• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 2,223 Views, 26 Comments

Harry Potter: Equestria - Tailspin333



Harry Potter in Equestria by non-magica means

  • ...
5
 26
 2,223

Chapter 4

Harry woke up the next morning noticing that again he had a good night's sleep. 'That's odd but I'll take it. Better than waking up in the middle of the night or a couple of hours early and not going back to sleep.' He thought to himself. He got out of bed and after getting dressed left the house. He was making his way to the village to look for a job even if it a part time one when he noticed something odd in the sky. 'Is that a pink cloud?' He thought to himself as he watched it pass by. He was going to head in and ask about it when his felt someone appear behind him causing him to roll to the right ready to draw his wand.

"So you're a human." He heard as he saw the oddest creature he had seen before. It was a mix of animals with a lion's paw on his right, a birds arm and foot for a left hand, a goat's head, and dragon's right and a pony's left feet, a odd pair of wings and antlers.

"What the bloody hell are you?" He asked it.

"What am I? I'm a Draconequus. The name's Discord by the way." It-He said with as a banner with his name appeared behind him. Harry looked in shock for a minute before calming himself down. He was about to ask why Discord was there when. "Well I seen what a human looks like so time for some more Chaos, See you later!" Discord told Harry as he disappeared.

Harry just looked at were Discord was and shook his head. "Not even going to think about it." He told himself before looking around and seeing a couple of things Discord did. He decided to use Finite Incantatem on one of the things Discord did. "Finite Incantatem" He said as he cast it on a cardboard cut out of a house after checking to see if there was anyone nearby. it returned to normal. 'Well it works.' He thought to himself as he went deep into town. He did a few more Finite Incantatems on several things that would had hurt someone without Ponies seeing it was him who did it.

He quickly left the town after getting some food for himself and returned to his home and put away the food in the fridge. He was thinking of going back to town when he saw a rainbow colored blast wave heading towards him and before he could do anything it went pass him. He looked around and noticed some of the things he saw Discord did returned to what they were before. He moved into town and looked around. He found Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and three others who he remembered as Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity with a Discord looking Statue in front of them.

He as walked up to them Applejack Saw him out of the corner of her eye. "Hey Harry! Are you alright? Discord didn't do anything to you?" She asked him hoping Discord didn't do anything to him causing the other five turn to him.

Harry shook his head. "No, he appeared to me but was more focused on seeing what a human looked like before something caused him to leave. I just went a grabbed the food I needed and got home quickly." He told them leaving out what he did with his magic.

"Well that's good to hear. Well you don't have to worry about him again now." Applejack told him as she wave a hand at the statue.

"Wait that's him?!" Harry ask in surprise looking at the statue-Discord.

"Yep that's him. Like he should had been." Applejack replied.

The other five ponies came closer and Twilight spoke up. "If you're are wondering how it's because of the Elements of Harmony." She told him. She explained what they are and how the six got them and of Nightmare Moon.

'I would find this to be very odd but different world different rules of magic.' Harry thought to himself. "Well that's good to hear." Harry told them. He left the area to return home and to search for a job tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The few days later.

Harry had after Discord was turned back into stone decided to learn more about the land he now lives in. He learned of the other races that live in this world and of the monsters that live in it. He also focused on legends and during the process learned that Princess Luna is the Guardian of Dreams. considering the fact he hadn't had anymore nightmares since coming to Equestria she must have been stopping them. He decided to send a letter to her giving her his thanks. He learned of the Crystal Empire, Tirek, and several others who could cause a great deal of trouble. He didn't want to use his magic in sight of the ponies but he will if he is left with no choice but to use it. He also learned of the norms of Pony society and that there is more mares than Stallions in a 8 to 1 ratio so harems or herds are allowed and their is no limit to the number of mares in a herd.

Harry was eating breakfast when he heard a knocking on the door. "Hold on a minute." He called out. He walked up to the door and opened it. He saw Twilight in front of the door. "Hello Twilight how are you?" He asks her.

"I'm fine but is there anything you need help with?" She asks him. Harry thought about it.

"No. I can't say if I do." He tells her. She deflates a bit before giving him a nod and leaving. Harry went back to his food and finished eating. 'Why do I get the feeling something's going to happen because of her.' Harry thought as he put the dishes in the sink. He locked the door and made his way to the Apple Family Farm. He had gotten a job there to help out with the farm if they need it so he checks in if he's not told to come back to help the next day before going about town. He was planning on meeting with Rarity to get a few more clothes if there is time for him to do so and have the letter he wrote sent to Princess Luna.

He left his home and made his way to the Apple Family Farm. A few minutes of walking has him entering the farm. He come up to the house and saw Applejack leaving it. "Hey AJ. Got anything that needs to be done today?" Harry asks her. Applejack thinks about it and replied with a no but in a week they will need the help. "Ok then, I'll be back in a week but if you need help with something then let me know and I'll help out." He tells her. He left the farm after saying "see you later." and headed back to the village.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry was about to make a turn to Rarity's Carousel Boutique when he heard the sound of many people running. He turned to look and saw a mob of ponies running after a flying doll. When he looked at it he felt a compulsion to get it and keep it from anyone else. Thankfully his Occlumency kept him from doing anything but it was a close call. He watched as the doll and mob pass by him seeing the ponies in the mob having hearts in their eyes. 'I don't want to know why this is happening but may as well put a end to it.' Harry thought to himself as he followed the mob.

Harry followed them but it soon appeared to him he would need to do something to get ahead of the mob to remove the spell on the doll. He enters a alley and after checking to find no one in it or looking in he then Disapparate from the alley and appeared near his home and moved towards the village and saw the mob following the doll. He aimed his wand at it before casting "Finite Incantatem." The spell missed and hit one of the ponies who wasn't affected by the spell. 'considering it targets the mind, I'm not surprised.' He thought as he tried a few more times and still missed it. He kept it up for a few more minutes before giving up on it, The blasted doll kept moving out of the way of the spell and it didn't work on the ponies.

Harry saw Rainbow Dash and Rarity watching the mob from a distance and joined them after removing his cloak and putting both it and his wand away. "What is going on here?" He asked them.

"Twilight went a little crazy trying to find something to write a friendship report about for the week and casted a spell on the doll. However as you can see it got out of hand." Rarity told him.

"Well that's just bloody great. And it looks like most of the town got caught up in it." He told them.

"Indeed that is true." Rarity agreed with him as Rainbow Dash nodded. "Spike was with us a few minutes ago but left to write a letter to Princess Celestia and send it to her so she can came and put a end to this." She told him.
"And how can he get a letter sent to her that fast?" He asks them.

"Spike has the ability to use his fire breath to send letters to Princess Celestia quickly. It will take a few minutes at least for it to get to her but she can then come here quickly and undo all of this." Rarity told him.

Harry sighed before deciding to speak to Rarity about him getting new clothes for there isn't anything they can do. "This may be odd but sense there's nothing we can do about this I would like to speak to you about getting me some new clothes." Harry told Rarity. She thought about it and agreed so the two spoke of the clothes Harry would like and the price for it. In the end of it the two settled on a price as Rainbow looked at them before shaking her head at them.

It was about a hour later when Princess Celestia appeared in a teleport and after seeing the mob chasing after the doll casted a spell hitting it and it fell to the ground as the mob behind it stopped or ended up in a pile up of ponies. The three made their way to her as Twilight appeared. She soon turn to check on the ponies in the pile up as Twilight meet with her friends.

Harry made his way to Princess Celestia. "Your highness. It's a honor to meet you." He told her.

"Well hello. I didn't expect to meet one of your people here." Princess Celestia tells him. "What brings you here?" She asks him.

"I came to Equestria to live here a little over a week ago." He tells her.

"Indeed? Well then I formally welcome you to Equestria. You are the first of your people to come here to stay as a citizen. I hope your stay has been pleasant." She says to him.

"It has been nice here aside from Discord and this." Harry says as he wave a hand at the ponies leaving to head home. "It has been more pleasant living here than it was back at home." He tells her with a smile. "Speaking of which." He says as he pulled out the letter. "Please give this to your sister. It has my thanks for her." He tells her as he handed it to her.

"Your thanks? For what?" Princess Celestia asks him.

"For doing one of her jobs." He tells her. "I'm going to head home, going to need some rest after all this. Have a good evening your highness." He says as he left to return to his home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot night time.

Princess Celestia and her sister are eating dinner when Celestia decided to speak. "Sister, remember when I told you what happened early today at Ponyville?" She asks Luna who nodded. "I meet a human there who moved there in live in Equestria. He give me a letter for you." She tells her.

"A Letter? What for?" She asks her sister.

"He said for doing one of your jobs. I hadn't read to so lets do it together." Celestia tells her sister who agreed to. They opened the Letter which said.

"Dear Princess Luna

I write this letter to give you my thanks for dealing with my nightmares. They had been hunting me ever since I was young and had gotten worse as the years went by till they reached their peak thanks to some events that started when I was 11 and ended five years ago. During the last five years of my life were the worst for I could never get a full night's sleep always awaking in the early morning before dawn and was never able to get back to sleep after waking up. I won't speak of those events for now if you hadn't seen then in my dreams for I don't trust easily thanks for the last events before the beginning of those last five years of my life I have lived.

Sincerely,
Harry Potter"

"I would say he has something to hide but with the feelings he has when those nightmares happen I can't blame him. But if what he says is true the what kind of life he had? Was it truly that bad?" Luna asked her sister.

"I don't know he didn't seem troubled by anything but I believe we best keep a eye on those who come for the human world. I give a order for the guards and those who work at the portal hub to keep a eye on those who come through and if they say his name asking for him. I want to make sure that what ever happened to him doesn't continue. Plus you said there are feelings of betrayal, that means what caused those nightmares are still out there in the human world. He's now one of our subjects, I won't let them harm him anymore." Celestia told her sister who agreed with her.

Celestia wrote a letter and had it sent the the portal building quickly before heading to bed. Luna returned to the balcony of her personal chamber, sensing outwards for dreams and nightmares starting with Ponyville. "I may not know what happened to you but I will still help however I can." She speaks to herself as she found Harry's dream and stopped the nightmare.