• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 330 Views, 4 Comments

A Political Crisis - Deep556



Economy has been greatly reduced over the course of weeks, therefore resulting a fight between four ideologies.

  • ...
10
 4
 330

Chapter 1: The Trouble Begins

Author's Note:

Are you reading this because you're interested in how this realm would work if there were a few political oppositions? Well, you gotta at least know a few major ideologies and a few other heavy words that relate to politics before you read further chapters.

Daily News

Another Theft Successful In The Canterlot Treasury!

Celestia Promises To Fund More On Its National Gaurds

"This is the seventh time this month!" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed as she walks with Spike to their home, exhausted after filing in the papers, "Maybe we should suggest something that no pony has ever done before!"

"Become part of the national guards?" Spike sarcastically says, "You're filling up our free days!".

Twilight giggles to the statement, "Of course not, we're going to set up a parliamentary!"

It was unthinkable, adding a new political system to help with current issues is a lot of paperwork, fortunately for Twilight, she could work it out. With her idea sounding very useful, she quickly ran the opposite direction of their house, rather to the Canterlot Castle, where they would eventually meet the two princesses. During their tiring run to the castle, they passed by a few small protests in Canterlot City, they couldn't hear what the ponies were protesting about, but they're signs were large enough to be read at least many yards away:

We want Socialism!

You want a better military?! Get a better fascist!

Raise your taxes!

The two finally reached the entrance to Celestia's throne, which surprisingly was heavily militarized by the guards, one guard even stopped them at the hoof of the door and asked "Where are your papers?"

Twilight was confused and instead defended her rights, "Excuse me? I am a princess, did Celestia or Luna ever needed to bring papers?"

The guard sighed and opened the doors to the throne room, finding an argument between many, many groups. Twilight caught one common word every pony was hearing, "Money". She barged in through the tight spaces that were left just to find Celestia, which they did.

In Celestia's relief, she said, "Twilight! Thank goodness you're here. I need to clear out these ponies as quick as I can. Can you help me?"

Twilight was surprised into hearing that Celestia needed help..... Again. Twilight calmed the three groups down settled them into each space of the throne room equally, it was hard, they kept 'accidentally' pushing their hooves to Twilight just to shout their expression, she was glad it wasn't that severe. With the three groups organized, Twilight instantly went to Celestia and Luna to suggest something.

"I just thought of something that could easily stop the thefts in your treasury!"

"Force every pony to join the military?" Luna guessed.

"Change curfew of guards to 24 hours?" Celestia suggested.

"Implement a parliamentary system!" Twilight said happily.

The two major princesses whispered to themselves about it. Will it solve our current issue? Can it dissolve our other problems? They decided.

"Gather a representative of every creature there is, a discussion will be made" Celestia announced to all the three groups, with Twilight both happy and confused. Happy that there will finally be a solution to the current situation, and confused with the other problems they say. In satisfaction of the agreement, she finally went home.

.....

It's been a few days after the intense situation, still no word from the princesses, nor anyone else regarding of it. Twilight went outside and found a newspaper at her door. Yes, newspapers always tell the news, let's see what's here.

Daily News

Parliamentary decides on holding elections, will it cause more troubles or solve them?

Twilight was surprised, "I expected every creature to protect our treasury! Not vote on who else can do it!". She continued reading the newspaper

Today, inside the Kingdom of Canterlot, every creature from all across Equestria decide to hold up democratic elections as monarchs. The elections don't choose a prime minister, though, they're finding out who could be the president of Canterlot.

" It's absurd! They're breaking their own royal tradition as monarchs! If we have democrats as our leader, who knows how many disasters will occur!" Says one pony from Ponyville.

Since the parliamentary contains creatures from all across Equestria, there have been socialist, fascist, and democratic uprises in numerous amounts of locations, like the Crystal Empire, Everfree Forest (Apparently animals can protest too), and Ponyville.

Ponyville? Twilight quickly went to the town square to find any sort of protest, apparently there was, between the democrats and the fascists. What's even more shocking is that Applejack and Rarity are leading both of the opposites. Twilight ran over to Rarity asking "What's going on? I thought you and Applejack were friends!".

Rarity answered, "We were friends until Ms. Democrat here tried to criticize absolute stunning business as 'Heap of wild ol' fascist shops'."

"That does not sound like Applejack..." Twilight thought to herself, though how she used the words do seem like her, so she figured to go ask Applejack.

Before Twilight can even raise her mouth for questioning, Applejack answered, "I know what you're going to ask, and Rarity decided to fashion up my whole farm as a revenge to my simple and honest statement!".

If it was just a simple pony to pony problem, Twilight can easily solve that, but a group to group problem with each group having the population of half a village will be a bit more difficult to fix. All Twilight can do now is wait and see who will become the next leader of Equestria.

During her patience of the next leader, she might already have a clue of who the next leading ideology will be through the news...

Daily News

The Canterlot Democratic Party has been formed with their ideology as Democracy

The National Authoritarian Equestrian Worker's Party has been formed with their ideology as Fascism

The Revolutionary Canterlot Party has been formed with their ideology as Communism (It's actually Socialism)

Party Popularity Status:

Monarchy - 2%

Democracy - 48%

Fascism - 45%

Socialism - 5%

.....

Socialists promise controlled economy through new fiscal policies.

Fascists spread influence through the Everfree Forest and Ponyville.

The Canterlot Democratic Party takes opportunity of majority as it spreads influence to Ponyville.

Ponyville has been separated into two: The Republic of Ponyville (Democratic) and The Ponyville Empire (Fascist).

.....

Party Popularity Status:

Monarchy - 0%

Democracy - 37%

Fascism - 49%

Socialism - 14%

The Elections Have Ended.....

The National Authoritarian Equestrian Worker's Party have won the election and instead of president, Fasces Pride has been declared dictator of The Canterlot Reich.