• Published 31st Oct 2021
  • 1,299 Views, 51 Comments

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Elements - Barrobroadcaster



As the Clone Wars rage across the galaxy, a system on the farthest edge becomes the center of attention for all the wrong reasons. For fans of the Clone Wars show.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,299

The Clone Wars Elements

The Clone Wars rage on with no end in sight. The courageous forces of the Republic and the Jedi see victory on one world only to see loss on another. Lives are lost, planets are devastated, the slow rebuilding process begins and the armies of clones and droids both move on. Nowhere is safe; no place far enough away to escape the march of destruction these two foes wage upon each other every day. It's not a question of if the Clone Wars will reach you, it's when.

For Equestria, the answer is now.

Far from the Galactic Core in a strange region of the galaxy known as the Furthest Edge, the planet of Equestria has been invaded by the droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Bravely, the valiant Jedi respond to the call for aid from the native Equestrians without hesitation. Too late do they realize the extent of the enemy presence on the remote world, and only the quick-thinking of a small group of clones and their Jedi commanders do they avert total disaster. Now, with a beachhead properly established, the Republic sets out to remove the Separatist presence wherever it may be, and they do so with the full support of their Equestrian allies.

But not all Equestrians support the Jedi or the Republic.

The discovery of Equestrians aiding the CIS occupation is deeply concerning to the Senate and the Jedi Order. Suspecting a deeper involvement than they first realized, and with worry over a possible intelligence leak, the Republic dispatches special reinforcements to Equestria to uncover the reason why the Separatists are interested in such an isolated world and what they may be trying to hide there...


Venator-class Star Destroyer R.A.S. Adjudicator
Command Bridge

ARC Captain-78 aka Vok watched as the Acclimator-class cruisers descended through the upper atmosphere to the surface. He watched as the ships disappeared into the clouds, seemingly swallowed up by them. They blended into the misty grays until only the flares of their engines remained and then those, too vanished. Along with their readings on the sensors.

He let his hand drift down to the blade on his belt. He was able to feel all eleven notches on the blade's hilt even through the glove on his hand.

"Captain, they're ready for you."

"Aye." He turned away from the viewport and walked to the back of the bridge through the doors to the CIC.

As he expected, he found Admiral Yularen and the clone naval commander Nim at their usual spots. The two were nearly inseparable on the bridge and almost always fixated on some display or something. They only ever asked for Vok when there was something a hologram or a datapad couldn't tell them.

"We've recalibrated the sensors half a dozen times. Nothing is getting through," Nim stated, his voice full of its usual concern.

Vok folded his arms and waited.

"Communications are unreliable, sensors are useless, they couldn't have picked a better hiding place," Yularen said. He swiped his hand over the datapad and the holographic display of Equestria changed to a topographic display of part of the surface. "And none of this matches our data."

"The data's not from Republic Command. They had to pull the maps from the Jedi Archives on Coruscant."

"Then these maps are anywhere from four hours to four-thousand years old." Finally, Yularen looked past the map and noticed Vok. "Captain."

"Admiral, sir."

"We need you down there."

"That's all you had to say." He turned and walked back out the doors.

"We need more- captain," the admiral looked in disbelief. "You're not-" the doors closed behind Vok.

"Dismissed, sir?"

The admiral sighed. Nim understood his frustration. "It would seem so."

Vok didn't stop walking, didn't talk or chat or wave to anyone until he reached the hangar. He had his gear, he was ready and so was his squad. And there he found them in the hangar next to their ARC-170, all ready to go.

"About time," Rok said.

"They should've sent us in first," Shok added.

"Well, maybe they'll learn next time," Vok said. They all knew it wouldn't happen.


Episode 2: Aggressive Reconnaissance

The ARC-170 left the hangar. A few of the deck clones watched as it raced out of the Venator's dorsal bay with its s-foils closed. No other ship formed on their wings, no other craft followed them, a few sensors picked up their ship but nothing else. The three clones flew in their ship, silent and swift through the night, unimpeded towards Equestria.

Vok was navigating, Rok was piloting and Shok was on the tail gun. As ARCs, the positions in the 170 were not assigned and they often swapped to keep their skills sharp. ARC troopers could perform any role in the GAR, pilot any vehicle, use any weapon. Some troopers were specialists, clone commandos had their talents but ARC troopers did it all and did it well. Deadly well.

"Cut engines on my mark," Vok said. "Mark."

The ARC-170 went from rocketing down towards Equestria to falling, nearly tumbling towards it.

"Reengage in three..."

The fighter glowed with the heat of reentry.

"Two..."

They cut through the heat, the blade-like nose of the ARC sliced through the upper layer of atmosphere. Without engines, the ship would resemble a meteorite to all but the most sophisticated of sensors.

"One."

The engines reengaged and the ship shot off into the Equestrian sky.