• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 637 Views, 19 Comments

The Six Habits of Very Friendly Ponies - Ponygon



Welcome to the Friendship Institute. This book is designed to prepare you—mind and body—for conversion into a pony. Please read this, alone, away from external interferences such as security nurses and fellow inpatients. Read. Remember. Comprehend.

  • ...
8
 19
 637

Foreword

The world has changed dramatically since I became Princess Twilight Sparkle: life is easier now, less stressful and less demanding. Gone are the days of hunger and cold, of the hatred and division that tore families and nations apart. We now live in a warmer world of Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness, Laughter, and most importantly, the Magic of Friendship.

So why does the Friendship Institute still exist? What purpose does it serve in a world of plenty and security, where we all live in harmony with one another?

Well, our work is not yet done; some ponies still revert to the old ways of anger and hatred. The Spirit of Disharmony—a metaphorical spirit, you must understand—still haunts the back of our minds. It would not take much to plunge us back into the darkness that preceded my Ascension. Yet through Friendship, we can avoid the mistakes of the past that led to chaos and war. We can overcome any obstacle with Friendship.

That’s right! Friendship with a capital F; it’s just that important! We wouldn’t be standing here if it weren’t for the friendships we’ve made.

Our differences unite us. We cannot survive without each other. Each one of us is unique and brings something new. Earth ponies, unicorns, pegasi, we all work together in Friendship and Harmony, so that we can survive, so that we can live long healthy lives, and have something that approaches the luxuries we once knew in the time before the Overturn.

You are here to learn about Friendship. Perhaps you have made mistakes that have hurt somepony, or you are one of those humans, returned to us from hiding, now awaiting Conversion. Whichever you are, you are here to learn, to better yourself, to break the chains that tether you to the past and all its ills. Here in the Friendship Institute, you won’t just study friendship, but live it. You may not really care for it, but neither did I, until I realised the Magic of Friendship. Life was better after I made my friends, and I have never looked back.

This book by eminent psychologist, Doctor Signal Friend, will teach you everything you need to know. Read these pages carefully. It will prove useful in your transition.

Study hard and make new friends.

I know you can do it! You can do anything if you put your mind to it.


Twilight Sparkle
Princess of the Grand World Peace