• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 333 Views, 4 Comments

A Political Crisis - Deep556



Economy has been greatly reduced over the course of weeks, therefore resulting a fight between four ideologies.

  • ...
10
 4
 333

Chapter 4: Persuasion Than Propaganda

Author's Note:

I was a big fan of anarchism back then: If there is no one controlling us, we would be free to do anything! I started to spread anarchist propaganda all over the school, but so did my communist friend. So it turned into an ideological war. It ended as a draw when me and my friend made a peace treaty with no winners nor losers, so I changed ideology again. If being a Nazi was bad, then I guess being a fascist would seen normal enough.

Twilight began her duty as she walks out of the military-filled country, she feels like as if the soldiers guarding the territory would be a normal thing to see when you first wake from your bed. Her first location is at the Wonderbolt Commune, she still could not imagine what a country would look like with Rainbow Dash ruling it.

She reached the under of the floating nation and started to use her wings to energetically fly all the way to the entrance. While on the way, she took a glimpse of the Republic of Ponyville, surprisingly, it was not as bad as the guards say. The houses looked more modern, a new school has been built at the side of the farm, and many ponies went to the fields to knock the trees and collect the apples, both exercising their military and for collecting resources.

Twilight reached the borders of the Commune, a very tall cement wall surrounded the entire state, and only one archway that makes the entrance and the exit, meaning the leader can easily open and close it at anytime. She was stopped by the guards who were sent to protect the archway from illegal immigrants.

One of the guards asked, "Where is your required pass?"

"Uhh.... I'm for diplomatic relations?", Twilight answered with confusion, 'I bet Rainbow Dash made an awesome pass, only exclusive to locals'.

The guard got out a walkie talkie from his uniform pocket, by the way, looking very aggressive. He contacted the familiar voiced pegasus, "We got an ambassador here from.....?", the guard placed his eyes on Twilight, making it obvious what he wants.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, ambassador for the Canterlot Reich."

The guard accurately imitated Twilight's statement over the walkie talkie. The voice from the other side of the device quickly stated, "Let her in, we've been expecting her ever since the news came out."

The archway was now free for her to enter in, after which, the guard advised Twilight, "Don't joke around any pony within our lands, they take it too seriously..."

Twilight finally entered in the wide nation, the ponies look very happy, as if nothing was ever wrong. The garbage was now organized and cleaned by the workers, and fillies can be seen soaring through the air as part of their training. Twilight wondered around a bit just to see what has changed ever since the revolution. There were still some buildings under construction, and most buildings being repaired after the trashing, who knew a mass can destroy this much just to change an ideology.

She entered in the heart of the Wonderbolt Commune, the office of where their leader is in. Twilight asked one of the soldiers where she could find the office for foreign relations. The soldier pointed at the location, "This hallway with two lefts and one right, you will see a sign that says so", Twilight thanked the soldier and walked to the room she was ought to be.

As Twilight walked in the long hallway, there are little to no lights that are actually working, she realized that socialists don't really fund that much for electricity, but these are government buildings, the lights should fully work. If these lights do not work, I wonder how the electricity in the civilian buildings are going?

Twilight finally reached to the brown door that held the big meeting she was about to part of. She did not plan any of this to happen, Fasces was eager to get the policy running that Twilight did not have time to prepare herself. So without any prepared notes at all, she opened the door.

The room was filled with all sorts of ponies: The press conference, the soldiers, and the government officials, particularly Rainbow Dash. They were all sitting on their chairs where the giant round table was in. Who knew a diplomatic meeting can be so crowded? As Twilight walked by, she can both see and hear the flashes of the cameras, fearing that she might trip over something and have it released on the newspaper which apparently every pony reads now.

She occupied the one seat that was left reserved for her, there began the conversation between the various ponies, first starting off with Rainbow Dash.

"So, you have a job too, ay? I expected you to be an awesome leader like me! Well, not like me, at second place at best president, maybe, but a diplomat can do", Rainbow stated.

Twilight questioned Rainbow Dash, "What made you interested into entering politics?", the press started to take the whole conversation down into notes.

"Being a leader is an awesome way of telling ponies what to do for yourself. So I figured that if I become president of this place, ponies from all over Equestria would start taking orders from me!"

Looks like the press have their theory correct, it was because Rainbow Dash wanted to prove her awesomeness. The secretary started questioning Twilight, "What can you contribute to our nation that can benefit the both of us with the fact that we are opposing ideologies?"

Twilight could not see who the secretary of Rainbow Dash who questioned her among the giant crowd, she tried raising her head up to see who it was. The question was heard at the left side of the table. She took a peak, it couldn't be the press conference nor the soldiers, they cannot be secretaries. So the only option available was....

Spitfire was still waiting for Twilight to answer her question. With Twilight surprised that she still has a position in the government, she responded, "We can contribute to you a realization that not all different ideologies are always bad. There are very responsible leaders who are currently ruling states. What if a war started because you were too paranoid on others?"

The soldiers and the government officials widened there eyes in surprise. The adviser whispered to Rainbow Dash about something. Rainbow Dash asked Twilight a very complicated question, "How does one fascist, such as you, improve the economy of a nation?"

Twilight thought for a while, if she says bad things about fascism, the socialists will start to doubt them, "Fascists take total control of the economy, meaning we can decide what is best for our ponies, and if it does not work, we can easily adjust it with no complications at all."

Rainbow Dash had to admit the good points she claimed, but she wonders even more, "What if the government thinks that the new modification of the economy is good, but the citizens disagree?"

Twilight defended her ideology, "Citizens must benefit the state, if they don't contribute to the government, and it's the fault of the economy, we can change it. The goal of a fascist is to make sure everyone works to improve the country."

The press took down their final notes, and stomped their hooves on the floor to congratulate Twilight for the successful meeting as both Twilight and Rainbow Dash continued to talk about how excellent their countries are, the effects of cooperation of both fascists and socialists, and more other topics.

After the meeting ended where the room is almost empty, Rainbow Dash walked up to Twilight with gratitude, "You were rocking out there! Maybe not all ponies are enemies..."

Twilight replied, "Thanks, Rainbow Dash, but I have to ask personally. Now that you kind of trust the Canterlot Reich, can you maybe show me the plans that are to be executed when both your economy and infrastructure are repaired?"

"I don't fully trust fascists yet.... But sure! You can see one of my plans", Rainbow Dash decided.

The two ponies walked all the way to the president's office by going back where Twilight came from, and instead took four straights and two rights. This building is incredibly larger than Twilight had thought it would be.

They both entered in the president's office, filled with lots of paperwork to be done, luckily for her, she has her adviser doing all that. Rainbow Dash went to the cabinet and took one file from it and showed it to Twilight:

What To Do List (Not In Order):

1. Improve Economy
2. Repair Buildings
3. Add Aggressive Border Laws
4. Host diplomatic events
5. Sign non-aggression pact with the Socialist Crystal Republic
6. Guarantee independence of Communist Two Sisters

Twilight asked, "Since when did you guarantee the Communist Two Sisters?"

"We kept it secret yesterday, we'll release the news now", Rainbow Dash replied.

With Twilight relieved that nothing bad is about to happen yet with what Rainbow Dash has planned, she still has to fulfill her mission of getting secret information. That would be disloyal of Twilight, especially in front of a pony who has loyalty, but she just had to do it, something inside her brain told her to do it.

Twilight needed to distract Rainbow Dash and her adviser to leave the room, "You know, if you want to get a good reputation from all the other countries, you can start by fixing the electricity inside this glorious building!"

Rainbow Dash realized, "Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me Twilight. Come on, my loyal adviser, let's go inform our professional electricians of our current issue."

They both went out of the office, leaving Twilight in it. So Twilight quickly searched all the cabinets to find something that looks secret enough. There's a folder that says 'Totally Not A Secret Plan', she took a quick scan too make sure its a legit secret plan. She found the words, attack, revolutionize, and destroy. Sounds like a secret plan, indeed. So Twilight hid the file in her suit, which it fully covers it up with no suspicion at all.

Twilight went out of the massive building and exited the Wonderbolt Commune, the only thing she has to do now to complete her first task is to show the information to Fasces Pride.

Daily News

Wonderbolt Commune And Canterlot Reich Meeting Successful!

Ever since Fasces Pride declared the Open Door Policy in his country and appointed Twilight Sparkle as the ambassador of the Canterlot Reich, he wanted to improve relations with all the different ideological nations, starting with the Wonderbolt Commune. The meeting traded information between the two countries with a little hesitation, but it was nothing the ambassador couldn't handle.

We expect peace to last forever. If this meeting between two opposing ideologies went successful, so can other meetings.

.....

Wonderbolt Commune Guarantees Independence of Communist Two Sisters

Rainbow Dash, leader of the Wonderbolt Commune, wants to protect her friends that share the same ideas and beliefs, the only friend who passes these requirements is Pinkie Pie, leader of the Communist Two Sisters. The two agree that if any pony declares war on Pinkie's nation, Rainbow Dash would help her. They both state that the socialist's great enemy have always been democrats, the fascists on the other hoof seem to be friendly and they pose no threat at all ever since the meeting.