• Published 7th Mar 2018
  • 2,527 Views, 13 Comments

The Survivor - Chemtest



Nuclear tensions run high. And then are acted upon. But not all die, it is my task to survive and thrive in an unfamiliar environment.

  • ...
35
 13
 2,527

Lord

“For thine service to our fair nation of Equestria, including the reformation of Discord and the defeat of the one known as Plague, we doth declare thee citizen and Lord of Equestria.”

Celestia smiles, looking at the man kneeling before them, “Do you, Survivor, promise to uphold the will of your Princesses?”

He nods, “I do.”

Luna looks down at him, “Doth thou vow to put peace, Harmony, and the common good above all else, including thine own safety?”

He nods, “I do.”

Celestia nods, “Will you stand firm against the enemies of Equestria, no matter who they might be?”

He nods, “I will.”

Luna looks at him, “And will thou use thine power with responsibility?”

He nods, “I shall.”

Celestia taps her horn on each of his shoulders, “Then we proclaim you Lord Survivor of Equestria.”

Luna taps her horn the same, “And we doth bequeath upon you the Blackrock Desert that doth border Equestria and Griffonia, for thine use.”

He looks up, and rises, “Thank you, Princess Luna, and thank you, Princess Celestia.”

Celestia smiles, “I hope you aren’t afraid of speaking in front of crowds, Lord Survivor. Ponies have come from all over to listen to the one who redeemed Discord.”

He nods, “Don’t worry, I know what I’m going to say.”

Luna smiles as well, “We wish thee luck, Lord Survivor. Thou art the first Lord we hath given lordship to since our banishment.”

“Don’t worry, Princess Luna, I’ll make sure this doesn’t end in embarrassment.”

She nods, “We thank thee, and hope thou art correct.”

He turns to the nearby balcony, and steps out onto it.

The ground below him is filled with ponies and creatures of all different types. Griffons, Yaks, Minotaurs, even a few Dragons. They all look up at him, expectingly.

He looks down at the gathered crowds, putting his hands on the edge of the balcony. He takes a deep breath, and mutters, “Just think like a Lord.”

The crowd quiets down.

He looks at them once more, “Hello, everyone. Forgive me if I’m being a bit more casual than you expected, but I won’t keep this long. Firstly, I want to thank Princess Celestia and Luna for giving me this title. I am honored to have even be considered for becoming a Lord, much less actually becoming one. Secondly, I want to thank all of you for coming to hear me speak. Really, it means a lot to me. Now, onto what you’re all here for. What shall I do with my newfound Lord powers? Well, it’s rather simple. I shall work alongside Twilight Sparkle in order to create technology and bring knowledge to this nation and this world, such that it may help every creature live a better and more complete life.”

He pauses, looking down to see the crowd’s reaction.

He takes a deep breath, “Well, that’s all. Have a wonderful day.”

———

Plague growls at the much larger man in front of him, “Thou shalt assist us in getting our power back!”

The man looks down at Plague, “And why the fuck would I do that? I don’t give a shit about you.”

Plague pauses, “There shalt be blood, Khorn, gallons of it spilt by thine axe. Assist us, and thou shalt get the blood thy so want.”

Khorn smirks, “Blood? Really? That’s all? Sorry, but I don’t feel like doing the fucking legwork for you. You want help, ask somebody else. Otherwise, fuck off.”

Khorn walks off, and Plauge growls, punching the nearest object.

His fist crashes into the fleshy Tree of Destruction, getting blood over his gloves.

Leaning against the tree is an alicorn with a golden mane and crown, with rotting flesh and a golden necklace around his neck.

The alicorn laughs haughtily, “As I expected, Khorn is far from a team player.”

Plague turns to look at him, “Art thou a team player, then?”

He shakes his head, “Not for you, I’m not. Your previous form was made of rats, and rats are a problem for lesser creatures than I.”

Another alicorn trots over, towering over the rotting alicorn, and even being a bit taller than Plague, “You speak as if you are royalty, Blueblood, and not just a foal wearing a stolen crown.”

Blueblood scoffs, “As if you’re one to speak, Ordirus. You were beaten by a drunk alien in a pony’s body.”

Ordirus stares down Blueblood, “Harmonikus is a better king than you ever will be, Blueblood.”

Plague steps forward, “Ordirus, wouldst thou help me?”

Ordirus looks over at him, “No. You killed your version of me, and thus I will not help you.”

Plague shakes his head, and walks away from the Tree of Destruction. Standing in the dark of the Void, he sees two glowing red eyes.

The eyes look at him, unblinking, as the sound of odd breathing fills the air.

Keeeee...sssseeeeerrrrr

Plague looks into the eyes, “Please, we beg thee, we need thine help. We doth not know thine name, nor thine power, but we request assistance. What is thine name?”

Keeeee...sssseeeeerrrrr

Plague nods, “Emperor Keeser, we ask for thine assistance. We art Plague, Lord of Sickness. Thou art the only one left for us to go to. We seek revenge.”

The eyes stare at Plague, and the darkness somehow intensify around them.

Keeeee...sssseeeeerrrrr