• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 1,175 Views, 7 Comments

Sons of Discord - Deoface



(Edited) Discord returns... In a far more sinister form!

  • ...
 7
 1,175

The Beginning of the End (Prologue)

This is my very first fan fiction. I understand that Spawnfics aren't the most popular genre, but the idea is good. I plan on spreading the chapters out to about 1000ish words. So please, comment, rate, and watch for further chapters! Without further ado…
Sons of Discord


It was dark. Twilight flipped the pages of her book, while curled up in bed. Something had been bothering her.
It just doesn't feel right. We defeated discord, but ever since, I still get the feeling that he's still watching me, playing me… She would try to fight off the feeling, and continue reading.
The doorbell rang.
"Spike, can you get that for me?" She would look down to the half-asleep dragon, only to be answered with louder snoring. "All right, fine. Not like it's your job or anything."
She swung the door open
"Hi, Miss Twilight." The young colt would answer
Eris was a small, young, polite colt, with a slick brown coat, and a messy blue and white mane.
"Ah, uhh Eris, was it? How can I help?"
"Well, it's just Miss Cheerliee assigned a big paper tomorrow, and I need a good topic to write about." He would plea, with a slight shrug.
"Hmm… Of corse Eris, come on in, I have just the book for you" Twilight trotted over to the bookshelf.
"Let's see... Ahah! Here you go." She flew a book over to Eris.
Eris inspected the book. It was titled "The Hero's of Harmony" He flipped through it a bit.
"I wrote it myself. It's a documentary on the adventure me and my friends had to defeat Discord." She had a proud grin upon her, the lost grin of Twilight's pride.
"Uhh, thanks." He slipped the book into his pack.
"Who knows, it might even help you get you're cutie mark!" Twilight said, with a thoughtless attempt to cheer him up.
Eris is now the oldest pony in Ponyville who doesn't have a cutie mark, a couple years older than the Cutie Mark Crusader fillies who are always trying to get him to join their "Club". From all of this, Eris has been feeling down of late.
"Yeah, whatever..." He would respond, saddened to be reminded of his "Blank flank"

Later that night...

Eris finished the last chapter of the book. It was about midnight now, and it was time to finish his report.
I wonder why discord did all of that? Was he upset about something, the way I'm upset about being a blank flank? And why did the Princess's banish him? Couldn't they have just talked it out with him?
He shook off his thoughts and continued with the report. Twilight Sparkle sure is a good writer, but she sure does have a boring way of doing it, though.
He dotted the last 'i' and shoved the report in his pack, with a sigh of relief.

The next day

"Have a good day, and remember to study for your math quiz!" Cheerlie shouted out to the fleeing students as the bell rang.
Eris collected his things, and headed out the door. Just outside, he noticed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon handing out invitations. He headed over to collect an invitation.
"One for you, one for you, and one for-Oh, it's you" Silver Spoon looked at him with a disgusted grin. "As much as i'd LOVE to invite you, this is a cutie-mark-coming party for Roseheart. No blank flanks aloud." She continued, in her sarcastic and stuck up voice.
The two fillies walked away with their clique, laughing.
Eris has never really been the most popular pony, not at all, really, but no pony has ever denied him anything like this because of it.
But, I-oh, that is IT. Eris thought, as he charged home, grabbed twilight's book, and headed off to get the items for his... scheme.