• Published 10th Apr 2018
  • 814 Views, 27 Comments

Monster's Parole - Jaycren



Those wronged by the Aesir have found their way to Equestria, but what of those that where wronged by those that ruled Greece. Those that deserve, They will know peace. Hades Justice is enacted, Persephone's Mercy upon all.

  • ...
1
 27
 814

Before the Board

Prometheus sat before Hades, Persephone to the right of her husband, King Minos to his left. The three looked down upon the fire bringer, causing the titan to shift in the stiff wooden chair. Hades spoke, bringing the proceedings to order.

"Prometheus, you are before we three for a specific purpose. Now that Zeus has fallen, it falls to me bring forth order. My first point of business is to reexamine all judgments brought down by the other gods. Your case has been brought before this board as being one of unique qualities. On one side, you sought to ease the burden of those less then yourself and where a champion of humanity. You paid a heavy price for such kindnesses. Yet, on the other hand, you routinely disobeyed the gods and sided with or against them as it suited you. You tricked them all on more then one occasion. Do you have anything to add to what I have said?"

Prometheus sighed. "I've always done what I thought was correct. I created humanity and felt a responsibility to guide them. When the gods took fire from them, I took it back. I taught Humanity all that it wanted to know, without reservation. Despite Pandora's unfortunate actions I never blamed her, nor my brother. I still wish them well. But, I've always felt compelled to follow my own heart, my own flame, and I must always do so. I thank you Hades, of all the gods I have never had any cause to have issue with you. You and Persephone, rule the underworld wisely and fairly, if a little harshly at times. I respect the both of you. This being said, I'll never be anything other then what I am, nor have a want to be. If this disturbs you, then lock me away again, I will not beg, not even of the three of you. Three who I hold in highest regard."

Settling back into his chair, the proud Titan held his head high, awaiting judgement.

The three judges whispered among themselves, soon consensus was reached. This time it was Persephone that rose, the queen of the Underworld uttered her pronouncement.

"You shall be taken to another realm. You will no longer be a titan or have a titan's power. You will be nothing more then a human, to join those that you favored for so long."

Next Minos brought forth his judgment, "However, as one who has been bound unjustly, no binding except what you shall allow will hold you. You who is one of the eldest, who was always a teacher, shall be written into this realm as a senior staff in the local school for Young Men and Woman."

Finally the Lord of the Underworld, Hades, God Of The Earth, The Final Judge, Spoke.

"Prometheus, You have shown a tendency towards Laughter, Kindness, and Generosity, yet these traits where never rewarded within your lifetime. So I decree, as long as you follow those three core values, you will be rewarded accordingly. However, if you indulge in their alternate, sorrow, cruelty, and greed, for which you have also shown great propensity, then you shall reap those consequences instead."

Upon Hades last words all light vanished from Prometheus's vision as he faded into the blackest void, being sent to his final destination.

#######################################################################################

Persephone strode through the Underworld, her path sure and straight, through the mourning fields towards one soul in particular. The shade sat, cast in Shadow, weeping for all she had lost, for the cruelty of men and for the lost love she had found. She wept for her taken children and the treachery of women.

Persephone stood before the weeping shade, observing. This one that was doomed because she said no, because she had doubts. Doomed to tell the truth, and never be believed. Driven to madness and raped, before being murdered by a treacherous woman. This Faultless soul had suffered enough, Hades had told her and Minos to choose one other soul each, she had chosen this one. This one deserved a life, this one deserved mercy. Persephone crouched, placing a hand gently on the shade, looking up, the woman beheld the Queen of the Underworld, in that instant all tears ended. Persephone smiled, rising, the Queen of the Underworld pulled the soul up with her, as they both stood, Persephone spoke.

"Cassandra you have suffered for the crime of saying no. Now that the gods of the old have fallen, my husband, Hades has been able to review your case and reverse the judgement of Apollo. You have shown the values of Honesty, Loyalty, and Forgiveness, it is high time you were rewarded for this. You'll be given a new life, the life long denied to you. The punishment of Apollo unjustly deprived you of your youth, it'll be restored. You where raped by Ajax, with no punishment to him. The man that would have been yours, taken by a jealous, unfaithful whore. So a man that will protect you from all harm, shall greet you when you arrive. You where denied a family, his family will become yours. You where punished for telling the truth, therefore telling the truth will now reward you. A prophetess you will still be, but no longer only see doom, the good no longer concealed from you. I wish you well on your journey, Tell Granny Smith, I send my greetings and regret I can't come myself."

Embracing Persephone, Cassandra cried into the Goddess's chest, sobbing in relief. Persephone held her until her tears were exhausted. Releasing the goddess, Cassandra looked up to the taller woman.

"Thank you, Lady Persephone, I shall do as you said," Stepping back she saw the stains her tears had left on the Goddesses dress, a look of horror crossing her face, she began to shake. Cringing, she began to stutter out an apology.

"I'm so sorry lady...I didn't mean..." Cassandra found herself in Persephone's arms again, the goddess holding her like a child and shushing away her fears."

"Enough dear girl, all the gods and goddesses in existence should apologize to you, one dress is a small price for easing your sorrow. I'm married to the God that all wealth in all of creation belongs too. My fortune is limitless. Now cease your tears, so I may send you where you need to be." Cassandra nodded and was released from the goddess's embrace.

Extending her hand, Persephone called forth the mists of Oceanus, converging on Cassandra, they covered her and when they dispersed she was gone. Gone to live the life she deserved, no longer bound by the malice that had been directed at her for so long.