• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 1,298 Views, 9 Comments

A Displaced Gunner - Shadow Hero



[Displacement] I have heard about so many People go missing at cons, and now it my turn as the man with the machine gun himself Laguna

  • ...
13
 9
 1,298

An Ant Problem

-An Ant Problem-

The cave lead them to a village hidden under thick trees and vegetation that obscured all most all manner of sunlight.

“This must be Hollow Shade.” Maud stated, idly scanning the area and finding the area mostly populated by Bat ponies.

Some of them stopped and stared at Laguna. “We should find a place to stay.” Laguna said now feeling rather uncomfortable.

“I’ll go ask around.” Rainbow said as she and Pinkie walked away asking a bat pony that only gave them the cold shoulder.

“I don't think they like talking to strangers.” Maud explained. Laguna however failed to hear, his eyes fixated on a sign that read “Bed and Beer”.

“I think I found an inn.” Laguna said pointing out the place. With a nod they made for the inn.

Inside was a bat pony mare with a eye patch standing behind the bar, her back to the door. “What will it be?” She asked.

“We would like a place to rest.” Rainbow said walking up and taking a seat at the bar.

“Right a… Umm.” The inn mare had turned and flinched, her eye landing upon Laguna.

“What, am I that scary or something?” Laguna asked, feeling rather self conscious.

“No its...first we don't get many visitors, and well you do look like a hairless minotaur. “ She said with a shameful blush.

“Its ok...It's not the first time I heard that one, so a room for four.” Laguna said pulling out a bag of bits.

The inn mare picked the bag up and began to weigh it in her hoof. “It should cover the night and then some.” She said with a smile. “But we only have two rooms available, if thats ok?”

“Me and Maud can share a room.” Pinkie said putting her fore hoof around her sister.

“I guess that leaves me and Rainbow then.” Laguna said shaking his head.

“Here you go then.” The mare said handing them the keys to their rooms, taking the keys they each made for their respective quarters.

Laguna opened the door to his and Rainbow’s room, only to find a single bed. “I could sleep on the floor, I could sleep anywhere.” Rainbow said as she walked in and took her bag off.

“It’s fine by me.” Laguna said as he walked over to a table and took out the crystal. “I wonder what this does?” He asked himself as took a closer look at the crystal.

“Why don’t you leave that alone-”

I, Zidane Tribal one of the heroes of light, will aid you in any fight against a fiend or if you need something.. Let's say liberated. Just hold this crystal up to the sun.” A voice rang out of the crystal causing Laguna to drop it.

“What the hell was that?” Rainbow said

“I don’t know, but maybe?” Laguna, picking up the crystal, walked outside to do what the crystal said as he held it to the crystal to the sky.

A portal opened and a guy with a monkey tail walked out. “You called.” the guy said.

“Ah yeah, where did you-”

“I’ll explain, but do you have anywhere I can sit down.” The monkey tailed guy said walking up to and chatting with Rainbow. With a nod Laguna lead there guest to the bar.

“So you were sent here too?” Laguna asked

“Not here, but an alternate universe but yeah. I took these off a table.” the guy named Zidane said pointing to his dagger case. “I guess you were cosplaying as well?”

“No, I was walking around in my regular clothes taking pictures, and then I bought these dog tags. So this was the catalyst of me being sent here…” Laguna said as a waitress set down three glasses of beer.

“Many others are out there. Like a He-man and Dark Magician.” Zidane said picking up his glass.

“So how does this ‘Token’ work.” Rainbow asked.

“You take an item that represents you and toss it into the void.” Zidane said

“I see…” Laguna said, he was cut off by a big earthquake. “What was that?”

Maud rushed over to the trio. “Pinkie seemed to of found her herself in trouble. Who's he?” She asked.

“A friend. Now what did she do?” Laguna ask

“She fell in a dug out hole that appeared under her. It seems this town has been having Antlion problems.” Maud said in the most alarming tone she can muster.

“I guess they are not only staying in the mines then? Zidane do you mind helping us?” Laguna asked the other human in the room.

“I guess I can. It's not like I had anything else going on.” Zidane said with a shrug.

“Great. Lead the way Maud.” With a nod, Rainbow rushed back to the room to pick up her bag.

In the centre of town lay a large gaping hole that had not been there when they arrived. Many of the towns ponies had begun circling it. “Stand back, we are from Celestia’s army and are here to investigate this.” Maud said causing them to move a side.

“About time this has been going on for weeks now.” The seemingly only unicorn in town said.

“Look we have been busy up north with Sombra so cut us some slack.” Rainbow said

“Look we're here now so let the professionals handle this.” Zidane said getting in between the unicorn and Rainbow.

“Yes well, we have been doing just fine without any help. It's just been me and a couple of ponies that did not get called into war.” The unicorn who had a gray coat and red mane said as a about two other ponies, one of them was a mint green Pegasus mare and the other was a black coated earth pony stallion came to his side.

“We have been traveling for quite some time and we've never seen hairless or tall soldiers in any town that needed help.” The mare of the group said.

“Look, this war is not going to end itself. so can you please step aside. Our friend and my sister are down there.” Maud said

“Your guys are not going to play hero just to prove a point. Let's go.” The earth pony said as he ran to the gaping hole and slid down with the rest of his group following.

“Well, commander what’ the order?” Zidane said putting his hands behind his head and crossing his legs.

“First off, I'm not the commander.”

“Actually, Celestia put you in charge so, yes. You are.” Maud stated plainly.

“Fine, I don't see myself like one though. Anyway let's go after them.” Laguna said as he charge forward.

When he got to the bottom he saw many freshly made tunnels. “So we're did those three go?” Laguna thought to himself out loud.

Not paying attention, Rainbow fell on top of him. “Sorry chief.” She said getting off of him and standing to the side. Brushing himself off, Laguna did the same so the others wouldn't fall on him as will.

Maud was next to slide down and she did so without falling on her face. “Interesting rock formation, most of those are from farther down.” She said picking up a rock.

Zidane came down and landed safely on his knees. “So we're did they go?” He asked getting up.

Laguna looked around to see if they left them selves a trail back.

With a blink of an eye an Antlion popped its head out and spat a glob of what looked like sand at Laguna, he ducked, dodging the attack.

“I got this.” Zidane said summoning daggers, he jumped in the air and slashed the Antlion in the face causing it to retreat back down in its hole.

“After it, it's going to alert the others!” Rainbow shouted as the Antlion dug its way down a corridor.

They followed it the best the could in the darkened caverns, with some light coming from holes above. The Antlion lead them to a room.

Down below the trio from before was having a hard time fighting their own Antlions. “I think we should retreat.” The pegasus said.

“No, we can handle this Lightning.” The unicorn said as he fought off an Antlion from eating his face.

Shaking his head Laguna took aim and shot the monster off the unicorns. “You're welcome.” He said as he and the others slid down.

“We could of handled that.” The earth pony said as he bucked an antlion making it hit the wall.

“Have you seen a pink pony anywhere?” Maud asked as she slammed her hoof down causing a spike to jettison upwards.

“No, we’ve been busy.” Lightning said slashing an Antlion causing it to cry out.

The ground started to shake violently. “This can’t be good.” Zidane said

On cue, a massive antlion popped its head and screeched at the group. “That must be their queen.” Maud said as everyone grouped up.

“Any ideas on what to do now, Abyssal?” Lightning asked as she turned to face the unicorn.

“We fight our way out.” Abyssal said as he readied his sword.