• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 446 Views, 7 Comments

Games Ponies Play: Shoot For the Stars - Inactive Pone



Nathan’s brand new invention, ‘The Cube of Gaming’, can take anyone into any game in the world ever made. And of course, Royalty gets to be the first to use it.

  • ...
 7
 446

Allies

A few weeks later, Nathan got the two princesses to play Fortnite again, saying that this time around, he invited a few 'Special guests' to help them a little on their skills. So they agreed and went into the gaming world once more. They quickly got into the base in Fortnite. But greeting them, were two interesting faces.

"We've been expecting you," One said. He had a rather deep but nonetheless friendly voice.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other.

"Are they the special guests he talked about?" Luna asked.

Celestia shrugged. Then the other player spoke up.

"Hey, chill, your highnesses," He took a quick yet sincere bow. His voice was rather high-pitched and had an accent. "We're not like those darn players you saw the other day that called you noobs!"

This made them both intrigued.

"So... Are you both here to help us get better at Fortnite, I see?" Celestia asked, trying to keep her polite composure.

The two men nodded kindly and offered a good handshake. As they did so, the player who had the high-pitched voice was definitely looking really excited. His face was beaming with cheer, his blue eyes widening.

“Many call me Crainer,” Crainer said. “I’m really overjoyed to be meeting you both. This is Ian, by the way. He’s my friend.”

He shrugged. “Please, call me Ssundee.” He gave his friend a nudge.

The sisters made a look to each other that told them, “Yeah, these guys are probably good.” They turned back a minute later.

“I suppose you already know us, don’t you?” Celestia winked.

Ssundee nodded and bowed. “Why, of course, Princess Celestia and Luna! We were called by your ally Nathan to help, since you both were treated pretty harshly on your first game. Gotta teach some skills.”

Luna tilted her head in curiosity. “Wait, How did you know that?”

The pros chuckled.

“Truth is, you know one of them got sniped?” Crainer asked. “I was the sniper!”

Celestia nodded. “So you must’ve seen our defeat, right?”

“Right,” Ssundee replied. “Man, you both need some skills. I mean, come on. I’m not trying to discourage you, but seriously... Why didn’t you use your shotguns?”

Celestia blushed since she stayed alive longer. Luna just let out a playful chuckle.

“Ian, how about we just get to the point,” Crainer whispered.

“Oh, right,” Ssundee agreed and turned to the princesses. “So you see the teleporter in our base? Over there? Change it to the lab setting. Don’t worry, we partied you both already.”

As the pros walked, the princesses followed suit but Luna had a lot of questions.

“There’s a lab mode?” Luna asked. “I’ve never seen that in the real game!”

Crainer shrugged. “I dunno, probably your friend Nathan must’ve added this himself?”



The group were back at the familiar lobby island. There wasn’t anyone this time, and the four are the only ones in the map. They went to an open area and stopped.

“Okay,” Ssundee said. “Let’s have ten minutes to grab the guns we need. In this mode, the weapons and resources respawn, so we don’t need to worry. We can obtain the resources in the building over there, where the battle buses are. There are these laboratory tube things to keep regenerating them.” He pointed to the building, then turned back. “But first, Everyone...”

Crainer facepalmed himself. “Oh no... Please excuse us, your highnesses...”

Luna looked confused. “What’s the matter?

Before Celestia could say anything, Ssundee already spawned in a list.

“Do you three have...” He said dramatically, and stopped. “A pen and Paper ready?”

The princesses looked at each other, looking very puzzled. Crainer just groaned and facepalmed himself again.

“Seriously, Ian?” Crainer asked. “You can’t just freaking go and demand the royal princesses and ask them to start writing a list of things! Can you please stop your memeing for one second, we’re dealing with-“

“Actually,” Celestia insisted, spawning in a scroll for both her and Luna. “We got that covered.”

The two pros turned to them.

“Oh!” Crainer said, feeling embarrassed.

“Get rekt, Crainer,” Ssundee roasted his friend before giving a playful laugh.

Luna spawned in the sisters’ own writing quill, ready to start noting down whatever Ssundee wanted them to get. “Alright, What does thou command us to obtain?”

“Just a heads up,” Crainer said, “He talks fast when we do this. Just... Be ready.”

Ssundee cleared his throat before he went down the list.

“Ahem, So, we need,” He took a deep breath, and blazed through the words quickly. “Assault Rifle, Pump Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket launcher, grenade launcher, tactical submachine gun, all the healing items, and a butt ton of ammo and building materials.”

Surprisingly, Luna finished the list already- And looked to him as if he did something wrong. She remained a playful grin.

“Ah,” Ssundee realized. “I know you both are princesses and sorry for my language.”

They all bursted into laughter. They all split up to find their own specific items they distributed to each other and they did come back 10 minutes later. They plopped down all the weapons they got and distributed the ammo. They pretty much had infinite ammo anyway so they didn’t care too much.

And the tutoring begins.

Ssundee picked up the normal submachine gun and made a face of disgust. “Ugh. Submachine guns. That’s a goner,” He said before tossing it into oblivion. “Do not ever pick that up unless you have nothing else to kill players with.”

Celestia nudged Luna and whispered to her. “You should probably note all this down.”

So Luna took out a list and named it “Loot”. She marked it down on the list. She also made lists for strategy, building and locations. As she did so, Ssundee picked up a scoped assault rifle.

“Aha,” He said triumphantly. “This is what you hope to get. Scoped assault rifle, sniper and assault rifle in one gun. Does the same damage but you can aim better from afar- Perfect for combat in buildings.”

Celestia nodded. “We’ve tested them out the last time we played.”

“Good,” Crainer replied. “Now, the best way to solve a close encounter duel is to use this pump shotgun. Take your pick, be it a tactical or pump. They’re pretty good- But never use the heavy one.”

“No kidding,” Ssundee added. “They are really slow. And also- Never go inside a house from the front door without a shotgun. That’s a good thing to keep in mind.”

“Prove it,” Luna commanded.

So Ssundee got a heavy shotgun and Crainer got a pump shotgun. It took Ssundee 5 seconds to round up another shot. The pump only uses 3.

“A good strategy would be to continuously switch your shotgun types in combat to kill the cooldown time,” Crainer said, having his inventory open. One had a blue pump shotgun and the other had a green tactical shotgun. “So in this case, your shots will be like this.”

Ssundee And Crainer We’re jumping around for a moment and fired their shotguns. It was easy to see that Crainer had more shots. Celestia applauded.

“You are really good at this game, young one.”

His face turned red. “Thanks. As you can also see, we were jumping around as well. This makes it so that your enemy can’t aim as good, and even if they do hit, it can’t deal as much damage.”

Celestia and Luna tried the strategy out themselves. Hard to get used to, but they were fast learners.

“Good job!” Ssundee nodded. “Okay, so in my opinion, some of the best guns to get will be the scoped assault rifle, the light machine gun and the scar. But as for the most useful, you may want to aim for a pump shotgun. It’s the most useful one.”

“Wait, isn’t the light machine gun what killed us last time?” Luna asked. “It shoots so fast! How does one avoid the attack!?”

Ssundee picked up that specific gun and winked to Crainer. He started opening fire, and Crainer started running. One by one, he quickly puts down walls in a flash to stop the blazing bullets, until he was out of his predator’s range and radar. Then he makes the run.

“I’m okay!” Crainer yelled from at least a few hundred feet away.

Celestia gasped. “That was amazing! How did you do that?”

Ssundee dropped the gun. “This is where building materials come in- It is best to utilize wood, bricks and metal for building. You probably know this, but the problem is that you may not be able to use it to it’s full potential. With quick reflexes, you can build a simple fort whenever you get shot. For example...”

Crainer shot him from behind. Immediately, Ssundee closed himself in with four walls and built stairs for peeking and shooting. It was all done in literally 5 seconds. But when Celestia and Luna tried to do it, they needed about 15 seconds. The pro made a friendly laugh.

“You’ll get a grip on it,” He winked. “If you always take that long, you’re fried.”

They all started giggling when Crainer walked over.

“So, do you both want to try out every gun to see which you like most first?”

The two looked at each other.

“Nope, we’re good,” Luna responded, shaking her hoof no. “Let’s dive start into the action.”

Ssundee made a unamused face.

“Hey! Puns are my thing!” He said in a rather higher pitched voice this time.



They got on the battle bus and the hologram guide was talking all the tutorial stuff again. But since they were the only ones, they voted to skip that. Ssundee motioned the two princesses to come over to sit next to him and Crainer. He pulled up the map of Fortnite Island on his lap for them to see.

“Now, where did you guys drop last time?” He asked.

“Moisty Mire,” Luna replied.

Crainer wanted to burst out laughing, but he didn’t want to mess with the princesses so he kept his composure. “Hmmm... Let’s try somewhere else. It’s hard to navigate there. Ssundee and I may have different strategies when it comes to dropping.”

“So what you’re saying...” Celestia said, tapping her chin with a hoof. “You May drop in different places each time?”

Ssundee nodded. “So Crainer And I Are pros at the game and are able to think fast and kill players quick, easy and with not too powerful weapons. So we drop at Tilted Towers or Retail Row. That is where most people go to.”

The princesses both blushed and had a chuckle.

“What about us?” Luna giggled. “We’re not as good as you are.”

“*sigh* Yo, come on, bro, respect the newcomers a little!” Crainer nudged his friend’s arm, making Ssundee embarrassed. “Since you guys aren’t as good, there are a few good places to loot in. We can go here, Lucky Landing. There’s quite the number of chests and not a lot of people go there. But since our battle bus path is not heading in the right direction, we might want to go here instead.”

He points to a random mountain on the map, on the west side. Celestia was confused.

“Where’s that?” She curiously asked. “There’s no name for it! It’s just a mountain!”

“It’s a secret base,” Crainer explained. “There are at least 3-4 chests there every time. You know what’s convenient? It’s located next to this giant crater. There’s maybe a chest or two there. Next to that, we have another house for more loot. And, if it’s in the zone, we can go to the west coast of Snobby Shores. They have many chests.”

“I call them,” Ssundee said, once again in his dramatic voice. “The rich people’s homes.”

Everyone went silent.

“What?”

Luna rolled her eyes. “You do this often?”

“Yes! Yes he does, actually,” Crainer added.

“Mhmm... Also, Crainer, you have a bit of an accent. Tell me more, I love gaming with others.”

“Really?”

Luna nodded. “*giggles* I’m a princess, yes... But I do spend a large amount of time on games when I’m free. Tia doesn’t, though.”

Ssundee snickered. “Tia? Your nickname, Celestia? Good one.”

Celestia blushed and playfully slapped her sister.

“Wh- Hey! Luna, what was that for!?”

Luna was laughing as she had a slap-fight with her. Crainer And Ssundee were giggling at the sight of the royal sisters this frisky with each other.

“I didn’t know you both had a sense of humor,” Ssundee playfully teased.

The two sisters stopped and glared back at him. Before he could apologize, the two already broke into hysterics.

“Yeah, we mess with each other a lot,” Celestia replied, then turning to Luna to rub her cheeks. “Don’t we?”

“*giggles* Yes, we sure do,” Luna said. “By the way, what do you guys do on YouTube? You both must be famous, right?”

“We’re famous for a lot of reasons,” Crainer crossed his legs. “We don’t just play Fortnite like all gaming channels do nowadays. It’s pretty boring, you know. I don’t understand.”

“Tell me about it,” Luna continued. “My friend Nathan can’t stop complaining how all his favorite channels are only playing Fortnite nowadays.”

Ssundee agrees with that. “We play Minecraft a lot too and other games. We do a lot of stuff. Hey, have your subjects ever played any other games with The Cube yet?”

“Not that I know of,” Celestia responded.

“Let me tell you,” Crainer said, “Playing Baldi’s Basics in The Cube is like trying to escape death. Believe me when I tell you.”

The princesses gave each other a decisive look, and they both thought, ”We totally need to troll Twilight with this.” But they had to put that thought on hold, for they were about to drop on the island.

“Okay! The hatch is opening,” Ssundee said. “Everyone, go to the secret base. We’ll continue the training and strategy teaching. Be there or be square!”