• Published 11th May 2018
  • 3,647 Views, 341 Comments

The Issue of Multiple Sunsets - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
4
 341
 3,647

So what now?

"What do we do now?" That was the question that most of the little group was asking. After the "announcement" by Sunset Satan, it was quickly decided that they should all return to the apartment, and talk. Although one, Trixie, had decided to stay behind and guard the box just in case. Once everyone else had returned, the question was brought up.

One thing that most of them agreed on was that they were definitely going. The only real voice of dissent was from Adagio Dazzle.

"We agreed to help, and we have," she declared. "However, we are now talking about a situation where charm and smooth-talking will not be much help. I can't simply be a lovely distraction while you handle the matter, and while I am more than capable of defending myself against a few simpletons, that is simply not the case. Additionally, since we no longer have our siren abilities, we can't use them to charm the opponents or cause them fight among themselves." She let out a sigh. "As much as I hate to admit it, we are out of our element."

"But Dagiiiiii," whined Sonata. "We've tried so hard and come so far." Her eyes were wide and puppy-dog, with a hint of tears in the corners. "Please don't tell me that in the end, it didn't even matter." Her lower lip poked out and trembled. "We have to see it through."

"Sonata actually did come up with a plan," Aria pointed out. "Should have the chance to see if it works or how spectacularly it fails."

"And you not having punched anyone in a while has nothing to do with it?" Adagio asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course that has something to do it!" Aria snapped. "You have no idea how badly I want to punch someone in their stupid smug face! I can almost taste it. It's taking everything I got not to try and provoke those two." She motioned at Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Seeing as the two were actually kind of agreeing on something, and Adagio had nothing better to do, it seemed like there was little choice in the matter.

A later subject that was a bit more passionate what to do about Crystal Prep Sunset Shimmer. Specifically, the cancellation of their attempt at rescuing her.

"What?" Rainbow Dash cried out, standing up with her hands clenched. "You can't seriously be saying that we should leave that poor egg head in the hands of those monsters?!"

"Now, Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy called out, taking a hold of the other girl's wrist to hold her back. "I'm sure there's a reason for it."

"Better be a dang good one," Applejack grumbled, crossing her arms. "I don't like the idea any more'n Rainbow."

"I know none of us like the idea," Twilight stated, "but at this point, it does seem like the best move. Sunset Satan said that she was safe and would be at the school at nightfall. Strategically, our best move is to wait until the meeting."

"And how do you know she was telling the truth?" Rainbow asked. "Or that she'll keep her word?"

"Uh..." Twilight started, brow furrowing. She glanced around, trying to think of an answer. "I... I guess--"

"Oh, for goodness sake!" Adagio cut in. She turned to Rainbow. "Are you saying you really believe that she wouldn't keep preppy Shimmer unharmed as she promised before the meeting she wants on her terms?" She then turned toward Twilight. "And you didn't think to reference -- say -- past experience with villains or some study about psychology or whatever to point out that she would be safe as promised until said meeting?"

"You seem to have a strong view, darling," said Rarity. She quirked an eyebrow. "Care to share it with us?"

Adagio let out a sigh, and rolled her eyes.

"Seeing as how we are the actual ones who were ever intentionally villainous here, I suppose one of us should." She snapped a finger. "Aria, explain."

"Why can't you--"

"Because told you to. Now go!"

Aria Blaze let out a huff and crossed her arms, slouching. She scowled at the floor a long moment before straightening up.

"Okay," she finally said. "Those of you that knew the pre-rainblow job Sunset remember how much of a arrogant, egotistical bitch she was, right?"

No one said anything, but the looks on certain faces made it clear they remembered. There were even some faces among the Sunsets that indicated they might remember having their own similar phase at some point.

"Keeping that in mind," Aria continued, "especially since we are dealing with someone who is essentially an evil bitch version of Sunset, what seems more likely: that she would waste the energy to deal with one thing, but not the others, or she would wait to get everyone in one place to gloat about her success?"

"Gloating," Pinkie called out. "Definitely the gloating."

There seemed to be several voices of agreement. And while not everyone was entirely happy with the conclusion that they had come to, none of them could come up with a good reason to disagree and try anyways. As such, with some pouting, it was decided.

Slowly, the group came to the biggest question: what to do until then. None of them really felt like waiting around doing nothing until then, and there was not a lot they had to do. The biggest and main thing was to go get the magic box and take it to the school, that way they could try and use it to start sending Sunset Shimmers through: hopefully with Satan being the first.

The only other thing actively going on was that street mage Sunset Shimmer wanted to go out and get some supplies she could use for magic. According to her, she felt out of her league after what happened with the mind control, and the stories of more powerful magic being used, so if she was going to fight (and she was certain this was definitely going to end up in a fight), then she would need to get whatever edge she could manage.

With that all planned and set up, the rest found themselves in a frustrating position of being stuck. There was nothing they needed to do, but they were all to tense to just sit around or do something relaxing.

It was going to be a long afternoon.