• Published 2nd Feb 2018
  • 270 Views, 0 Comments

Bia Brandy's Origin - ShinxX



A story about gaining an unlikely sister, forming an unbreakable bond, losing that sister and searching endlessly for her.

  • ...
 0
 270

Chapter 1: Blazed

Rain poured down in buckets. Puddles filled the muddy land. Within this huge storm, a fire blazed in a forest west of Las Pegasus. Trees burned, lighting up the stormy night sky, and little did many know, a village was being burned to the ground.

The residents of the not so well known zebra village, Zvill, scattered in a panic. A strike of lightning hit one of the houses, and due to their wood and hay houses being close together, it caused a massive, town wide fire. Everyone was running for their lives, saving as much of their stuff and friends as they could. For some, it was already too late.

One female zebra was not so lucky. The light brown zebra with dark brown stripes had already watched her mother and father burn with their home, narrowly escaping. Seeing that as a preteen itself is horrifying. Thought her escape was not without injury.

Her neck was scorched by a piece of flaming wood that fell onto her, and her lungs were filled with smoke. As she coughed up a mixture of smoke and blood, she knew she didn't have much time left, but she had to get to her goal because she was carrying her infant sister on her back to safety.

As she fled with her sister, the zebra mare broke free from the burning forest. The air was much cleaner and she could feel air somewhat return to her lungs, but the smoke had scorched her lungs to the point of total failure. The only thing keeping her from collapsing on the ground dead was the filly on her back.

She trotted through mud and rain to get away from the ember. Safety for her little sister was all that was in her mind. She saw a light up ahead, not from a fire, but from a home. She hasn't noticed that she was now on farmland. She ran straight for the house, hoping and praying that someone was home.

She stumbled onto the porch and knocked on the door frantically. As soon as she stopped, her knees buckled and she collapsed onto her side.

The door opened and a shocked farmer pony saw her breathing very slowly, looking like she was going to die.

“Oh mah! Honey! Get the first aid! What happened darlin?!” The dark brown earth pony stallion asked, getting no response. He shifted his cowboy hat over his medium length, split bangs, silver mane. His wife ran down with a box labeled first aid in her mouth. The tan mare dropped the box in front of the stallion and gasped. Her blonde mane was already down, ready for bed.

The young, dying Zebra tried to mumble something, but the couple couldn't understand what she was saying.

“What was that honey? We couldn't hear yah.” The stallion said.

“P-please… h-help…” she nudged her infant sister toward them. She was wrapped in a pink cloth with a wood necklace with something etched into it.

“Take… care... of…” her eyes started to roll into the back of her eyes as she was so close to death.

“Oh mah! No!” The mare screamed.

“My.. sister.. p-please..” as she got those last words out, the life seemed to come out with the air as she passed away. She seemed at peace now that she knew her sister was safe.

The stallion took his hat off and put it over his heart on respect for the now deceased zebra. The mare picked up the infant, who was sleeping. She looked like she was crying at some point, but she was at peace with her sister.

The stallion used his hoof to close the zebras eyes for the last time, “don't worry.. we will.” He looked over at the infant, “what a tragedy.. when said we wanted a child tah adopt.. this is not what ah meant..” he continued with a sigh.

“Well.. ah think we need tah take er in.” The female said.

“But we don't know er name.” He claimed.

“Bia Brandy.” She said.

“Hm? How'd yah know that?”

“Er necklace.” She pointed to the wood necklace. It read ‘Bia Brandy’ in the etching.

“Well, we’ll take good care of yah, Bia Brandy. Don't you worry.”