• Published 27th Jan 2018
  • 314 Views, 3 Comments

Forgotten Legend - Halogenmyst

  • ...
 3
 314

Blood Diamond

The scent of fresh rainfall still lingered in the air. The day moon broke through the darkest clouds, reaching down into the earth beneath Sweetie Belle's hooves. She trotted back toward home from school, thinking precious little of that day's lessons.

Daughter to the town's resident tanner, Sweetie Belle was a young unicorn filly. Her pink mane was cut with purple curls that wrapped around her horn. She was a decidedly average pony for her age, the only noticeable feature was her unadorned flank. Most foals would grow up to receive some kind of emblem on their haunches to distinguish them as unique. This mark would typically take shape when the Lunar elders pronounced a blessing on a foal. The nearest cathedral was in the mountain city of Canterlot, however. The pilgrimage was expensive, and many foals would wait until they were nearly adults before receiving a blessing.

Today however, Sweetie Belle's father was going to receive payment for one of his largest orders. He promised her that their savings would finally be enough to finally take her to Canterlot. Sweetie could hardly contain her excitement.

Excitement turned to dread the instant her eyes caught a glimpse of her home.


The windows were shattered, and the front door broken in. Nearly all of the few belongings in the house were torn and soaking in the mud outside. Sweetie could hear angry mumbling inside, and her mind swarmed with disorientation.

"Dad!?" Sweetie rushed into her home, worried for her father's safety as she weaved between shelves and glass that blanketed the floor.

She reached the room she expected to find him in to find two unfamiliar ponies in her home instead.

An earth pony with a washed out turquoise coat locked his maroon eyes on hers. His gaunt figure was accented by his straight, dark grey mane which seemed to fall to the floor as though it were being pulled down by the ends.

"Well what have we here?" Asked the turquoise stallion with a mischievous grin.

Sweetie Belle tried to back away only to find the other pony blocking her way out. His granite coat looked almost like the actual stone, given the sheer muscle just underneath.

"Come on Nightdust," The burly one chided. "ask nicely."

"Ask what?" Sweetie Belle asked nervously as Nightdust backed her into a wall, forcing her to her hind legs as her back pressed against the wall.

Nightdust's forehooves landed forcefully on either side of Sweetie Belle's head, causing her to flinch.

"Your papa's got debts to settle, but sadly, he isn't home. Now where do you think we could find him, hm?" His voice conjured the image of a dried toad in Sweetie's mind. The raspy, guttural sounds matched horrifyingly well with the putrid smell of his breath right beside her face.

Choking back frightened tears, Sweetie answered honestly. "I don't know."

Nightdust backed away for a moment before taking Sweetie's head in his hoof and slamming it against the wall. "Don't play games, foal!"

Sweetie's head ached as she regained her focus. The pressure of Nightdust's hoof lightened as it trailed up toward her horn, then he pressed again. With the tip of her horn pinned against the wall, the stallion pressed the angle, threatening to snap her horn clean off.

Sweetie Belle couldn't suppress the scream of unbridled agony as she felt cracks begin to trail up the horn. Slapping her hooves against his forelegs in futile resistance.

The bulky, granite stallion sighed. "Lunar's sake, Nightdust! She can't tell us anything if she's busy screaming!"

Nightdust let his vicious smile widen across his entire face. "Oh, but it sounds so... what's the word..." He leaned his head in to whisper in Sweetie Belle's ear.

"inviting."

Sweetie howled in pain as Nightdust beat dark bruises out from under her coat.

Sweetie Belle was only partially conscious until the thugs were long gone. Who knows how long it had been until they grew tired of her weakening spirit and left. Sweetie Belle simply worried for her father's safety until sleep had overtaken her.


A rich, airy chime wove its way through the town. This sound's source moved gracefully and with purpose through the streets, finding its way through the doors of the bar.

"Filthy foal."Nightdust muttered as he chugged the ale in his hooves.

Nightdust sat alone, hiding beneath his mane and an average, leather cloak. An unfamiliar voice drew his attention away from his alcohol, as it was right beside him.

"Rough night?" Asked the mare. Her voice had a proper, yet casual tone.

Nightdust turned around to see a beautiful alabaster mare standing behind him. She wore a lavish, layered crimson dress with tiny garnets sewn into the hem, which would tinkle against each other as the dress swayed. Golden threads distinguished the border between each layer in intricate lace. A black laced fabric pulled close to her skin all the way up her neck, which drew the eye to her mane, rich purple lengths of hair that were carefully tied upward. The entire ensemble radiated luxury and nobility, leaving Nightdust not only speechless, but feeling awfully shoddy.

The mare sat herself across the table, laying her black parasol across the surface. Looking through the edges of her royal blue eyes, she addressed the stallion again.

"You seem to be troubled, darling. Of all the ponies, one as handsome as you shouldn't be drowning his problems in cheap liquor." She gave Nightdust a passionate look, one that he found quite... inviting.


Nightdust was practically thrown into the room of the inn. The mare pressed her body into his, pinning him against the back wall. Her lips pressed aggressively against his own, as the stallion sank into the wall, surrendering to the passion.

Breaking for breath,Nightdust panted as the immaculate mare drew her lips down to his neck.

"Rarity...How about... the bed?" Nightdust asked between heavy breaths.

Rarity pulled back to look him in the eye as she drew her tongue across her lips. "I thought you'd never ask."

Nightdust fell to the bed as Rarity disrobed. Carefully dismantling her dress, setting it on one side of the room.

"Aw, I like the dress."Nightdust complained.

Rarity gave a sly smile. "Well we don't want it getting... messy."

Seeing Rarity's uncovered body excited Nightdust. Most every pony would walk undressed all the time, wearing clothing was more unusual than not, but something about the glow her ivory coat gave off in the candlelight filled him with emotion.

Rarity crawled over Nightdust's body, before pressing more assertive kisses into him.

She lowered her head, so her mouth was mere hairs away from Nightdust's ear.

"This is for hurting my sister, you animal!"

Rarity's mouth opened wide, revealing large, sharp canines. Her teeth clamped down on Nightdust's neck, crushing his windpipe and preventing him from screaming.

The stallion flailed wildly underneath the mare, but couldn't budge her position over him in the slightest. Rarity's bite crushed harder, tearing the flesh away. As blood poured out into her muzzle, Rarity bit down again, scooping away the arteries of the still, dying pony.

The whole affair was silent, save for the sheets dripping warm blood on the inn's floor, and the gulping sound of a vampire finishing her meal.

"Ugh." Rarity grumbled as she licked away the blood dripping from her hooves. "That really was cheap liquor."

Author's Note:

Glad that one's dead and done.
Useless exposition is useless, but I really don't feel like removing it, so take that. >:)
Writing suggestive scenes like the part in the inn weirdly feels worse than writing about a foal being beaten to a pulp. I'm a monster. :fluttercry: