• Published 27th Jan 2018
  • 314 Views, 3 Comments

Forgotten Legend - Halogenmyst

  • ...
 3
 314

Mother Star

Twilight Sparkle's observations.

Early Summer Solstice.

The transformation between the night moon and day moon has altered. The normal change as described in previous observations occurred until the time at which the grey veil usually appears over the sky. This day, the veil covers everything except the moon.

The moon appears dark in its center, due to contrast. The majority of light appears to be focused at the edges of the disk. I have no previous data to support or deny whether this is the usual behavior of the body behind the grey veil or not.

Upon further observation, the light is growing on the bottom edge of the moon and waning elsewhere. This may be a result of

The notes end there.

The purple unicorn known as Twilight Sparkle sits at her desk silently. Quill and parchment in front of her, beside a small telescope pointed out the window.

The hum of her lab was occasionally interrupted by the sound of sparks arcing between machines and the scurrying of small claws.

Twilight's homunculus was a small, scaled beast with a mouth stitched shut and only one bloodshot eye. She affectionately referred to him as 'Spike' due to his stiff tail. Acting only on orders, he brought the still pony more parchment until he was told to stop.

Rolls and stacks of paper began to mount over the lavender body. Spike nervously ran back and forth with more paper, awaiting new orders but would never receive any.

His master was dead.


Vicar Honeydew looked out the window of her carriage as it approached the village. The eggshell colored unicorn sighed and brushed aside her carefully cut azure mane.

"Such a small community, it's remarkable they were able to restrain a werewolf until my arrival." She mused to herself. Looking up, she saw the day moon acting strange. "I pray that's not an omen."


Many ponies of the village ran in a panic. The sky burned a red color rather than its usual subdued grey. The new, circular light of the moon illuminated the beast in town square.

Three ponies in dark robes ushered ponies away into the streets while carefully surrounding the monster.

"Filly! Run!" One called out.

Bloom stood near to Iron Pyrite, the beast everypony feared. Bloom had sat with him all night, urging him to escape. He simply sat with his eyes bound to the moon as the night turned to day. Now, he growled fearfully at the commotion around him.

"Come on Iron! Ya gotta go!" Bloom pressed her forehead against his furry, muscular haunches, urging his escape.

Instead, Iron took the runed sheet that had covered him the night before and threw it over Bloom. The cloaked ponies rushed in to save the filly from the monster.

Bloom could hear Iron's voice inside her head as the sheet shrouded her.

Don't look.

The werewolf's hind leg outstretched in a blur, striking one of the robed ponies square in the chest. The pony flew backward as Iron let out a booming roar.

One of the other ponies stopped in his tracks, stilled with fear. The final pony grimaced as she pulled a knife out and without pausing her charge, ran it straight into the monster.

The knife embedded into Iron's side, but the monster hardly reacted. The pony slowly looked up with wide, frightened eyes to see Iron Pyrite glaring sidelong at her. Letting go of the knife and falling to her haunches, the robed pony started to sputter in fear.

"wha-bu- but,no...nonono, I, but, the-"

Iron slowly turned to the nervous wreck of a pony and reached his claw over to the knife. Pulling it free, he dropped it directly between the pony's legs before lowering his snarling muzzle to her level.

The power was palpable. Overcoming fear, all three of the robed ponies ran away.

Iron's swollen body sagged slightly as he turned to see the small lump under a sheet. Pulling the sheet off, he saw Bloom's eyes squeezed shut.

Tightening her whole body, Bloom carefully opened one eye to see Iron standing in front of her, breathing heavily.

"Iron! Are you okay?" Bloom asked as she released her tension and approached him.

She saw a quick breath as though he was preparing to respond before lightning struck down. Iron released a quick yelp and placed himself defensively between Bloom and the eggshell unicorn.

"I should've known they couldn't handle it alone." Vicar Honeydew grumbled. "This strange day moon must be why you're able to hold a beast form at this time... That warrants investigation later. For now, I am Vicar Honeydew under the order of the Lunar Cardinal. Your execution has been advanced."

Honeydew spoke clear and decisively as she brushed her hoof in an arc in front of her. The arc in the dirt began to glow with white light and erupted into glowing, ethereal feathers that hung stagnant in the air.

Iron crouched himself and tightened his muscles, letting a low growl escape between his bared teeth. The translucent feathers began to orient themselves, pointing toward Iron like a barrage of arrows waiting to be released.

The tension heightened to bursting before everypony felt a tremor coursing through the ground beneath them.


The halo of light surrounding the moon dripped to the bottom edge. The sky darkened as the light crept away from the sky and approached the earth beneath. The earth let out groaning wails as it reached up toward the light in the moon.

The light took shape. Growing as it descended, a mountainous teardrop of flesh grew in scattered patches across the light. The figure grew and grew, filling out the entire horizon. The air ached loudly as it made room for the titan's landing.

The ground crunched as the indecipherable giant touched down. The oceans leapt from underneath, releasing a haze that hid away the most grotesque features of the moon's newborn.

Everypony stood in complete awe at the sight of the god that stood in place of the sky.

Honeydew, Iron Pyrite, and Bloom stood silent, watching.

The horizon let out a deep thundering roar as golden light flared from fissures across the land.

Author's Note:

The climax arrives! Next time on DragonBall Z! :derpytongue2: