• Published 24th Jan 2018
  • 1,275 Views, 15 Comments

Lunar Landing - 8r0ny



When the Elements of Harmony banished Nightmare Moon it took Luna with her to the moon...or so they thought. In actuality she was sent to Earth while the Nightmare was sent to the moon. So now what? Guess you'll have to read more.

  • ...
0
 15
 1,275

Level Up

“It has to be a trap.” Luna said still pacing. “Do you remember anything about the hive that would help us track it down? No, never mind, that can come later, I think I have an idea of where you are.”

“Really?” I said a little surprised. “That's great, I’m ready to see more of Equestria that isn’t caves.”

“I’ll have to send a letter first thing in the morning to be sure.” She replied. “But if you’re where I think you are, you’re in good hooves.”

“Good, I don’t want another forcible ejection like last time.” I said a little bitter. “O shit, I wasn’t supposed to tell you about the Changelings...woops.”

“Why not!?” Luna said worried. “Did they threaten you?”

“Well kind of.” I said rubbing the back of my head. “Chrysalis wasn’t the best host but the changeling guard I’m with now seems nice enough.”

“They are literally creatures of deception!” Luna scolded. “It’s what they do. They take forms of ponies and feed off their love!”

“See there it is again.” I said getting a little annoyed at how everyone seemed to know more about them than me. Well, it made sense...I was an alien..but still!

“After I send my letter I can be there in as little as three hours.” Luna informed me. “And it’s just about time for me to move the moon. Stay safe until then.”

“I’ll do my best I guess.” I said. “I beat here once, I can probably do it again if need be.”

“I need to go.” She said, looking off into nothingness. “See you soon.”

With a wink, she faded from the world..or the lack thereof rather. With her magic manipulation gone I was catapulted back into my own consciousness.

“Wahhhh!” I said sitting up suddenly, effectively throwing Ling onto the floor. Apparently she had found my chest the perfect place to curl up and sleep.

“Whaa!?” Ling echoed, jumping to her hooves and looking around on high alert. Or I assumed that's what was happening. It was rather dark.

“Sorry, just a crazy dream.” I said, not entirely untrue. “Are you ok?”

“Fine.” She said. “That was a terrible way to wake up though.”

“Sorry again.” I said feeling my way around trying to find the materials to make another fire. “I don’t normally do that.”

“Do what, fling people across the room?” She said, walking back over to me.

“Well that too.” I said finally finding the pile of sticks and the flint placed next to it. “But I normally don’t...honestly I don’t really know where I’m going with this. Just know I’m sorry.”

“You sound like my ex.” She said giggling, taking on a mocking low tone. “That doesn’t usually happen I swear.”

I laughed as I prepared the fire in much the same way as I did the night before. This time however I was assisted by Ling and her night vision, which was totally unfair. But it did help out a lot and we soon had fire, letting the ones with stupid light needing eyes to see again and those of us with adversity to cold feel a little better.

“Were you warm enough last night?” I asked looking to her. “I meant to keep the fire going but I slept a little deeper than intended.”

“I was fine.” She said smiling. “You’re much warmer than you look.”

“Thanks?” I said skeptically. “Guess I can add that to me dating profile, ‘warmer than I look according to a Changeling.’”

“Also that you’re brutally honest.” She said smirking. “You don’t hide anything, what you say matches perfectly with your emotions.”

“There it is again!” I said a little more enthusiastically than intended. “What's with all this eating love and deceiving ponies and tasting feelings?”

“I’m a Changeling.” She said simply, as if that was explanation enough. After I stared at her for a little she decided to continue.

“We can sense emotions, we say taste because it’s the closest a non-changeling can relate it to, and we feed off of them.” She explained. “We can feed off of all emotions but love is the most potent and sought after. Because of that we kinda send out special Changelings called infiltrators to replace ponies in relationships and feed off the love given to the pony we replaced and bring it back to the hive.”

“Ok, that's interesting.” I said starting to realize why Luna was so adamant on why I need to get away from her. “What happens to the pony they replace?”

“They are taken back to the hive and stuck into a cocoon.” She explained. “While in the cocoon they are put into a deep sleep where they have pleasant dreams. The dreams produce happy feelings that we can siphon off of them to provide more food for the hive.”

“Eventually we take them from the cocoon and use a memory spell on them to fill them in on everything ‘they’ did with their lover and put them back where they were before we are found out.”

“That's a pretty efficient system.” I said before really thinking about it. “Wait, why would you tell me all this? You hardly know me AND I’m friends with the princesses.”

“Because you’re the first to not instantly fear us.” She said hesitantly. “Most creatures have a kill on sight relationship with us. Especially ponies.”

“Well to be fair you do steal people.” I said skeptically. “That's like theft and slavery in one...wait, there's a word for that, you’re kidnapping them.”

“They're not goats, and when the dust settles the relationship is typically better off than before.” She defended.

“That’s...good I guess. But you still did all that without their consent.” I said. “When really ponies would probably pay for a service like that. Have you considered diplomacy?”

“You met Queen Chrysalis.” She said flatly. “What do you think.”

“Fair enough.” I said quickly. “Then why not get a new queen?”

There was no reply, just a level stare somewhere between shock and ‘what the fuck?’

“Not like go to Queens ‘R Us and buy one.” I said kind of clarifying. “But elect a new one? Look, I don’t know how your little society works but obviously you don't like this Queen. Maybe you’re an outlier but from what I experienced, she is, to put it lightly, a total fucking cunt.”

“She’s still my queen you know.” She said through gritted teeth. “You were right about knowing nothing about us. So why not keep your mouth shut about the subject.”

“Alright, I’ll lay off it.” I said holding my hands up showing that I didn't mean any harm. “Just being brutally honest like you said.”

“Good.” She said simply, relaxing a bit. “You’re not wrong...it’s just natural to defend her.”

“That’s fair.” I said. “Again, I have very little knowledge of what goes on in there. I only have what I’ve experienced and heard to go off of.”

“That's more than most have to go off of.” She said sighing. “It’s not often that someone walks out of the hive. And when they do they usually have their memory wiped.”

“I’m guessing the emphasis in that sentence was on ‘walks out’.” I said, getting a nod in return. “You know, I don’t think I ever asked you why you were here.”

“Well, part of it was on the Queens orders.” She said shuffling adorably-I mean nervously. “But it was my suggestion that I was sent after you. To make sure you survived the hasty teleportation. It was unlikely that it would be traced back to us but if the Princesses found your dead body there would be Tartarus to pay.”

“Ok. I guess I can see that.” I said. “And now you see I’m ok...so now what?”

“Well that's part two of this assignment.” She said. “I’m to act as your bodyguard until one or both of the princesses arrive.”

“You know they will capture you on sight right?” I said flatly getting nod in reply. “So you’re relying on me to vouch for you.” Another nod. “And that’s the real reason you’ve been so forthcoming with answers.” A half nod at that.

“Well that’s one reason.” She said hesitantly. “While it’s true that your reaction to us, my curiosity of you, and your part in making sure I’m not reduced to a fine paste, all play factors in it...It’s also because I think I may have fallen in love with you.”

“You fucking what mate?” I deadpanned. “Those first...three made sense, but that last one I’m having trouble with.”

“The explanation comes with another fact about changelings.” She said fairly calmly, despite the incredulous look I gave her. “Changelings fake being in love all the time, we are really good at it. We can look at a pony, or whatever race they happen to be, and tell within a few minutes of talking to them exactly how to get their love. So I guess you could say we’re really good judges of character.”

“Ok, this is all making sense.” I said still hesitant. “And you feel you’ve interacted with me enough to learn all you needed to know to determine you love me?”

“That's just it.” She said a little exasperated. “I said I THINK I love you. While I would have known hours ago for most, I still can’t get a perfect reading on you. You’re a challenge, and Changelings love those.”

“So you think you love me because I’m hard to get?” I said now just confused. “I know that was always considered a viable strategy but usually you need to be appealing for that to work.”

“You’re appealing enough for a Princess to take notice.” She said coyly. “So you got something going for you.”

“I don’t understand that one either.” I said dismissively. “But I’m pretty sure I like her back so it’s…” I trailed off seeing her hurt expression.

“So that’s it?” She said hanging her head. “You don’t like me back so you’re rejecting me.”

“I didn’t say that.” I covered poorly. “You’re a Changeling, you can judge character in a way shorter time than others can. And I do believe I’m a bit denser than most. I don’t know how I feel yet.”

“Yah.” She said dejectedly. “Sure, makes sense.”

“Look.” I sighed. “You’re cute sure, from what I could judge so far you seem nice, I just don’t know if I like you like that. So until I find out can we be friends?”

“I guess.” She said. “Not like you’re getting rid of me any time soon.”

“Good.” I said smiling. “That way I can get to know you better and you get to try and figure me out.”

“Are you going to purposely try and make it harder for me?” She asked, looking up to me and trying to hide the hint of a smile that started to form.

“Maybe.” I said coyly, winking at her. “I hear some people like challenges.”

“What would Luna say about all this.” She said sauntering up to me. “Saying you’ll play along with me like this.”

“Hmm, I’m not sure.” I said blinking owlishly, pointing behind her. “Try asking her yourself.”

Ling turned around painfully slow. Eyes wide and pupils like pin pricks, only to see nothing behind her.

“You’re such a tool. Tricking me like tha-” She stopped abruptly while turning back to me, seeing Luna next to me and almost a full squad of Thestrals standing behind us. “Buck.”

“Buck indeed.” Luna said, her horn already glowing. “Seems you’re little love games end here little Changeling.”

“Hey Luna, could you not obliterate her please?” I said casually. “Sure she’s here on orders of her queen and sure she wants my love, but I don’t think she’s all that bad.”

“You’re an ass.” Ling deadpanned.

“Not sure what you mean.” I said nonchalantly. “I’m a human. Anywho, she did try and save me, and guard me...but turns out I was fine and had plenty of guards anyhow.”

“I’ll think about it.” Luna said, releasing a bolt of magic at Ling.

“Think more!” I said in shock as the bolt flew.

It was no use to try and throw myself in front of the bolt, so I just had to watch as it struck Ling directly in the horn. She fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Not that I’ve ever seen a sack of potatoes fall to the ground...but I figured it would look something like Ling’s unconscious form falling to the ground.

“I really hope she’s just unconscious.” I said giving a withering glare at Luna. “And even still that was uncalled for.”

“You will not address the Princess like that!” Some upstart Captain or something said from behind us.

“Stuff it.” I said turning to him. “Now is not the time for interference.”

I’m not sure why, but he didn't argue. He instead folded his ears back and slumped down a bit. As did the rest of the previously bristling guard. I turned back to Luna, seeing she too was slightly scared, although she hid it better.

“I...she is.” Luna said stuttering a bit. “It was a mix of three spells. One was to knock her unconscious, one was to detach her from the hive mind, and one was a truth spell.”

“While I don’t like what you did.” I said calming my nerves a bit. “Well, let's just leave it at that. I don’t like what you did.”

“I apologize Shawn.” She said. “But in my experience this is the best way to take care of a Changeling.”

“And if she didn’t need to be taken care of?” I said, still working on calming myself. I really didn’t like being angry. “Look, let’s just drop it. What did you plan on doing next?”

“Well, we’re in one of the entrances to the Thestral City called Hollow Shades.” Luna said. “I planned on taking her to the barracks and interrogating her.”

“Well half that plan is out the window.” I said, lifting Ling and slinging her over my shoulder. “Lets get her to a bed somewhere, but it will not be behind bars. Lead the way.”

Luna turned to the guards. With a nod of her head they began to make their way deeper into the tunnel with myself following and Luna bringing up the rear. As we went deeper I remembered how hot it got and started to wonder if ponies were more resistant to heat, until the captain that spoke before turned to the cave wall and pressing his hoof to it.

With a shutter the wall fell away to reveal a secondary passage. We walked on in silence. The guards because they were guards, me because I was still calming down, and Luna for her own reasons I wasn't sure of. O yah, and Ling because she was unconscious.

After a short walk down the second tunnel we came into a large opening. Large didn’t really describe it, it was a hollow mountain. And within this hollow mountain was a large city.

“You know, I should have known that this was an underground city.” I said looking around. “But damn if it isn’t still surprising.”

“We are quite proud of our city.” A female guard said. She sounded a lot like the guard that spied on us earlier, but I couldn't be sure. “Few non-Thestrals get to see it's wonders.”

“And why is that?” I asked. “Y’all eat ponies or something?”

“Celestia no!” One of the guards exclaimed, before looking absolutely horrified at the wording he just used in front of none other than Celestia's sister.

“Although my Thestrals do eat some meat, they do not consume other sapient beings.” Luna answered somewhat cryptically. At Least to me, what's sapient round here?

“Your Thestrals?” I asked. “They your slaves or something?”

“Celestia no!” Luna exclaimed. Pretty sure she said that just to make that one stallion feel better but whatever. “A few thousand years ago, when we were at war with Tirek, I imbued a few pegasi with my magic. The results were the Thestrals. It started with only a hoof-full but over the years their numbers have expanded into the thousands.”

“So your magic makes ponies horny.” I said. “Got it. So why don’t any ponies get to see this place?”

“Well it didn’t work on you.” Luna said quietly. The guard closest to me glanced over to see my response. I didn’t react, of course, that would give her satisfaction...or maybe I’m just weird idk. “Nopony sees these sights because my Thestrals are reclusive and secretive. There are few that venture out of Hollow Shades or similar cities scattered throughout Equestria.”

“Ok…” I said still kinda confused. “They afraid of how people will accept them? Because they’re freaking adorable and ten out of ten would cuddle.”

This got mixed responses. The mares in the group blushed but the stallions looked a little peeved...understandably. Luna nodded her head in agreement. Weather for their acceptance or there cuddliness I can’t be sure. Perhaps both.

“I can not answer for them, everypony has their reasons.” Luna said pushing the topic aside. “There is a hospital up ahead, I suggest we take your friend in there.”

“O, now you suggest we take care of her.” I said, remembering I was upset with her. “Funny how things have changed.”

“Don’t get your hopes up on helping it.” The captain spoke up. “Nopony knows about Changelings. So our doctors probably can't do anything to help.”

“Well Captain Dick Shit.” I said fixing him with a glare. “This is a precaution. You all better hope there are no adverse effects on my friend here. SHE deserves better than this.”

“That is not-” He started.

“Dick. Shit.” I said, emphasizing his new name. “If you feel the need to address my friend here as an 'it', I don't really feel inclined to use your name. Now make like a good toy soldier and open the door.”

He wasn’t happy, but again, I didn't give dick about shit. I walked past him and entered the hospital. The mare at the reception desk looked quite surprised at the stream of beings entering the waiting room. You had some unknown thing, carrying an unconscious Changeling, followed by Luna, and a disgruntled Captain bringing up the rear. All things considered she took it in stride.

“How can I help you?” She said to me, casting glances between the four of us.

I decided to give her someone to focus on and stepped forward.

“Good day miss.” I said. “My friend here was accosted by...someone and I would like a room for her to recover in if one is available.”

“Certainly.” She said, still casting glances around. “Follow me.”

We did, and a short walk later we were shown into a room where I laid Ling on the awaiting bed.

“Should I fetch a doctor?” The receptionist asked.

“If you feel it would help.” I said. “I’m aware that not much is known about Changelings, but if you think one of your doctors could look her over I’d really appreciate it.”

“I’ll see who I can find.” She said before quickly exiting the slightly crowded room. Once she left, Dick Shit decided it’s been too long since I last glared at him.

“So you can be civil.” He said.


“I’m sorry Dick Shit.” I said glaring at him. “Did I rub the last nerve of your shriveled ego the wrong way? I suggest in your line of work you learn to shut your trap.”

“Princess, something has to be done about this thing.” He said, not doing a great job of hiding how right I was. “He’s barbaric and that thing in the bed is a threat.”

You know the phrase seeing red? I think it means you got so angry that you popped a blood vessel in your eye. Or maybe it’s just a saying. All I know is I beat that old saying and managed to see purple. I was furious.

“Leave.” Was all I could manage in my enraged state. And if I wasn’t so blinded by anger at how he was treating my friend I would have taken notice of the blank expression that took over his face as he obeyed. Or the horrified looks that everyone else gave me. Including the doctor that just walked in.

“I am in no mood to talk.” I said as calmly as I could, turning to Luna. “Take care of her.”

She nodded. And I walked out of the room, out of the hospital, and in a random direction. I didn’t care where I went, I just needed to cool off. I didn’t even really care that I was being followed by guards, or that ponies seemed to panic at the sight of me. I just needed to walk and breathe. That’s it.

It took about five minutes of my impromptu therapy, but I started to feel better. The weird purple haze faded a few minutes in and my heart rate was under control again. I decided I should make my way back to the hospital, even though I didn’t know where it was, I’d just ask one of the guards following me.

“Yo.” I said suddenly turning around and looking a guard poking his head from a window straight in the eyes. “Show me the way back to the hospital. I got lost.”

There was a pause where I assumed he tried to figure out how I knew he was there before he decided to jump out the window and salute.

“Someone who can hold their tongue, nice.” I said as I followed him back.

The walk back was shorter. Apparently I didn’t walk in a straight line, it was more of...a shape that put me about a minute from the hospital. Which was impressive considering the size of the city and the complete randomness I walked in. He stopped by the door and stood at attention, letting me pass through. Once back into the room, all eyes were on me. Including Ling’s.

“Ling, you’re awake.” I said relieved. “How do you feel, are they treating you well?”

“I feel like I have a massive hangover.” She said somewhat subdued. “And as for treatment, not bad other than the increasingly uncomfortable questions.”

“Well if you haven’t been informed yet.” I said giving a disapproving look to Luna. “You were hit with a concoction of spells. I’m sure you’re aware of them by now but I’ll list them anyhow. One to knock you out.”

“Yah, I noticed that one thanks.” Ling chimed in.

“One that disconnect you from the hive mind.” I added.

“I thought it was quiet.” She said looking contemplative. “I’ll re establish it once I see the Queen again.”

“And the last was a truth spell.” I finished.

“That explains the increasingly personal questions.” She said giving her own disapproving look at Luna. “I wasn’t going to lie to her anyway so I didn’t know about that one.”

“Well that statement right there should clear up any misconceptions.” I said, crossing my arms. “I do believe you owe her an apology.”

“That I do.” Luna said sighing. “I apologize for how I acted, it was uncalled for. You’ve been nothing but cooperative and I’ve been nothing but hostile. I should not have judged you on your appearance but waited to see if you had any ill intentions.”

“I accept your apology.” Ling said. “Changelings don’t have the best reputation, but not all of us are bad.”

“Thank you.” Luna said, now turning to me. “And not to brush this aside but we have other important matters to discuss.”

“Ok.” I said. “What is it?”

“Are you aware of any magical abilities you possess?” She asked cryptically.

“I don’t think I have any.” I said. “Earth doesn’t have magic so I would think I wouldn’t have any either.”

“Does the name Sombra ring any bells?” Luna asked. Making Ling and the nurse flinch.

“No.” I said. “I don’t know who that is.”

“Finally are you aware of dark magics?” She asked.

“Uhh, well if magic exists then it makes sense if there's a darker form.” I said thinking. “Magic on earth is fantasy but there is dark magic as well such as demon summoning, necromancy and the like. What's with all the questions?”

“Well, I believe you’ve been possessed by Sombra.” She said. “Or at least his magic.”

“Ok…” I said lost. “Care to explain? It doesn’t sound good, but I feel fine.”

“When you get angry, his dark magic manifests.” Luna explained. “The telltale sign of Sombra's magic is the purple mist that will flow from the users eyes.”

“I did see some sort of purple haze earlier.” I said. “Is that a bad thing? Is dark magic dangerous?”

“I’m not sure if it is a bad thing.” Luna said. “But I doubt it’s good. Sombra was banished shortly before I was. He enslaved an entire city and before he was sent away he cursed it. To this day the Crystal Empire has yet to reappear.”

“And this has to do with me how?” I asked, still pretty lost on the whole matter.

“I don’t know.” Luna said, pacing as she thought out loud. “It could be a sign of him coming back. Or maybe he gave up and is transferring his magic to another being. Or perhaps you just attracted it when you crossed dimensions. The possibilities are endless but the results are clear. You need to learn to control his magic lest it control you.”

“Ominous.” I said. “But like you said it seemed to only affect me when I was angry.”

“Yes, when you are weakest to the call for power.” Luna said. “You must resist it, we don't kno-”

Luna stopped talking as she noticed the purple mist pouring from my eyes like a waterfall. It changed from purple, to red, to black, then to green, before slowing back to a more “normal” wisp.

“What were you saying?” I said looking back to Luna. “I accepted the magic but it tried to fight me. It wasn’t too difficult to make the power my own. But it’s different now. And look, I changed the color!”

“What the buck is wrong with you!” Ling said looking dumbstruck. “Why did I fall for such a psychopath?”

“Wait what?” Luna said shocked at Lings confession. “What do you mean fall for him?”

“You of all ponies should know Luna.” Ling said. “I can practically feel your attraction for him, and it grew when he took on Sombra's magic like that. It seems we both have a thing for idiots.”

“Oy, I’m right here.” I said disgruntled. “Sombra may have been powerful but his will was pitiful. I squashed it like nothing and took his power by force.”

“It could have been a trap.” Luna said. “What if he tries to control your mind with that power? You can’t pos-”

Again Luna was cut off, this time by a letter that manifested in front of her in swirl of flames, before dropping to the floor.

“That’s probably for you.” I said. “Should explain why I was distracted while you were ranting.”

Luna just looked peeved as she unrolled the scroll. After reading it over once, and then one more time for good measure she leveled a stare at me.

“So, the Crystal Empire is back.” She said evenly. “Care to explain?”

“Hmm, I guess since you asked so nicely.” I said grinning. “You said it could be a trap, and it was. But I knew that going in so as soon as Sombra showed himself I captured him in a section of my mind. Now he is my prisoner and by using the spell he used to get into my head, I got into his. Then it was as simple as reverse engineering the curse he put on the Empire. So in short the Empire is back, but it’s also a little outdated. In order to break the curse I had to restore it to how it was just seconds before Sombra sealed it away. Minus his presence of course.”

“And you did all that in the span of what, twenty seconds?” Ling asked looking dumbfounded.

“O no, it was much longer than that.” I said. “If I had to guess it was about three days for me. Sombra slowed time for us as he tried to take control. Once I defeated him I took hold of the spell and kept it going while I worked on the Crystal Empire. Say what you want about Sombra but he was very knowledgeable, and his mindscape was that of the Crystal Palace. I made use of the library and learned all I could from him. Anywho the Crystal Empire needs some help after being launched in time like that so I’m going to go over there and help out. Care to join me?”

“ Go there?” Luna asked. “It will take at least a week to get there by train.”

“Trains?” I laughed. “No way. Sombra set up special spell matrices that could teleport him into the castle from anywhere in Equestria. I just need to activate that sigil and I’m there.”

“I’m in.” Ling said getting out of bed. “I feel better, your doing no doubt.”

“Guilty.” I said. “Luna. care to join?”

“I suppose I should.” Luna said. “They need someone in a position of power right now. I’ll let Celestia know.”

“You can do that when we get there.” I said putting a hand on each of them. “Taille haut!”

I activated the sigil and we were sent tumbling through space. Not like star space but physical space. If you looked closely we weren’t really teleporting but moving from one point to another, through objects mind you, at ridiculous speeds. Considering that it only lasted about a millisecond though you would have to look really really hard to notice though. But lucky for me and my new time altering abilities I could have viewed it as a leisurely walk. I wasn’t inclined to do so, but I did have to do a little work. The spell accepted me no problem, but the other two took some work. Whether because it was only designed for one person, or because they lacked dark magic I wasn't sure. All I know is that some weird, abstract tendrils tried to grab them to drag them off to who knows where. I ended up placing a shield around the two of them to keep them safe from whatever void they would have ended up in otherwise.

Upon arrival I found myself on a balcony high up on some crystal structure. The sudden appearance of some strange creature seemed to get the attention of the ponies that were absentmindedly gathering in the large open area in front of the castle. Maybe it was a town square of some sorts? Regardless, after one pony pointed and exclaimed “Look!” all eyes were on me.

“Umm, hello.” I said, my voice amplified by some unseen magical means. “I’m Shawn, how are you guys?”

“Is Sombra gone?” A pony from the crowd yelled.

“Him, yah he’s gone.” I said. “I may have his magic but rest assured I will not use it unjustly.”

“You defeated Sombra?” Another pony yelled.

“I guess, more like absorbed him but yah.” I said. “If it makes you feel better I brought Luna along.”

With that a guested behind me, only to notice that her and Ling laid unconscious on the ground. Guess they didn’t take the ride as well as I did.

“...Who is currently unconscious.” I said to myself. Well it would have been to myself, but that whole amplification thing ruined that.

“He’s absorbed Sombra and defeated Luna!” A pony yelled. “He’s evil!”

Mass hysteria ensued. Ponies running around, screaming, babies crying, some building was on fire. And the last part was impressive considering it was made of crystal.

“I’ve heard worse speeches.” A pony said from the room the balcony was attached to. “But this one was definitely one of the top ten...or would that be one of the bottom ten.”

From the shadows stepped a pony I had locked in my head. He didn’t have the wispy smoke eyes, or the jagged red horn. But there was no mistaking Sombra.

Author's Note:

Dun Dun Dun, another chapter bites the dust!