• Published 7th Dec 2011
  • 1,647 Views, 10 Comments

Embark - FazzinaW



When Big Macintosh proposes to Fluttershy, Applejack realizes she is missing something in her life.

  • ...
 10
 1,647

Chapter 3

When they were headed back to Sweet Apple Acres, they ran into Big Macintosh and Fluttershy. The newly engaged couple was still happy as can be just holding hooves and walking along. Applejack grabbed Rainbows hand right before Big Macintosh and Fluttershy saw them and stopped. Big Macintosh let go of Fluttershy’s hoof and ran towards the couple.

“What the hay are you doing?!?! You guys can’t be seen like this!” Big Macintosh had a clear tone of fear in his voice.

“We’re together now. Why? What’s the problem?” Rainbow dash was getting a hint of concern in her voice.

“You guys can’t be like this in public. Do you know what would happen if Granny Smith found out?” Big Macintosh was pacing back and forth. He was obviously very worried. Applejack realized what Big Macintosh meant. Granny Smith was not open to these kinds of things. She would kick Applejack out and disown her if she found out about her relationship with Rainbow Dash.

“Oh Celestia, what should I do? Rainbow and I already came out to most of our friends, and I just needed to tell you, Fluttershy, Grandma, and Applebloom.”

“Tell me what?” Came an old and tired voice from behind. Applejack gasped and turned to see Granny Smith right behind her.

“Umm… Nothing, Grandma.” Applejack knew she couldn’t lie. Not for too much longer anyways.

Rainbow saw the stress in Applejacks face and made a decision that would push not only their relationship, but their friendship in general. She kissed her on the lips, held it there, and pulled away.

“I have to go. Bye honey. Love you.” She started to walk away but kept close, she would never abandon her mare-friend.

Granny Smith just stood there with her mouth wide open. As soon as she came to her senses, Applejack found Granny Smith’s hoof across her face. She stood in that spot, on the verge of tears, when Rainbow Dash ran back over.

“Come on AJ.” Rainbow Dash put her wings over the crying mare and lead her off.

Rainbow Dash took Applejack to Twilights’. She needed a favor. They knocked and were let in.

“Applejack, are you ok?” Twilight noticed the sobbing pony and immediately ran to her.

“Long story. Look, I need the spell that lets earth ponies walk on clouds. No time to explain.” Rainbow knew that she needed to take Applejack in for the night.
“Ok. I need Applejack to be at least five feet away from any other ponies.” Twilight’s horn began to glow and Rainbow backed away from Applejack. There was a flash of light and a small “boom”.
Rainbow Dash thanked Twilight, took Applejack by the hoof, and walked out of the library into the cold, dark, Equestrian night. As they walked, AJ turned to RD and wimpered out,
"Ya don't need to do this. I can go home and face my Grandma by myself." Rainbow sighed. She loved Applejack and she wanted to help, but she couldn't have her face her Grandma. Not alone, at least.
As they were walking, Applejack turned and asked Rainbow where they were going.
“You’re staying with me tonight. You can’t go back home. Not yet anyways.” As they walked, Applejack leaned in to Rainbows side. Rainbow smiled as she felt the warm hair of her marefriend rub against her side.
“Ah really do love you, Sugarcube.” Applejack was tired from the days events and was ready for it to all be over.
“I know. I love you to, and that’s why I’m doing this.” Rainbow was nervous about bringing Applejack to her house. She had never had anyone, except Fluttershy, into her Cloudsdale home.
When they reached the house, Rainbow sighed as she turned to Applejack.
“This will be really uncomfortable for both of us, but I need you to get on my back and hold on.” Applejack did as Rainbow told her and grabbed her back. Rainbow spread her wings and lept into the air. The 20 foot vertical flight was strained by the fact that Rainbows usual wait was doubled. Even with the extra wait and awkward flying position, Rainbow was still able to land easily without bouncing Applejack off of her.
“Okay, lets see if the spell worked.” Rainbow held out her hoof and Applejack grabbed it. She slowly got off of Rainbows back and rested in the clouds as if she walked on them daily.
“There we go. Ah missed this feelin’” Applejack fell to her side and sighed with relief as the clouds accepted her body.
“Yeah, you get used to it. Now c’mon, let’s head inside and get something to eat.” Rainbow waited for a response but one never came. She looked over towards Applejack and giggled, Applejack had fallen asleep as soon as she hit the cloud. Rainbow smiled and went inside. When she returned with a blanket, Applejack was still fast asleep. Rainbow walked over to her and lied down next to her. She covered herself and Applejack with the blanket. She turned towards the sleeping earth pony, kissed her on the cheek, and fell asleep.