• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 2,223 Views, 26 Comments

Harry Potter: Equestria - Tailspin333



Harry Potter in Equestria by non-magica means

  • ...
5
 26
 2,223

Chapter 6

It has been a few weeks after Nightmare Night and Harry has been settling down and getting used to the general insanity you would find in Ponyville like the events of the mysterious Mare do Well which he figured out what was going on and had a small laugh about it. He had also gotten close to some of the ponies living in town like Applejack, Twilight, and a few others. He didn't tell them anymore of his past but he could tell they were interested in it but are waiting for him to tell.

Harry was in his home reading more about the new world he is in. He was reading about dragons to see any differences between the ones in his old world and the new one he now lives in. He was reading of the greed growth when he heard the sounds of people screaming. He went outside and saw what looked like a large version of Spike. 'Oh you have to be kidding with me. The odds of this.' Harry thought as he knew what was going on because he was just reading about it. He grabbed his wand and cloak and ran to town.

He soon came up to the town and put on the cloak. 'I really don't want to have to do this but Spike will cause a lot of damage if this keeps up.' Harry thought as he looked for Spike. One thing he is glad for is that Spike doesn't have the same amount of magic resistance as the dragons of the wizarding world. He saw Spike and casted Stupefy and it hit Spike causing him to stop before shaking his head and looking around. 'Ah crap.' Harry thought as he casted it twice which then knocked Spike out. 'So he does but not as much when he under goes Greed Growth.' Harry thought to himself as he removed the cloak and hid his wand.

He watched as Spike returned to his normal size and ponies came up to the two. Twilight and her friends ran up to him. "Are you two alright?" She asked him.

I'm ok. I heard so ponies screaming only to see Spike under going Greed Growth from my home and came over to see if I could help put even if it was getting people out of the way." He told her.

"Greed Growth? What is that?" She asked him as ponies near them listened.

"From what I read young dragons under go Greed Growth if they get too many items for themselves and are not disciplined when they demand for more items. It sets off their hording instincts and causes them to get want ever they want regardless of with it belonged to while causing them to grow larger in size. Older dragons can be affected by it but that rare." He explained to her. "It was in a book about dragons that I took out from the library. I can give it back for you to look at if you want." He told her.

"Yes please. I will want to look it over for anything I had missed or forgotten about when I read up on dragons went I first got Spike." She told Harry. "Still do you know what knocked him out?" Twilight asked him. Harry shook his head no. Then Spike was seen waking up.

"Ow." He said as he got up. Twilight walked up to him as he looked around. "Um what happened?" He asked as he saw everypony around him. Twilight explained what happened to him. "Oh. Sorry everypony um I'm willing to help fix things if needed." He told everypony around him.

Harry watched as Twilight pulled out a scroll and wrote down some of the things some ponies would like Spike to do to make up for the trouble he caused to them. After that was done. "Hey does anyone know what stopped me?" He asked Twilight.

"No we just found you and Harry here and Harry said he doesn't know." Twilight told him. "Do you?" She asked him.

"All I right was bits of what happened from what you told me but from what I can tell was some kind of red light appeared three times towards me. A spell of some kind I guess?" Spike told her with a shrug of his shoulders.

Harry headed back to his home has he thought of want happened. 'sigh. This place is one big trouble magnet.' He thought as he entered his home and grabbed the book he was reading. He also picked up the other books he was done with. He made his way back to the library carrying the books. He entered the library and saw Twilight writing a letter. "Hey, here it is." He told her giving her the book. "Brought back the ones I was finished with as well." He told her. She nodded her thanks as Harry went to get a couple more books to read.

A few minutes as passed before Twilight spoke up. "Hey Harry. Did humans use magic? Well in the past?" She asked him.

Harry froze for a minute before calming down. "We have legends and stories of people who could use magic in the medieval times. The most famous person said to be able to use magic was Merlin. You can put him at where you would put Star Swirl the Bearded." He told her. Twilight nodded as she wrote down what he said. Harry continued to tell her about it before she asked him why aren't any. "Word of warning, your not going to like what you will hear next." He told her. "Eventually things changed. The Church used the power they had gained for people who worshiped Christianity to stamp out the idea of magic being good claiming it was the work of the devil and those who use it are evil. It set off the witch trails in where if someone is to believed to be able to use magic they will be tried by drowning, burned at stake, and a few other ways. In those like drowning if they survive they are a witch and if not then oops our bad." He told her with a shake of his head. "They even killed children if it was thought they have magic. If there are any true magic users left, they are dead or in hiding using magic to do so. It hadn't been done for centuries and not everyone these days agreed with it now." He told her. Twilight looked at him in horror. Harry left the library a minute later after checking out a couple of books.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several weeks later

Harry sat in his home as he thought of what happened before the hunt as he looked at the date. 12/24 Christmas eve. It was snowing outside lightly. Harry thought back to the only time he knew was a true Christmas eve was during the Christmas break of his fifth year when he was able to spend it with Sirius be for he fell into the veil seven years ago. He smiled as he remembered what Sirius did. He sat in front of the fireplace as he watched the flames. He pulled out the shard of the commutation mirror he was given by Sirius and looked at it. Every now and then he saw something flash on it before it disappeared. He put it away in a drawer and headed up to his room to go to sleep.

Dream: Five years ago

Harry was walking down a hallway having gotten out of the medical wing after his fight with Voldemort to check for injures and had recovered his cloak. He was looking for Ron and Hermine wondering where they had gone when he heard them speaking to some of the Order members.

"What do you mean you hadn't been able to feed him the love potion!" He hear Ginny near shouting at the two.

"He always the one who got up first before us and he was the one who knew how to cook. Me and Ron didn't know he could and before we knew it he was the one doing it every time we ate. We couldn't even try to stun him for he always keep a eye on us in case one of us got imperioed." Hermine told Ginny. Harry listened as he hear plans to try to get him to drink and love potion and get some control over him not believing what he is hearing but can tell they weren't joking. He quickly and quietly moved away from the door glad he had his trunk in pocket and he knew now to make a portkey. He made one and headed to Diagon alley and headed to the bank. He collected his gold and after getting a few books on spells and runes headed out to London.

Three years later

"Expelliarmus!" Harry called out as he ran through the woods dodging spell fire. "Impedimenta." He said hitting Ron slowing him down.

"Come on! Harry just give it up and come back with us!" Kingsley called out.

"Fuck you!" He said as he jumped over a fallen tree and rolled under a Stupefy. Harry ran for several more minutes before he came upon a cliff. "Shit!" He cursed yet grinned inside for he knew he will be able to throw them off his trail. 'At least they don't know where I live but I'm going to have to keep a eye out after this and keep the cloak on me.' He thought as he turned around and faced his former friends.

"This is it Harry. no where to run anymore." Ginny told him as he looked at them. He grinned as he stepped back off the cliff before disapparating. He apparated to the restroom near his car and got the hell out of the dodge.

End Dream

Harry woke up. He looked around before calming down. 'Not that bad but not something I would like to remember.' He thought as he got up and got ready for the day after checking his clock and seeing it's six am. He made himself some breakfast before setting some tea to boil. He then headed out carrying gifts for Twilight and her friends he met in a pack. He walked around town dropping off gifts for the CMC and for the Mane Six before heading back up to his home.

A few of hours later near noon Harry heard someone knocking on the door. He walked over and opened it. He found Twilight and her friends along with the CMC in front of his door. "May we come in?" Twilight asked him. Harry nodded and let them into his home.

"So what brings you all here?" He asked them. They looked at each other before.

"We came here so you won't be alone today, no one should be on this day." Twilight explained to him.
"Yeah! No one should be alone on this day when they can spend it with others!" Pinkie said every cheerfully as she hopped around the room before landing on one of the couches.

"Plus we found and opened the gifts you dropped off for us." Twilight continued. "So we decided to do the same but also thank you." She told Harry as they pulled the gifts he hadn't noticed off there backs. They give the gifts to him before pulling out the ones he was gave to them. "We thought you would like to know how we thought of what you give to us." Twilight explained to him. He nodded in understanding.

They opened the gifts one at the time. Harry had gotten my things from the others like books from Twilight, some new clothes from Rarity, comics from Spike, and other items. Harry's gifts to them where mostly mundane but he did dip into magical items that he can easily explain. Twilight got books on history of humans. Rarity he give Acromantula silk saying it was silk from silk worms. Rainbow Dash got a pair of goggles enchanted to keep water from staying on the lenses when the wearer is moving. Pinkie got a cookbook for several types of baked goods for her to learn how to make (and not so he can get some tentacle tarts.). Applejack got seeds of a few different types of apples from the human world and a book on how to make juice from the apples. Fluttershy was given books on animal care and how to treat injures or diseases. For the CMC he got books on hobbies for them to try out (And to try and cut down the amount of trouble they could get into.).

They spoke and talked through out the day telling stories and what not before it was near sunset. Harry give his thanks to them as they left. He sat down on a chair and thought back to the day. He was really glad to have come to this world, for things are much better than it has been his whole life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a couple of months after Christmas. Harry had ended up watching some of the things he saw happened but really didn't do much. But for a couple of things like when those two ponies tried to force the Apples off their farm he did do a couple of things. Like casting mild Confundus spells on the two slowing them down slightly and helping the Apples as they worked. He was surprised to see how quickly the CMC went through the books he give them. It did keep them out of trouble for a couple of weeks at least.

Harry is packing up a few clothes for a trip to Canterlot. He has been invited by Twilight and her friends to join them as they go up to the city for a wedding. He had thought about and decided why not, beside the last one he been to had been interrupted so he didn't see the harm of it. He did however pack his wand, sword, and cloak for he had a feeling something will happen. He checked to make sure he had everything and then left his home heading to the train station.

Author's Note:

So nearing the end of season two. Sorry if it seems short. I couldn't figure out now to change them all that much for most episode not that he would had done much change to them. The wedding however well.... we'll see what happens.