• Published 29th Jan 2018
  • 710 Views, 16 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum (Remastered) - TheDarkMare16



Batmare turned Discord into the infamous Arkham Asylum. Discord breaks out, kills the faculty and takes control of the entire asylum. Can Batmare stop the insane clown and various escaped inmates before Discord fulfills his insane plan?

  • ...
 16
 710

Chapter 1: Welcome to the Madhouse Part 1

Chapter 1: Welcome to the Madhouse!

The automatic door to the entrance of the asylum whirred and opened as Discord and I stood outside. I’d put Discord in a kneeling position to restrain him from pulling any tricks, yes, he can do something dangerous, even cuffed.
As the door opened, I picked Discord up from the ground and pushed him inside the building. The second Discord and I appeared behind the door, the armed guards of the asylum raised their weapons at Discord, intent on killing him if he pulls anything. The door behind us shut close, muffling the thundering storm outside, giving the inside of the asylum a creepy atmosphere. While we’re walking down the walkway, the guards steadily followed their weapons at Discord. I saw at the entrance of the intensive treatment wing the new warden, Mr. Filthy Rich. He looks sternly at Discord as we’re approaching closer to the entrance.

Beside him, a guard stood without the protective helmet waits for us to come. He is a golden flower stallion, his sapphire mane is shaven to a buzzcut, and what’s most noticeable about him is his left eye. A scar ran down his left eye, making his cornflower blue colored iris an arctic blue shade. I looked at his nametag and it read ‘Sentry’. He also wears a scowl on his face once he saw Discord.

Discord chuckles softly as we walked towards them and stopped. “Hey, Richie, love what you’ve done with the place,” he says.

Rich adjusts his tie while keeping his glare at Discord. “That’s WARDEN Rich to you,” he says strictly. “Flash,” he barked. The guard Flash Sentry nodded and walked up to the demented clown.

“Yooo, Flashy! How’s the wife and kids, did you miss me?” Discord asked teasingly. Flash walks up and angrily grabs Discord by the collar with both of his hands.

“Shut it, clown! A lot of ponies here really want to talk to you,” Flash growls. Flash grabs Discord and walks him to a gurney waiting for him in front of the intensive treatment entrance. Discord chuckles as he is walked to the gurney.

“Really, I don’t mind walking,” Discord said, irritated that he is being handled angrily. One of the guards uncuff him and Flash puts Discord on the gurney. The guards begin to securely strap his arms and legs so that he won’t try to pull anything.

“Heh, not so tight boys, you’ll crease the suit,” Discord laughs.

The warden and I walk up to the demented clown. Rich angrily scowls at the clown.

“Get that filthy degenerate out of here,” Rich hissed venomously. I narrow my eyes at Discord, something is going to happen.

“Warden, something’s not right, I’m going with him,” I said. The warden looks at me and nodded at my insistence of escorting Discord to his cell along with the guards.

The entrance to the intensive treatment opened as we begin to walk Discord back to his cell in a cautious and vigilant manner. Two guards stood outside in front of the entrance, security cameras hummed and whirred, keeping track on us as we entered the main lobby. Guards are kept at the corners in the entrance hall leading to the main building in the lobby with their firearms raised.

I walked up to one of the leading guards of the facility. He is a bald, pale yellow stallion with blue eyes and a shaven brown tail. Unlike his fellow guards, he is wearing a blue dress shirt with a black tie, black trousers and shiny black loafers. I looked at his badge; his name’s Northwood.

“Is Commissioner Armor here yet?” I asked him.

“Yes ma’am, he’s waiting for you down at Patient Handover. He got here just before you did,” he replied. I nodded and continue to walk with the squad of guards.I smile inwardly, my brother finally got to a place before I did. The headlights brightened as we approached the lift that leads to the lobby’s ground level.

“Richie loves his cameras. Hey, Richie, you getting my good side? What the heck, they’re all good, aren’t they?” Discord called out to Rich.

“I want him securely locked away this time. Another escape and I will lose support for my mayoral campaign,” Rich tells the guards.

“Don’t worry, Warden. I have every available guard stationed here, sir,” Northwood added.

“I hope it’s enough, Officer Northwood, for your sake,” Rich replied, warning him.

“Discord is our most challenging patient, curing him will cement my reputation. Inform Dr. Redheart her patient is here,” Rich said and ordered.

As we stepped on the lift, the lift lowers us to ground level of the lobby. Discord smiles as he looks around the entire lobby.
“Hmm, look at all this new security. How’s a guy supposed to break outta here?” Discord asked.

We all ignored him and walked up to the scanning tunnel. More guards kept their guns raised at Discord as we walk. The intercom chimes in as we approach.

New patient in the Intensive Treatment Lobby.All non-essential staff to vacate the area,” the automatic female intercom announces.

We walked in the tunnel and mist clouded and obscured our vision. I kept a much closer eye on Discord as we are in the tunnel. I still couldn’t shake my head of what Discord has planning; whatever or whenever it happens.

“It’s always nice to return to my sweet, little, ha-ha-hacienda,” Discord says.

We walked through the misty entrance and the mist clears as we enter the scanning tunnel. The door closes behind us and a masculine voice came up from the other side.

“Tunnel’s full, start the scan!” the voice ordered.

“Scan initializing,” another male voice said.

The circular rim at the end of the tunnel whirs with a blue holographic light hum and moves through the tunnel in an up-and-down motion. The scanner is there to make sure anypony outside of guards and faculty members are carrying no weapons.

“You know what? I preferred the good ol’ cavity search, much more personal,” Discord yaps.

Discord is clear of any weapons, we made sure of that…however--the scanner beeps alarmingly and the blue light turns red after it finished scanning.

“Got a red light, multiple prohibited items,” the operating pony said.

“I want Discord searched again,” the leading pony barks out. The scanning rim whirs back to the exit of the tunnel.

“Umm, it’s not the patient…it’s err,” the operating pony hesitates.

“Oooh, what’cha sneak in with you, Bats? C’mon, tell me, tell me! Batarangs, batclaws? Ooooh, bat snacks?” Discord asked me. I only looked at him.

“Scan is green on Discord,” the operating pony says.

“Open the gate, get him out of there!” the leading pony orders.

The gate open and we continue our trek on taking the clown behind bars. Various guards stood out with their firearms ready. The leading pony is a red stallion with shaven blond mane and tail. He, like Northwood, wears the usual faculty member dress suit and tie. With his green-blue eyes glaring at the murderous draconequus, he has his hand resting on his pistol.

What stands out of him is his left hand. His left hand is a hook, he lost his left hand due to a certain patient’s attempted escape and he almost bled to death. The officer’s name is Big Macintosh, or Mac for short.

“I want weapons on him at all times, do not let him our of your sight,” Mac orders. Discord sneers at Mac and smiles darkly.

“There’ll be time enough for you later, Mac. Speaking of time, tick-tock, tick-tock…is that a crocodile I hear?” Discord said darkly.

Big Mac narrows his eyes and scowls. I took notice as his left arm stiffens a bit at the mention of the nursery rhyme. As we walk out of the lobby, a white doctor with pink mane and tail in a bun hides behind the two guards standing in front of her.
The pony has a clipboard to her chest and peers behind the guards and looks at Discord with caution and disgust and...fear. The doctor is Dr. Redheart, the recently new doctor added to the faculty.

“What’s up, doc? Cancel me in for tomorrow at 4, we got a lot of catching up to do,” Discord says to the doctor. I took a quick glance at my peripheral and saw Redheart’s face turn cold of what Discord said to her. I know a threat when I hear one, and what Discord said frightened her. Those two have some history, and I’m going to find out.

We walked out of the lobby and entered the Intensive Treatment Corridor, a long walkway that leads patient for a quick medical examination procedure before heading to the transit. Amongst the columns by the left, TV recording monitors are mounted on the walls. The monitors turn on and Warden Rich appears, a past recording giving out the new patients the introductions to the asylum in a typical fashion.

Hello, fellow patients. This is Filthy Rich, warden of Arkham Asylum and-,”

“Ooh, it’s my favorite show: “I’m Warden Idiot, you’ll never escape,” Discord mocked. During our walk, we heard some voices coming from the other corridor. I spotted several burly stallions walking with the guards aiming at them cheering Discord’s name. These are the Blackgate inmates that are being transferred here momentarily until the penitentiary repairs because of a certain somepony burns the prison, releasing them.

“Discord! Discord! Discord! Discord! Discord!” the inmates cheered. Discord turns his head and spotted his crew. Their smiles were plastered on their decorated faces as they spotted their boss.

“Shut up and keep walking!” one of the guards barked out at the inmates. The inmates shush themselves, so that they won’t get shot.

“Discord!” one inmate shouts out before the line turns quiet. The guards escorting them grew more irritated at their cheering.

“Keep walking!” the guard snapped. We ignored them and continue moving forward to the transit entrance. Discord smiles widely as he sees his crew being walked.

“I’m telling you, the state of the wiring in these federal facilities is shocking. My boys over there could have been hurt in that unfortunate fire,” he said.

We stopped in front of more guards armed with a doctor standing with them. The guards protecting the doctor packed stood side to side with the doctor.

“Just got to check your prisoner, Officer Flash,” the doctor said.

“Whatever, just be quick!” Flash said impatiently.

The doctor walks up besides the cuffed clown. “Only following procedure.Hmm, patient seems to be in satisfactory condition. Looks like he suffered minor lacerations, probably in the last two hours. There seems to be-,”

“Boo!” Discord shouts. The doctor and all the guards were startled by his scare. The guards stood back and raised their weapons at the dangerous madman, ready to shoot if he pulls anything. Discord cocks back his head and cackles; I’ve been fighting this thing for a long time. All I did is narrowing my eyes and stare at the guffawing clown.

“Need to take my temperature? I’d be happy to drop my pants,” Discord asked and suggested. Disgusted at the clown’s suggestion, the doctor finished his procedure and turns to Flash.

“Ugh, he’s all yours. Get him out of here,” the doctor spat.

“He’s good, get the door open,” one of the guards called out to the pony controlling the door. The door opens and the guards in the corridor relax as we walk to the transit. The intercom chimes again.

Alert in Intensive Treatment. Category 9 patient in transit, pacification system active. Shoot to kill permissions granted.”

We walk in the transit, waiting for one of the elevators to come up. Several guards are there waiting for the patient to come up for transit. One of the faculty members stood in front of the pack waiting for the elevator to arrive.

“You heard the lady, we have another psycho on the way!” the stallion called out. The elevator is taking longer than usual, the line looks like it’s about to give out. Then, a putrid stench hits all our noses. The guards covered their snouts to lessen the pungent smell. I grimaced a bit from the foul odor, Discord sniffs around, apparently unaffected by the offensive smell.
We both know who…no, what, exactly what it is that is emitting this smell.

“Can you smell the excitement in the air? No? Well, it must’ve been one of the guard--, Croc old boy, is that you?” Discord rambled and asked to the arriving patient.

The elevator slowly reveals the abomination that is in the elevator. This thing’s scales are harder than a dragon and a rhino.
The creature wears baggy pants with a makeshift rope for a belt. Around it’s thick neck is a pacifying collar to keep it in control. The former stallion’s name was Garble Jones…now, there’s only one name that everypony refers it by: Killer Croc.

The elevator came to a complete stop. The creature inside breathes and growls softly and ominously, putting the guards on edge.

“Get ready! Keep your weapons trained on it, at all times,” one of the guards signaled. The guards raised their weapons on the creature that is slowly stepping out of the elevator. The elevator is only 9 ft tall, so the creature must hunch over to fit.
The thing steps out and stood at it’s full height, a towering 11 ft tall.

Chains were wrapped around its ankles and wristbands, securing it. The thing stretched out from the cramped elevator and breathes deeply. The guards are starting to sweat from the thing’s unsettling and frightening appearance.

“It looks angry,” one of them whispered. Croc sniffs around the area and looks at his target. Not the guards, not the faculty members, nor Discord…me. I looked up at the creature and the both of us have a staredown. My eyes are matching with his sickly yellow, reptilian ones, rows of razor sharp teeth, drooling and ready to rip apart anything and anypony his jaws catch on.

“What’s it doing?” the guard asked cautiously. Croc turns his whole body to the front, the floor rumbling from his footsteps.He continues to glare at me as he opened his enormous mouth.

“I’VE GOT YOUR SCENT, BATMARE. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN,” Croc growls. One of the guards yell out.

“Turn that collar on, get that animal under control!” The collar powers on and a strong electric shock harms the cannibalistic monster. Croc roars and growls in pain as the collar shocks him, stopping him from doing anything that’ll cost lives.After the collar finished shocking him, Croc turns his head at me for the last time.

“Get that thing outta here, now!” the leading pony orders. All the transit guards are ready to escort the thing down to wherever their destination is.

“A TOY COLLAR WON’T STOP ME FROM KILLING YOU, BATMARE! I’LL RIP YOU APART, EAT YOUR BONES!” Croc stomps away with the guards behind him. The horrific odor of rotten flesh and old excrement wans away as the thing is gone. The guards took off their masks and pulled a deep breath of fresh air. I’ve fought that thing more times I could count and sometimes…the stench can sicken me a tiny bit.

“That reminds me, I really need to get me some new shoes,” Discord babbled. The leading guard turns to us and gave us the okay to enter.

“Okay, move forward,” he says. We walk right in the tainted elevator, still lingering with its leftover odor. The elevator closes behind us and the car starts to go down to the main cells of the intensive treatment. As we descend, Discord opens his mouth but this time it is not his usual or unusual banter.

“Whee, great night for a party!” Discord cheered. I look at him and narrow my eyes at him.

“Not where you’re going,” I retorted.

“Ahh, the night is young, Bats. I still have a trick or two up my sleeve. I mean, don’t you think it’s a bit funny how a fire at Blackgate caused hundreds of my crew to be moved here?” Discord asked. Right before I reply, Flash snaps at Discord.

“I thought I told you to stay quiet!” Flash barks angrily. Discord turns his lanky head at Flash and an unusual frown forms on his porcelain face.

“Oh, Flashy, you really should learn to keep that fat mouth of yours shut. It’ll get you into trouble,” Discord says ominously.
Something’s not adding up; Discord usually plays, teases or threatens a security guard but I’d never see or heard Discord speaks to a guard at that level of tone and authority.

“Tell me something; you’ve never let me catch you this easily. What are you really after?” I asked Discord. Discord’s attitude does a complete 180 and smiles at me.

“Oh, nothing much. Just thinking of hundreds of ponies dying in pain and fear, all their meaningless lives brought to a horrifying conclusion. All thanks to you and a book of matches,” Discord replied. The book of matches was the third tip I found before Discord did his attempted murder of the ex-mayor of Manehattan.

“Was that the answer you wanted?” Discord asked, interrupting my thoughts. During this, the TV in the elevator turns on back to Warden Filthy Rich.

All patients should avoid contact with prisoners from Blackgate Prison Facility. Their presence in our institution is…” Suddenly, the elevator’s light flicker on and off, Discord cackling during this. The two guards are on edge of what is happening, I kept my ground and focused more on the clown laughing and cackling. Then, the TV and lights shut off and darkness is in our vision.

“What’s he doing?” Sentry asked cautiously.

“Stay where you are,” the other guard orders. As Discord continues to laugh at this, his laughs turn to choking and gasping, trying to breathe in fresh air.

“Get a flashlight! Get a light on him!” Sentry orders. Right before the other guard pulls a flashlight, the elevator’s lights flicker back on and the TV’s static noise turns back to Warden Rich. I wrapped my hand around his skinny throat, stopping his annoying cackling. Discord grimaces in slight pain as he is being choked. The TV’s audio comes back on warbling until its back to its usual audio.

—their presence in our institution is temporary. Once again, I emphasize, all Blackgate prisoners should be considered dangerous and must not be approached.”

“W-w-what? D-don’t you trust me?” Discord choked out, still smiling. I slammed his head on the gurney and let go of his neck. After that little incident, we finally arrived at the lower level of the Intensive Treatment. More guards are lined up at the entrance to the holding cells.

“Our guest has arrived,” one of the guards said. He pressed the button and the elevator gate door opens. The intercom comes back on as we walk out.

Intensive Treatment lower floors are now at level Red Alpha.”

We continue our trek and the guards raised their weapons on Discord. The leading captain of the team walks by us and growls at Discord in disgust and anger.

“So, you’re back. You killed three of crew when you busted out of here,” the captain guard said disgustingly. Discord only smile.

“Only three? I’ll be sure to try harder next time. What say we aim for a hundred?” Discord asked.

We finally arrived at the holding cells to lock up the clown. By my left side, I spotted my older brother and commissioner of the entire MPD and Royal Guard, Shining Armor. Like me, he aged more than me, though, he’s more on the late 30's side of him. He doesn’t know of my double life…yet. But that doesn’t make me love him less, it makes me love him even more.I smile slightly at him as we spotted each other.

“Long night, Arm?” I asked. Shining walks up and we shook hands. Like me, he’s happy to see me.

“Discord invades City Hall and holds the Mayor hostage, leaving it to me to juggle with the Royal Guard, the media and you.
Yeah, it’s been a helluva night,” he chuckles.

“Hopefully the last one we’ll ever have with him,” I replied.

Unknown to either of them, they are being watched by a security TV monitor and a pair of red and purple boots are propped up on the table. The pony stares at the TV and smiles.

“Yeah, right,” the mare says.

As Shining and I walk to the holding cells, the pathway is locked by pairs of neon blue lights, capable of pacifying any escaping patients that attempt to break out. The path is blocked by a guard and a doctor.

“Hold it there. Sorry, Batmare, Arkham staff only,” the guard says. My brother frowns at that mention.

“I assure you, if anypony’s qualified, it’s—”

“Listen, I appreciate the assistance, but she’ll unsettle the more violent inmates,” the guard interrupts and reassures himself. I only nodded at the mention, Armor calmed down at the clarification.

Discord laughs behind us. He is being led by Flash in handcuffs to the cells. “I think he’s about you, Bats!” he smiles. He leans his face closer to mine and continues to walk by Flash. Flash gives Discord to the guard and leads him to a cell.

“Don’t be a stranger, you’re always welcome here. Got to say, it’s good to be back!” Discord said. I don’t like this one bit.
Shining notices this and looks at me.

“You okay?” he asked.

“He surrendered almost without a fight. I don’t like it,” I replied.

“Hmm, at least he’s back where he belongs,” Armor added.

We walk up in the control room of the area and view Discord’s walk through a bulletproof window. As Discord continues to walk, he collapses.

“Get up! Now!” the guard ordered. Discord looks up and growls at the guard. Then, that’s when all the chaos and mayhem happened at that moment. Discord headbutts the guard and comes behind him and begins to choke him with the chains of the handcuffs. I knew something’s going to happen, they should’ve let me come with them!

“Discord’s loose, alert the warden!” I ordered. Shining Armor turns to Flash and the other guard and they try to alert the warden of the escape attempt but to no avail. I growl at how Discord is killing the guard, the doctor trying to calm Discord, but he laughs at his face.

“Hurry, we’re losing him, doc!” Discord teased. I punch the plexiglass with only a splintered crack as the result. Discord manages to uncuff himself as he finishes killing the guard. Discord walks up and headbutts the terrified doctor: hard. He prances and twirls around, happy and relieved he is free again. He looks down at the deceased guard and smiles at his lifeless face.

“The choke is on you,” Discord puns. He dances and cheers more and points at a monitor looking at it. “Tada! Honey, I’m home,” Discord said. Behind the TV, the mare watching smiles lovingly as she watches Discord free from his bonds and looks at her.

“Come on in,” she replies. She pulls out a security card and unlocks the other pacified door. Just as Discord is about to leave, I finally broke through the glass by jumping through it.

I look at the two broken bodies on the floor, I snarled at the demented clown. Two lives I should’ve saved, lost to this madman. Discord smirks and runs up at the ramp on the other side. The pacifying gate turns back on, separating us two.
Discord spreads out his arms and smiles at me.

“Welcome to the madhouse, Batmare! I set a trap, and you sprang it gloriously!” After his speech, the holding cells that held some of the Blackgate inmates that are Discord’s crew walks out. They smirk and cracked their knuckles, preparing for a fight.

“Now…let’s get this party started,” Discord smirks. He runs in one of the control room and decides to watch the oncoming fight.

I count three of the released inmates, they’re in an amateur boxing position. I look at one of them, deciding to make the first move.

Fillies and maniacs, I apologize for this interruption to your regular entertainment,” Discord said through a mic. I counter the stallion’s punch and pushes him behind me. I punched his back and send him flying. The other two surprised and angry of that, one of them runs toward me. I kick him and lift the third one up and punch him in the stomach.

Up until a few seconds ago, I was going to kill everypony in the room and then watch cartoons, but then…well…you know how I do love a captive audience,” Discord continues.

I easily took down the three ponies with no difficulty. I stretched my arms and look up at Discord. He shakes his head and grins.

I’m just warming you up, Bats!Fresh from Blackgate Correctional Facility, with a combined sentenced of 752 years. Ding, ding, ding ding ding, it’s round 2!” Discord announced.

After that, Discord released four more prisoners, ready to throw down. I punch, kick and counter them with ease. The prisoners staring at each other, trying to come up with a way to defeat me, but…you know…it’s me.

Sorry, Bats, gotta run. I’ve got places to go, ponies to slay,” Discord says. He runs out of the room and down the hallway. I fought these ponies as fast as I could so that I can catch up to the clown. I broke the prisoners’ bones and bodies, leaving them in piles of groaning and moaning bodies. After the little scuffle, I look at the monitor and see my brother there. Him and the two guards are in there with him, good.

The system’s jammed, we’re stuck in here. Discord’s in full control of the security gates,” Shining said.

“I’ll find a way. Shining, try and contact the warden, let him know what’s happened. I’ll be back,” I said and ordered. The monitor switched from Shining to Discord, who is still running through the halls of the building. He looks up at me and the monitor zooms in on him.

Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Bats. I’m in control of the asylum, you’re not going anywhere I don’t want you to.
Understand?” Discord said and asked menacingly. I gritted my teeth at the sick madman.

“If you think I’ll let you run--,”

Oh, blah blah blah, always with the hero speak! Ooh, I’m getting bored of watching you. Why don’t you just come find me?” Discord interrupted and asked. The gate that leads to his direction is off, allowing me to go to him. Knowing him, I’m not going to like of what I’m about to see. The monitor switches back to Shining Armor.

You know it’s a trap,” he says.

“Of course, it is,” I growled.

Author's Note:

Hi, guys! Thanks again for the wait! Here's an update:

1.) My nephew only has a little cold, he's out of the depressing nursing home and he's recovering very well. That's great.

2.) I am separating the 10,000+ word chapter of this one into sections. I will make them long and big but not too lengthy, but also not too short. Each section will be around 4000-7000 words give or take. So, it'll be more understandable and clear to read the Intensive Treatment sections instead of one big, giant lengthy chapter. (I will plan on making a 10,000 word chapter in the future or soon :trixieshiftright:

Anyways, here's the update I promise! Please enjoy. Always leave comments, reviews and critiques on how I'm handling the story. No flames please!

And as always, KEEP CALM AND BE THE BATMARE!!!

Next update: Friday, February 16, 7:00 p.m.