

“Hey now,” Rarity said with a tut, dabbing Fluttershy’s eyes with a handkerchief. “She did say she’s coming back, right?”
“Mhm…” Fluttershy nodded.

“Now let’s get some shut-eye,” Rarity beamed. “We can’t be Rangers with a lack of sleep, now?”


The next day, the five girls, clad in their Ranger suits, were fighting off changeling troops in the town plaza.

“Fire Sweep!” Fluttershy exclaimed, her staff bursting forth a blanket of pink inferno.

“Alrighty, Gale Twister!” Pinkie hopped, and spun around with her fans.

“Doggone it,” Applejack said with a groan. “Where’s the main monster?”

“I concur,” Rarity added. “This is far too much for a standalone platoon.”

“Maybe if we--” Twilight tried to say, but got cut off by an enormous lightning strike almost hitting her.

A figure emerged from the smoke, with multiple avian features and holding what looks like an unusual musical instrument. The bird-like figure had claws on either side of the head, looking like having ears covered.

“You just have to make a flashy entrance don’t you?” Said another figure, looking like a mermaid but with a large abyssal lower half. Her mouth is covered by a mask that resembles fins and gills. “But that’s what I like about you…” she cooed in addition.

“Now I crush those pastel pansies!” Raged a third, much larger figure, looking like a chimeric combination of several large beasts, and wearing a bloody blindfold. “This will be but part of Behemoth’s victo--”

He was immediately silenced by a slash from the first figure. “Be silent.”

The second figure clapped her hands. “Now now, Rangers!” She let out a whistle. “Over here! High time we introduced ourselves, I am Primus Hell General Leviathan! Nightmare of the Deep Seas!” She moved her open right palm to the direction of the avian. “This beautiful birdie here, is Secundus Hell General Ziz!” She then nonchalantly pointed her left thumb to the third figure. “And this barbaric brute, is Tertius Hell General, Behemoth!”

The largest of the three, Behemoth, let out a guttural roar. “I shall destroy you Range--”

Only to be cut off by a shot, originating from behind the Red Ranger.

“Thanks for lending me this,” said a girl with white hair. It was Gilda, having followed the Rangers. She then turned her attention to the Hell Generals, still holding the blaster. “Now for you…” She continued her fire, pelting the larger General with blaster fire.

“Psst…” Pinkie said to Twilight. “Remember what Princess said about not using all Zords?”

“Yeah, why?” Twilight asked back.

“How about we try using just Ursa, Phoenix, and Windy?” Pinkie suggested.

“Worth a shot.” Twilight said with a nod. “Gilda did say each General has a Megazord-level of power…”

Leviathan let out a sly chuckle. “Just grow already, you lug!” She then grabbed Behemoth with her tentacles, and tossed him up into the air.

This act left Gilda in utter shock. “But he’s one of yours!”

“Just watch!” Leviathan sighed in annoyance.

Behemoth then landed far from the others’ location, but then proceeded to grow to the towering heights that the likes of Honeycomb did.

“Rrrraauuuuggh!!!”

The roar sent shockwaves through the town, shattering some glass windows.

“That's your queue, Rangers!” Gilda shouted. She threw the blaster back to Twilight, who caught it without a blink.

“Ursa!” Twilight exclaimed.
“Windicorn!” Pinkie said.
“Phoenix!” Fluttershy joined in.
“Descend!” the three girls said in unison.

A portal opened, with Windicorn and Phoenix soaring out of it, and Ursa leaping forth.

“We’re just going to cut to the chase, send the command!” Ursa urged Twilight.

Twilight nodded to Pinkie and Fluttershy. “Zords, combine!” they exclaimed.

The Windicorn and Phoenix Zords prepared to form the arms, as the Ursa Zord, like before, transformed into the Megazord torso, but this time the Ursa also covered the need for legs.

“Woah,” Twilight said in wonder. “Is this what the Princess said about only needing three Zords?”

“Twilight,” Fluttershy interrupted. “We need to board!”

“Oh, right!”

Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy then teleported aboard the command room. With only three Zords, there were only three zones of light. Twilight went under the red zone, Pinkie in the blue, and Fluttershy in the pink.

The three Zords then finalized the combination, from three, one Megazord.

“Harmony Defender Megazord, awaken!” the three girls exclaimed in unison.

The mecha summoned a shield made from the Phoenix’s wings, and a blaster made from the Windicorn’s tail.

“Looks like we’re dealing with a riot here!” Pinkie said.

“Comprising one guy?” Twilight asked with a sigh.

“One Hell General, Twilight.” Fluttershy answered with a gulp.

“Uh oh, he’s charging at us!” Pinkie shouted. “Blaze Shield!” the three girls said in unison.

The Hell General’s stampede, as destructive to the landscape as it was, got blocked by the Blaze Shield. “Now, Gale Barrage!”

The Harmony Defender Megazord then fired the blaster, sending the stunned Behemoth staggering backwards for every shot.

As the battle was unfolding, Rarity and Applejack stood in the town plaza feeling unease. After all, two Hell Generals remain near them, who were also watching the same battle.

“Soooo…” Leviathan said out in the open. She then pointed two tentacles at the Yellow and Black Rangers. “”You two going out or something?”

Rarity and Applejack looked at each other, with Applejack immediately looking away. “I-ah, uhh… Well…”
“She’s nervous, leave her be,” Rarity said, taking a hold of Applejack’s hand.

“Now see that, Zizzy?” Leviathan pouted. “Why can’t we be like tha--”

“Because I don’t return such notions, now leave me alone.” Ziz said in the most deadpan manner. Tears welled up in Leviathan’s eyes.

“Hmph!” She huffed.

While the two Hell Generals bickered, the third one managed to get the upper hand, wrestling the Megazord down. “Now stay down-- AARHHGG!”

The Harmony Defender Megazord had fired more shots at Behemoth, taking him by surprise once again.

The three Rangers piloting the Megazord took the opportunity to get up, and prepare its final attack. “Firestorm Vortex!” The Ursa head on the Megazord Chest opened its mouth, and spewed forth a tornado of fire that consumed the giant Hell General.

“Uh oh…” Leviathan said. She then waved her tentacles around as her hands glowed.

“He’s going to get himself destroyed.” Ziz sighed.

The fire tornado then collapsed into a spinning ball of flame, and sent its contents flying. “UUOOOOAAAAAGGGGHHHH!” screamed Behemoth.

“Portal open!” Leviathan shouted, tearing a portal big enough to fit the third Hell General through.

“We will meet again…” Ziz said to Rarity and Applejack as she opened another portal for her and Leviathan. “Let the other three know.”

Suddenly, Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy were forcefully transported back to where Rarity and Applejack were. “Apologies,” Ursa said through the Morpher. “Our powers haven’t recovered fully, and we have to return to our land!” With that notice, the three Zords disappeared.

And with the portals closing, the three Hell Generals departed, leaving a dumbfounded set of Rangers.

“Uhh…” Twilight wondered. She then activated her Morpher. “Princess?”

“Yes, I know,” Luna replied. “I know someone who can help, and I’ll let her know. But good work today, you five. Return to the manor.”

Author's Note:

First of the group of chapters that I was wracking my head working on, and:
New characters, some FlutterDash sprinkling, some RariJack teasing, even the new foes ship it lmao... and if anyone noticed why no RD yet, well, keep reading, all I can say
Sorry if the writing may seem janky or well jankier than I usually have, I've been jumping back and forth with ironing out these multiple chapters, and suffering massive creative blocks.
I also am working on some sketches to show what the Megazord formats would look like, I'll add them as links to the Author's Notes since I'll be uploading them to pixiv.
Hope you readers enjoy this one!