• Published 6th Mar 2018
  • 808 Views, 7 Comments

Pony POV Series: Three Divine Comedies - Alex Warlorn



A trio of short stories that range from ironic, to wistful, to silly, featuring Discord and Celestia's extended families.

  • ...
2
 7
 808

The Last Night (Spoilers For Rumors Arc AND Dark World Season)

The Last Night

By Ardashir, Kendell2, ItsFromPeople and Alex Warlorn, edited by endrel1110.

This is an imaginary story, but aren't they all? Option canon. Choose if its canon or not.
This is the last night, the stars have all faded away, quiet upon the world.


In the between time of Apple Bloom rewriting the universe, Princess Celestia had a surprise encounter.

"Galaxia! It's wonderful to see you again! I was worried when Discord destroyed your body... It's... what... what happened to you?" Celestia's lip covered as she brought a hoof to her mouth.

"Ungoliant happened..." Galaxia's front left leg was now missing, replaced by a constellation-like construct.

If Azurhorse could feel pride, He might have for Ungoliant, she didn't care about good or evil. While the rest of her kind sought to fill the void within by corrupting mortal creatures into beings that could relate to themselves, Ungoliant sough to fill it the old fashioned way.

"I managed to keep her at bay ... at a cost," Galaxia remarked.

Celestia shuddered, seeing her sister after so long, the one who had helped guide Luna in her growth, the sister who Celestia had thought was gone leaving, Luna and Celestia the last of their kind... She saw her alive, but maimed. Celestia swallowed, and fell into the comforting motherly tone she'd practiced and honed for two thousand years.

"If the foals or Flash Sentry's friends had met her, their only sane option would have been to run and keep running until something else attracted her hunger. Thank you Galaxia."

The sisters nuzzled. Galaxia looked at her replacement leg with a sigh. "Ungoliant's wanted to eat me since we came into existence... she finally partially succeeded."

Maybe Just Before The Dawn Of Time

In the most fundamental, most vague, most ballpark description, it could have been called a playpen, or maybe a daycare center, or a cosmic public park. It was a place where the infant concepts of the next universe began interacting with each other.

Cadenza loved watching Morning Star make the universe's most perfect sand castles.
Destruction would knock them down and say sadly, "Sorry!"

Luna and Celestia were playing keep away with each other with the same ball that resembled a planet. Puerilis just like being able to make Pensilis laugh.

Baby Galaxia, in her constellation patterned diapers, on all fours (okay, to the perception of ponies who'd see her as a foal this wasn't indication of age), crawled around, leaving a trail of stars, of herself, in her wake.

Then she saw a spiderling giant. It was gobbling up her trail of stars. Galaxia gave a happy giggle and crawled up the giant spiderling that was two to three times her size. Galaxia looked at it with big round innocent eyes. It looked at her with no feeling but hunger. She offered more bits of stars, more of herself to the giant spiderling, who gobbled them up, making Galaxia giggle more. She leaned in to get a closer look at her new friend. Maybe she could see where the stars went? Meanwhile Ungoliant's jaws reared up, and spread wide, closing in around the oblivious baby goddess. The jaws clamped down at the tasty source of light.

Fauna Luster snatched her baby away in the nick of time, the snapping of empty jaws was audible. Galaxia gasped in shock, and began to tear up.

"There there dear, you're okay," Fauna Luster patted her.

Entropy (who'd have looked like Maud Pie without her dress) smacked the giant spiderling with a rolled up newspaper (with words and text upon it that would have driven any mortal mad with their scope), picked Ungoliant up, and carried her over to Azerhorse, placed her besides him.

"This is why I didn't marry you."

Azerhorse of course didn't notice or care.


Celestia hugged Galaxia, as tightly as she could.

"I remember when she tried to eat one of Tiamat's head, heh the Inferno Named Ocean showed why spiders and flame don't mix." Galaxia knew it was wrong, but couldn't help smile at the disaster that had befallen her hunter that day. Ungoliant had come under the pretense that she was like Tiamat, the goddess-queen of arachnids the way Tiamat was of dragons. There was no way to know for sure, but Galaxia herself felt that the spider shape was for show, and Ungoliant was really just hunger itself.
"But she didn't get all of you, and she won't." Celestia said firmly.

"Actually, I'm starting to think it's my destiny to be eaten by her after the stars begin to burn out, and this universe becomes part of Entropy. I thought she was dead after the war, I never felt her presence when I was alive with you and Luna... but... once Discord banished me, she came scurrying."

Ungoliant made 'sounds' that could have been words, not that any pony in existence would have understood what they meant before covering their ears screaming. "Do not run from me Galaxia, it is fate that I devour you, the stars will fade from the sky and be consumed by the darkness as the universe ages to dust. You were always destined for my belly."

"Well maybe not always," Celestia interrupted the flashback, "the Truth once showed me a vision of a certain Changeling Queen fighting Ungoliant for the title of Unknown Horror of Hunger."

Galaxia shuddered at the thought, Chrysalis was born from Candenza's empty shell, the idea of that being the monster that was destined to consume her, she almost welcomed the idea of Ungoliant doing it.

Celestia and Galaxia were surprised when Rota ‘walked’ in on their little conversation, deciding to bring some words to calm her sister’s nerves. Rota looked at Galaxia's now missing leg, Rota felt her pain, how could she not? Her mechanical wing unconsciously clicked.

"Rota!"

"Nice to see you again too Celestia," Rota remarked, "Or rather, personally... in this moment of possibilities. This you on this road has been a good pony."

"Thank you Rota," Celestia said with a smile.

Fate looked upon the stars, "Galaxia, while it is true that your stars are destined to be swallowed by the void, so will Ungoliant, she will swallow herself after Entropy has consumed this universe's corpse, and that energy can be used to create the next universe. Or perhaps she will be slain by one of our brothers (except Mortis, he can't harm her) after eating you, and you shall arise whole from her stomach. Either is possible. But whatever case, I won't ask you not to fear her, but do not despair before her.”

"You never told me this before Rota."

"Before, all roads of me telling you led to you swearing that I must have missed something, that there would be a way for the stars to endure truly forever... now you're ready to accept the truth, and that truth is the key to the gate that guards the road to your freedom."

Rota’s words appeased her sister, Galaxia walked off, her nerves calmed down a little, and the pain in her foreleg a little less, Celestia on the other hoof was a little taken back by Rota’s first prediction, “Eaten up so her consumer will eat herself to create the next universe? It’s still quite a cruel fate, uh, no offense, Rota."

Rota replied to Celestia, "None taken Celestia. Not all fates can be pleasant just as not all deaths can be peaceful. But even if the event itself is unavoidable, how we are willing to face our destiny can greatly change how it plays out for you and everyone else. Galaxia's sacrifice saved many. From it there were born many new choices, many new chances, one of them might even save her."


+++++++


In The Dark (Light) World Timeline:

(65,998 Years After Nightmare Moon's Purification)

Rarity Belle, better known to all as the concept of the mortal world, Queen Libra the Alicorn, played a game of ancient 2-D Chess with Entropy's avatar, which bore a very strong resemblance to Pinkie Pie's departed sister Maud Pie.

The two played in the sealed chamber of Second Neo Canterlot Castle, the gigantic floating holding embassies with the ambassadors of the Zaxon, Maci, Radaptors, Imperials, Mekhanists and many other species.

But Queen Libra could also sense what was coming. Princess Celestia's dreams had learned her and in turn had warned Queen Libra. Metal spheres the size of planets bearing equine skulls the size of continents, The Earth Bound Kings.

But weather the Earth Bound Kings destined to come from another galaxy after completely consuming it in one million years... or in a billion years from another universe to escape its heat death? Apparently either was possible, or both. Though it was also possible they were supposed to come a thousand years after Nightmare Moon was purified, but events had changed somehow... Rarity wondered if Nightmare Eclipse had something to do with it if that were true.



"You have more inevitably concerns, than cowards fleeing from my shadow." Entropy's Avatar said cornering Queen Libra's Queen, “Equus has under a billion years left before Celestia's sun increases in size to where your oceans start to boil. You won't last to the 4 billion years where it gets so large it consumes the planet."

"Guess we best pack our terraforming kits for Mares then. Or we could build rocket boosters to move Equus to safety, but I don’t think that would save Celestia, and I don’t think anyone on this planet would like it when we eventually needed to move to the resulting white dwarf’s habitable zone."

"When this sun dies, Celestia will die with it, she was bound to it when her mortal vessel was born. And no, I don’t think they would, Equus would be close enough to be tidally locked, and thus everycreature would be forced to move to its Twilight Zone."

"That would cause a lot of problems, as for Celestia, even if she can't be with me in person at the end, I know Spike will endure till the end of time on this plane of reality to be with me."

Entropy put Libra into checkmate, and said to Queen Libra, Concept of the Mortal World, "It's your destiny to be assimilated by me you know. Every mortal universe when it meets its end of old age is absorbed into me."

Queen Libra, Rarity Belle, nodded and let Entropy put her final action on her, "I know, Anti-Mother of All Things...But my light returns to Fauna Luster to be reborn as the core of the next world. Just as when I ascended I merged with the Light of the previous one...In a way I'm one of the only things that never truly ends..."

Entropy's outward expression didn't change, "Hard to tell which fate is worse?"

"I honestly consider being eternal in such a way amazing. Besides, I've still got billions of years before that happens, I'm too young to think of old age, I'm not even a trillion yet."

Libra then used her telekinesis to put the old game away, and waved good-bye to the avatar of her brother’s mother-in-law, while she herself had to get ready for a meeting with the ambassadors that were assembled.

Author's Notes: Scientists believe the universe will live to be 100 trillion.

Author's Note:

The Last Night

Two tales about the end of the universe and how Princess Celestia's extended family in the Pony POV Series universe deals with it.

By Ardashir, Kendell2, ItsFromPeople and Alex Warlorn, edited by endrel1110.

Ungoliant copyright Tolkien.
My Little Pony Copyright Hasbro