• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 1,509 Views, 45 Comments

New Beginnings - Saro0fdemonz



Again the peace of Equestria is shattered, but it will require the work of new heros to save the day

  • ...
4
 45
 1,509

The Power of Friendship

"AMETHYST!" Piper screamed, the Kirin turned in time to spot the creature looming behind him and froze in fear, his eyes wide. Piper rushed toward the creature, determined to stop it before it took his friend. All the stories he had heard had told him these creatures ATE hearts. While Amethyst was somewhat of a jerk to him, nopony deserved anything like that. He leapt toward the heartless, knowing he was too far away to stop it before it attacked. To his surprise the cloaked figure came flying around a corner, hind hoof first and drove said hoof into the creatures head, sending it crashing through a wall.

"MOVE!" the figure yelled at them, drawing a hoof blade and leaping over the pitch black spiked tail that swung at him.

"GO PIPER!" The figure yelled again, slicing off the tail and leaping at the heartless with a powerful flap of his wings. Piper nodded, grabbing hold of Amethyst and dragging him along, Emerald quick to help him. Nova however stared at the heartless with wide eyes, not out of fear, but out of curiosity. She chased after the cloaked figure and the heartless.

"NOVA!" Emerald called out, but the mare would not be stopped. She had only heard stories of these creatures and she needed to know more about them. The cloaked figure spotted her, the heartless swinging its claws at her. Nova shrieked and the figure reacted, stepping between the Alicorn and the claw, gasping as it pierced his back. The group stared in shock as the heartless lifted the impaled pegasus and roared. The color drained from Nova's face and tears stung her eyes.

i...it killed him...n-no...i-its my fault...He got hit because of me... Nova was pulled out of her guilt trip as the pegasus coughed.

"Buck that hurts..." he groaned, flaring his wings and slicing through the claw in his back. He stumbled a bit, the claw melting away in a burst of flames on his back. He panted and turned to the beast once more.

"Princess Nova, you have to go with your friends and get your mother and Aunt out of Discords grasp." the figure slid backwards, his eyes glowing an icy blue as spikes of ice slammed into the heartless from all angles, pinning it to the ground.

He stumbled towards it and slammed his hoof through the crest on its chest, the heartless screaming before fading away, a large multicolored heart floating into the air and vanishing. Piper set Amethyst down and rushed to the pegasus as he collapsed. The Kirin at this point had shaken himself of his fear and was still getting his bearings, Emerald tending to him and worrying about Nova. The others had made their way back, realizing in their hurry that they had gone on without their friends. Piper reached a hoof out toward the figure

"Don't. touch. me." the figure said slowly. Piper glared at him.

"You'll bleed to death if someone doesn't do something to help." Nova said softly before Piper could argue. Piper had questions but Nova didn't seem to notice, pushing past him and closing her eyes as her horn glowed dimly. The pegasus closed his eyes as Nova's magic coursed its way through him. The Alicorn gasped, stepping back a bit, her mouth open in shock. The figure stood, shaking himself of the sparks still dancing across his coat.

"See? Now go Princess." the figure smiled faintly, his face still hidden by the hood of his cloak. Nova bit her lip.

"But...what about you?" She asked softly.

"Don't worry about me. Emerald and the others need you right now. I'll see ya around." the figure faded away, leaving Nova and Piper standing there, the others crowding around them and the wreckage of the area left from the battle.

"Come on you guys, we don't have time to be standing around!" Dinky said, rushing them down the hall as more heartless poured into the hallway, an unseen hoofblade cutting through them as the group ran for the massive doors at the end of the hall.

They burst through, slamming the doors shut behind them. Dinky's device whirring quietly as she ran it over the door, a loud CLICK echoing throughout the room.

"There, that should hold them for a while." The unicorn turned, spotting Celestia and Luna chained to a floating throne. The god of chaos himself grinned at them, a dark look in his eyes.

"Welcome to my castle."


"CHARGE!" Shining Armor roared, leading his soldiers into battle against Discords twisted creations. Fluttershy and Zecora kept the beast tame, using it to slam against the massive double doors leading into the Throne Room where the embodiment of chaos had to be. Rainbow Dash roared, rolling through the air and slamming into one of the creatures, wrapping her forehooves around its neck and spinning, throwing it into a group marching towards them, horns locking against another and cutting into one another as the beasts collided and rolled into one another.

"Hows the door coming Shy!?" Rainbow called out, throwing another and then another. It seemed to never end, for every group she impaled on one another, there was always more to replace it. It wouldn't end until they had stopped Discord. They didn't have the Elements, but that wasn't going to stop them from saving their friends.

"Just a bit longer!" Fluttershy called out, urging the beast on. The group gasped, everypony pausing as a tall Alicorn appeared, Keyblades flashing and slicing through the hordes of Discords creatures, making easy work of them.

"We will hold them back! Get the door open!" the figures voice echoed, overlapping itself. Rarity stared, tears in her eyes.

"Sweetie Belle?!" the Alicorn nodded.

"Hey don't forget about us!" two voices echoed over one another.

"Apple Bloom! Scootaloo! you guys are okay!" Rainbow cheered

"We are for now, but we have to keep focused. We haven't done this in so long, its hard to keep it together."

"Do you think you can use your magic to get us inside?" Rainbow asked, flinging another one of Discords twisted creations, it resembled a giant squirrel with goat horns, a lizards head, and a snakes tail. Instead of paws it had claws and hooves, and had the eyes of a dragon. More and more of these beasts continued to march towards them, surrounding them.

"No, Discord's magic is blocking us from getting back inside. We are not sure how we managed to make it this far." Another creature fell to one of the floating blades and the Alicorn spun.

"But there may be a way for us to get all of you inside. But we cannot do it now. We must retreat for now."

"I CAN'T! I've come too far! I won't leave without Twilight!" Shining Armor yelled, pulling his hoofblade free of a corpse.

"If you wish to have to chance to see her then you will at least retreat from the door for now. We cannot enter and Discord's magic is too strong for us in our weakened form. We must regroup and gather our strength."

"Scoot. AJ is in there. I can't just leave. I already ditched her once, I can't do it again." Rainbow spoke up

"We are sorry Rainbow, but there is nothing we can do."

"Maybe not, but there is something We can do" a voice called out. They spun, finding Nyx, Riku, Chrome Mist, The Doctor and Derpy. A magical aura surrounded the Alicorn Princess. Discords creatures bowing and freezing in place. Nyx's eyes glowed with a dark fury as she made her way through them.

"W-What?" Shining asked.

"No time for questions Captain, we've got Princess' to save." The Doctor said with a small grin. Nyx stood before the double doors, pressing her hoof against them for a moment and frowned.

"There is a barrier." she said, her voice echoing.

"It cannot be broken, yet." The aura attached itself to her mane, spreading out and clinging to each of Discords beasts who fainted in place. The Alicorn shook herself, leaning against Riku and holding her head. Shining Armor clenched his teeth and slammed a hoof into the door.

"TWILIGHT! CAN YOU HEAR ME!? JUST STAY CALM ALRIGHT?! I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU! I PROMISE!" He yelled through the doors, gathering his soldiers and retreating from the door. They wouldn't go too far, but for now, they could do nothing but wait.


"TWILIGHT!" a muffled voice shouted through the door

"I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU! I PROMISE!" The mentioned Alicorn smiled faintly, her eyes wide as realization set in.

No...not Shining...Not my brother! He can't be here! Discord will tear him apart...I have to do something! the frantic Alicorn looked all around her, checking every corner of the room, her eyes always stopping on the trapped Princess' and Discord. She hid a smile and began crunching numbers in her head, her eyes lingering on Discords barrier on the door, gauging just how powerful it was. Slowly a plan was coming together.


The worn out group stood together, facing the god of chaos with determined faces. Celestia, hidden in the darkness surrounding Discords throne, tried to step forward, tears in her eyes.

"You have to run!" she screamed, gasping as Discord pulled on the chain around her throat, pulling her back into the darkness around his throne.

"Oh Celestia, is that any way to treat our guests my dear daughter?" he asked of her.

"You are not our father!" Luna shrieked, pulling at the chains that held her.

"That hurts Lulu, it really does." he tugged on her chain, the younger sister screaming in pain as a jolt of lightning ran through her body before she collapsed.

"Luna!" Celestia cried, glued to the spot by her own chains. Piper stepped forward, followed by Amethyst and Dinky.

"Let them go Discord, and we won't have to shove your face through a wall." Piper said, surprising even himself. The god of chaos grinned.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" he asked. The doors behind them flung open, the cloaked figure walking inside. They turned, finding hearts drifting into the air and the pegasus panting a little as he walked past them.

"Emerald, the elements" The figure said softly, walking up past Piper. The kirin was confused for a moment before nodding, mumbling something to herself as she tried to think. The figure looked over at Luna, then at Celestia.

"Princess Celestia, your friends have come to rescue you." from the hall poured in Celestia's soldiers, Chrome Mist, and the Doctor. Celestia felt tears in her eyes as she looked at all of them.

"No...you can't be here...You all have to run! Its a trap!" she screamed, but it was too late. The massive double doors slammed shut, waking Luna in the process. The figure merely chuckled.

"We know Princess. But friends are always there for their friends, no matter the consequences." he turned back to the current holders of the Elements.

"Just look at what they all went through to come save you. What does that tell you Princess?" the figure asked. Celestia stood, turning her head toward Discord who raised an eyebrow. Celestia then looked to her sister, though they could not see the other, they both nodded, their chains beginning to glow as well as the Elements.

"Emy whats going on?!" Amethyst asked.

"I don't know! Its not me!" she said, the Element holders gasping as they floated into the air, the power of the elements surrounding them. Honeycrisp and the twins looked around in confusion as they too were lifted into the air in the center of their friends, the Elements power reaching to them and finally toward Celestia and Luna.

"What is this?!" Discord screamed angrily.

"Its the power of True Friendship. The power of your wife Harmony, the Power to set Equestria free. The Elements of Harmony!" The Doctor called out. Celestia and Luna's chains broke apart and they stepped forward into the light, surprising nearly everyone. Celestia stood taller than she had once before and now had a horn, while Luna was also taller and had wings. Their eyes glowed bright white as they stood before the floating Elements, staring down the god of chaos.

"You told us you had slaughtered all of our friends, told us none had survived, made us believe we were alone and kept us in the dark away from one another. But even through all that our bonds of friendship survived. It is through these bonds that we have kept strong and it is with these bonds that we will end this ONCE AND FOR ALL!" The royal sisters said together, the Elements glowing even brighter, their power exploding and slamming into the god of chaos where he stood. Slowly his body began to turn to stone.

The Draconequus chanted something, a bolt from the darkness flying forward, toward Celestia. Luna reacted first, pushing her Elder sister out of its path and screaming in agony as the bolt hit her. Discord smiled as the last of his body turned to stone, held in his prison for eternity.

Slowly the surrounding area began to change as well, it became brighter, plants springing back to life, the sun shining through the clouds of grey as they scattered in all directions. Celestia rushed to her sister, not noticing the Elements falling to the ground painfully behind her.

"Luna...no...Luna!" the younger Alicorn mumbled and opened her eyes slowly.

"T-Tia?" she said softly. Celestia breathed a sigh of relief, helping her sister to her hooves. They shared a hug and for a moment all was silent. Chrome Mist turned to his soldiers and grinned, lifting his hoof into the air.

"DISCORD HAS BEEN DEFEATED!" He cheered, the soldiers cheering with him. It was over, it was finally over.

"But what about mother and father?" Luna asked softly. Celestia turned to the Doctor who shook his head.

"I am sorry, but we could not find them. Only this." The Doctor placed a scroll on the ground in front of them. Luna lifted it in her magic, reading aloud.

Luna, Celestia. If you have found this letter, then all is well in the world. Your father and I are so proud of you two, though by now you have probably discovered we are not your true parents. But don't let that change anything. Even if I didn't give birth to either of you, I still cherished you as my two beautiful daughters and I always will. I'm sorry to tell you, but your father and I won't be returning. Luna paused here, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"W-We won't ever see them again..." Celestia hugged her sister and after a moment, Luna continued.

We have served our purpose in this world. Oh how we wish we could stay, there is so much I wanted to teach you Lulu and so much your father wanted you to learn Tia. But our lives are not made of wants and wishes. But know, that even though we can't be there with you right now, that we will always be with you in spirit. Love - Your mother and Father, we will always love you, in this life and the next.

Luna held the letter close to her chest, leaning against her sister. A loud roar behind them drew their attention to the doors which burst open once more, a cloud of darkness filling the entire hallway. The sisters gasped as a large key appeared in front of both of them. Celestia's was massive, a hollow sun surrounding the hilt, the blade pure white with flaring orange tips at the end; While Luna's was short, a crescent moon around the hilt and black vines snaking their way up the dark purple blade.

Both sisters felt drawn to the floating weapons, taking them in their magic. The bearers of the Elements stood, still feeling the power of Harmony's creation flowing through them.

"CHARGE!" Celestia called, leading the charge into the final battle against Discord and his Minions.