• Published 28th May 2018
  • 420 Views, 18 Comments

MLP: The Hime-Rangers - lolnewsPegasus



When the forces of evil have amassed a threat to the world, five teenagers wearing colorful lycra and themed helmets will save the day.

  • ...
 18
 420

Reunion, Homeward Dash

With the Zords returning to their territory, the six girls ran back to the school proper, stopping before the police could spot them.

“Morph Out!” they said in a whisper.

Rainbow Dash then felt a sudden surge of pain through her entire body, luckily there was Applejack and Pinkie, both catching the former Shadowbolt before she fell onto the ground.

“Looks like I’m not A-ok yet…” Rainbow grunted. She then looked at the other girls, and said in an apologetic tone. “Listen, about what I-erm, Ziz, did…”

“Don’t be absurd, Rainbow,” Rarity chided. Applejack then joined in. “Look, sugarcube, we know it was the evil power of Chrysalis, and it wasn’t you.”

“And even then,” Twilight added, “you still had a strong sense of honor, that Ziz only wanted to fight one-on-one.”

“And saved my mom, by killing a monster supposedly on her own side…” Fluttershy said, giving Rainbow a hug.

Pinkie also gave Rainbow a hug. “Even if I was mad then, she did still ask for help from my family, appraising a Harmony Orb is kinda weird though,”

Rainbow felt tears well up in her eyes. “You girls…” she then hugged back, with Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight joining in.

“Mmm…” they all hummed, enjoying their hug. Rainbow then smirked lightly. “Wish Sunset was here, the group hug feels weird without all seven of us…”

“Funny, that’s what we all thought after you went to Canterlot,” said a voice.

It was Sunset, carrying her guitar case and giving a warm smile. “I knew I heard some familiar voices.”

Twilight then pulled Sunset in, surprising her. “Come here, you!”

And thus the group hug was complete. Sunset spoke up. “Oh yeah, liking the hair, who knew long would be something you’d pull off?”

Rainbow then took notice of her hair. “I dunno, was hoping to get home and cut it--”

“No, Dashie!” Fluttershy spoke up, surprising everyone. She then softened her voice back. “I’ll… umm…”

The prismatic girl, who immediately understood, smiled at Fluttershy. “Sure…”

“By the way,” Sunset said while clapping her hands. “Twilight, can you come with me? I also need your brother’s help.”

“Sure,” Twilight replied, before turning to the others. “Looks like I’ll be going with Sunset now, see you girls!” She then left with Sunset, who wrapped her arm around the bookworm.

“Bye, Twilight!” Pinkie waved. She then turned to whisper to Rarity. “To be honest I can’t tell what those two are.”

“Aw nuts,” Applejack said, pointing at three little girls trying to scramble free of two trainee police officers. “Rares, RD, looks like they’re at it again!”

“Uh oh,” Fluttershy gulped. “Let’s go help, Pinkie!”

The girls then approached the struggling police trainees, with Rarity starting the conversation. “Excuse me, miss, are those girls being unruly?” she asked.

“Oh, a little bit,” said the first trainee, a girl with long hair and a headband. “But nothing we can’t handle, right Cloudchaser?”
“Mhm,” said the second girl, Cloudchaser, who wore the same uniform, and had shorter but messier hair. “Flitter is right, we got this.”

“I’m the sister of… that one,” Rarity said, pointing at the girl with gray and purple hair. “Sweetie Belle? Leave the poor officers be.”

“I’m... her sister,” Applejack added, pointing at the girl with red hair secured with a bow. “C’mon, Apple Bloom, let’s go!”

“Oh uh…” Fluttershy squeaked, taking out a note. “This note was written by Scootaloo’s aunts, who designated me as her current backup guardian… They’re out of Pony Grove, and it’s more difficult for them to go back here thanks to the current events…”

The two trainee officers read Fluttershy’s note, and looked at Rarity and Applejack. They saw that the whole group of girls had seen better days, some cuts and bruises here and there.

“Can we offer some first aid?” Cloudchaser asked. “Looks like you’ve seen a fight as big as the one here.”

“I’ll take your note to Detective Blaze,” Flitter added. “Neither of us are full-fledged officers, so our hands are somewhat tied. They can go with you, but you have to stay in the area.”

She then set off to look for the detective, while Pinkie took her attention to the three.

“Oh boy,” Rainbow said with a sigh, hiding her Morpher. “Big bro’s not gonna like this.”

“Don’t worry, RD. It’ll be fine,” Applejack said reassuringly. “He won’t bite.”

“He’s been worried about you,” Rarity added. “Ever since the takeover of Canterlot Castle, he’s been asking us if you’ve been back.”

“C’mon, Pinkie!” Scootaloo whined. “Why’d we have to wait here?”

“‘Cause the officers still have to approve of it,” Pinkie said, patting the three younger girls despite having only two hands. “For the meantime, let’s eat this pie I just got.”

“Alright, then,” Apple Bloom said with a sigh. “‘Ah wish we could see the cool Rangers again!”

“Especially the one who helped us!” Sweetie belle chirped. “We wanna thank her!”

“She was so cool!” Scootaloo cheered. “Almost as cool as Rainbow Dash!”

“Hehe, I sure would like to see that Ranger in action,” the Shadowbolt said, joining in. “Heya squirts, guess who’s back?” The Crusaders gasped in shock upon finding out that Rainbow Dash is back. They then jumped on her with hugs and cheering.

“Well well,” said an older voice. A man approached, wearing a dark blue shirt, jeans, and a windbreaker. On his belt hung a badge and a holster, and he was holding some takeout coffee. His hair was medium length and messy, but like the former Shadowbolt, it sported colors of the rainbow. His eyes were a bit tired, but still showed signs of relief. “Looks like rotten timing really does run in the family. My baby sister’s back right after a changeling surge…”

“Blaze?” Rainbow Dash said with apprehension, her eyes slightly watering. She put the Crusaders aside and jumped towards the detective, grabbing him in a hug. He could feel some tears spilling onto his shirt from the younger girl.

“Hey now,” the man, Rainbow Blaze, said, patting his sister’s back. “Remember, Wonderbolts gotta be strong, right?”

“Yeah…” Dash said, wiping her face with her sleeve. “It’s just good to be home…”

“I saw the letter Fluttershy has,” Blaze said with a light smile. “You can take those three to their homes,” he said, turning to the two trainees looking at him with pink tinges in their cheeks. “That way, you two can cut your teeth with escorting, how’s that?”

Flitter and Cloudchaser straightened their postures and saluted, albeit with excessive force, ending up hitting their foreheads too hard. The Rainbow siblings winced at seeing it happen. “Yes, detective sir!” the duo said out loud.

“Oh and Dashie,” Blaze added, “you gotta drop by the home, would mean a lot for Mom and Dad to see you’re back.”

“Alright,” Dash nodded. She then thought of something. “Hmm… Flutters, Scoots! How about you guys stay at my place? What better way to catch up?”

Author's Note:

Here's the (1 of 2, it was longer than I expected...) section of the wind-down I was talking about!

Like I said, no fighting involved, and the 7 girls are reunited again! Sidenote, I did add some liberties with the Rainbow family, more of which will be seen in the second part.

Enjoy this one, even if it's pretty short compared to the other one, it was the only way I could divide it, sorry about that