• Published 27th Aug 2018
  • 1,437 Views, 24 Comments

Mother Knows Best - CrimsonRose97

  • ...
3
 24
 1,437

Part 8: All your fault

Umbré couldn't believe what she was seeing. Hope lying still in the snow, the cabin that was meant to be her new home was no more.

As young as the child was, she knew already what death was. She felt it the moment her mother and sibling passed away. This sickly, yucky thing occured while she was in the womb.

Hopey was supposed to be Umbré's mother. Hopey said she would take care of her.

As the child stood over the corpse, something brushed against her tiny hooves. The unicorn looked down and her tiny heart stopped.

It was the photograph of her and Hope at the Crystal Faire. Though the corners of the photo were burnt, she could still hear the voices…

She could still hear her…


While we're here, we should do some shopping….you do need some toys and a bed… though after last night, I don't mind the evening snuggles…


The only voice Umbré could hear was of Hope… her Hopey...

Umbré let out a scream, the sound was loud and powerful enough to kick the debris, the fire and snow away from her. The shockwave of the scream was even powerful enough to blow Sombra across the tundra.

A leash snapped from within the screaming child, purple mists seeped from the corners of her eyes, bones cracking and repairing itself, skin turning grotesque grey, long curved horn grew on her head, her tail and mane merged into flowing, flickering shadows. More horns grew along her spine and head, fangs grew longer and more noticeable. Her hooves turned cloven, dangerously sharp. Wings like a dragon grew out and extended, the same length and width as Flurry Heart’s massive wings.

The Demon has awakened.

When turning towards Sombra, she snarled. Eyes solid black, filled with rage and anger, she attacked.

Sombra was surprised that the child had changed, teleporting out of the way as the demon lunged at him. When reappearing not far from her, Umbré attacked again.

“H-hey, it’s not I who did this!” Sombra dodged again. When he threw up a shield so the child couldn’t get to him, the demon slipped through the shield like it was nothing and tackled him to the ground.

The child’s cloven hooves dug into his chest, causing Sombra to shout in pain. He threw her off of him with his magic, blood seeping from his chest, right where his heart was. the wound not closing. The area began darkening, black veins began to spread.

“Poisoned hooves...great.” Sombra gritted his teeth. Starting to sweat and breathing heavily. He just looked up just in time to see a burst of black fire shooting at him. He gasped and teleported out of the line of sight, appearing five hundred feet from where he was at.

The demon appeared where he was at, a beam shooting at him, blasting Sombra across the tundra. The power of the blast was able to send the ex-tyrant all the way to the Crystal Empire.

Sombra slammed against a building and fell to the ground.

His head spun when he tried to get up. Whatever poison the child had, it was spreading quick. He felt his whole body heated up, making him weak.

“Oh my Sweet Celestia, it’s King Sombra!!” The scream of a Crystal Pony echoed the Empire. “The Tyrant is back!!”


Ponies started screaming in panic that I was standing in front of them and took off running in fear.

How bloody hard is it to get that child? What’s taking so long? You better not be going against me, my son. Mother’s voice echoed in my already swimming head.

I snarled at her, this poison was strong enough to keep me down. I tried to use my magic again but it fizzled out. “Oh no…”

Sombra?

“Shut the hell up! This is all your fault!” I snapped at Mother before the child dropped from the sky and landed right in front of me.

The child’s horn lit up, charging what I thought was another energy blast. One powerful enough to potentially kill me.

Enough!!!

This voice cuts between us and a flash of white blinding light sent me screaming. Pain enveloped me before I vanished...

Author's Note:

I am so, so sorry for taking so long. I'm writing another chapter now so the wait won't be long now...

Again, I'm sorry. and sorry if it's a short fight.