• Published 27th Aug 2018
  • 1,439 Views, 24 Comments

Mother Knows Best - CrimsonRose97

  • ...
3
 24
 1,439

Part seven - What have I done?

Standing there in total disbelief, I couldn’t believe what I had just witnessed. Pain stricken in my chest, feeling sharp claws squeezing and crushing my heart.

Thump thump, thump thump.

The sounds of such rapidly drowned in my ears, legs shook, feeling like jelly once more.

Looking beyond scorched ground and burning cabin, the child had somehow gotten off the shelf and was on the ground, crying over what appeared to be a body lying in the blood soaked blanket of snow.

I didn’t want to believe it was really her. I didn’t want to look and see. These feelings swirled in my mind, emotions I haven’t felt in over a thousand years. What I have believed I had tarnished, came back to the limelight.

Following this metaphysical pull, it tugged me over to them. I had fought the pull and tried to command my body to stop moving but I had failed in doing so. My body had a mind of it’s own and it took me over to the child and the body.

Hope… I had warned her to run. In admists of the battle, I told her to run. To grab the infant and run.

A piece of my old self, the stallion who was once in love with her, who had fallen for her during the course of our childhood had re-emerged after all this time. The stallion I used to be, for that one moment, he came back.

I approached the body and froze. Everything, from sounds, smells, the feel of the wind faded into the background as one thing came to focus. The body laying on her side, limbs were twisted all the way around and bent at an awkward angle, blood from various places seeping into the snow.

My fears were realized right there…

It was Hope, lying motionless. Her chest ceased to move, eyes never fluttered by the sound of Umbré’s loud screams and cries. At the moment, the child didn’t even exist; all that it seems was Hope right in front of me.

Sombra, the deed is done, Mother’s voice echoed in my mind. I could feel her claws tapping on my metasoul. Wrapping her arms around my shoulders and given me a cold embrace. Grab the child and be done with this, my beautiful King.

Mother...Mother killed Hope. She had all this time to get the abomination herself instead of making me do this.

Oh Sombra! Sombra wake up sleepy head, you slept in, you silly goose!

I wouldn’t sleep in if you hadn’t kept snoring all night long.

I don’t snore!

Sombra, look what I got!

You...you got a letter from the Princesses of Canterlot?

YEAH!...but, but I don’t know if I should go. We can go together, we can start a new life here.

Hope, if the Princesses wanted me, I would’ve gotten the letter. You have potential and they see it. It would be unwise not to go.

I’m scared.

We’ll always be together Hope. Come hell or high water, we’ll get through this together.

I love you!

Heh, love you too.

Voices of Hope when we were children flashed before my eyes as I mindlessly stared at the body.

Memories flashed before me of our lives together, she and I were irresepartable, even when she went off to Canterlot to learn with the Alicorn Princesses, we never strayed apart.

One mistake ruined everything.One drastic mistake of my part changed both of our lives. Lead us down this dark path we were in now.

A path lead to blood and death of one.

Tears streamed down my eyes, a painful guilt overwhelmed me.

“What...what have I done..?”

Before I could react or respond to what happened, there was this loud scream, the sound blew out the flames and the snow around us. The blast of the sound threw me across the tundra, skitting along the ground.

What...What the actual fuck was that?!

Gathering up my senses, I looked up and gasped. It was Umbré.

And she was changing.

Author's Note:

I really, really am sorry for those who have been waiting for this update. This year has been really insane for me XD

First off, I started art commissions that have left me stray from writing. I originally intended this chapter to be a fight scene, but I very suck on choreographing a magic fight so that would be for the next chapter - hopefully it won't take me so F*#king long to update XD

Second, after getting my new tablet and laptop, I've also been working on a novel of my own and it's own comic adaption - ATM it's two pages. I will link the webtoon link in a blog when I get it publish.

Again, I am sorry for not updating this 6 months. Pwease forgive meh :fluttershysad:

I forgive you, Crimsy!

Thank you Pinkie. Please stop breaking into my laptop? I just bought this.

NEVER!! *glomps on cowbat*