• Published 19th Feb 2018
  • 1,901 Views, 595 Comments

Princess Essenta - Pone_Heap



Long, long before Equestria, ponies in that land lived in a number of smaller kingdoms. Princess Essenta, the first daughter of the Dale, sets out to prove herself when her father, the king, sends her on a poorly conceived "suicide mission".

  • ...
28
 595
 1,901

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: To Oust a Mayor

"Last Chance" Stopover Arc

Together in the bedroom for six, the girls plotted their next move under a soundproof bubble supplied by Zyra.

“We gotta get the fuck outta here!” Loress rattled in a hushed cry. “This guy’s out of his gourd…! I think we need to fight! We need to get away from here as fast as possible!”

It was rather unusual to see Loress give into hysterics; other than Ama she was the most levelheaded mare in the party. Still, her idea wasn’t shot down at once; given what had happened, rather than “avoiding notoriety”, it was more a case of “possible life and death”. They’d surely joked about fighting all the bandits posing as “rangers” or “outlaws” or whatever they thought they were…

They’d also joked about Essenta “neutering” the boss bandit when she grew tired of his advances at the pub; she’d merely drawn a little blood when she mule-kicked him in the balls, eliciting a good vomit out of him. The girls had taken this situation to the very boundaries of witticism, guffawing about some childless old stallion keeping his testicles in a jar of alcohol on a shelf after they took leave of his body so many, many years before.

What they’d just seen and/or were in the splash-zone for was a lunatic gelding his own son. That was no laughing matter. Wilka was still out like a light, having been dumped haphazardly onto her bed.

Loress continued to freak, the tiniest bit of blood on her gown to complement the fresh sick-stain in her lap, “It wouldn’t be that hard… I could crack the bars on the jail cell as easily as snapping sticks; I can break granite… marble… Our weapons and supplies are somewhere… Then we fight and disappear! It’d be easy-as-pie to tear our way out of here!”

Essenta, the only one to get a face full, had washed the blood from her fur at the very least, “We can’t be rash here, girls… I mean, sure, the guy just emasculated a 16-year-old colt- his own son- but… Oh, fuck! What are we gonna do…?!”

The princess flopped on her back to stare at the ceiling. Somewhat dispirited, the other girls huddled on the two beds they occupied.

Orni decided to say something, though it wasn’t particularly helpful, “And we still don’t know what’s going on… What time was that Clovis stopping by?”

Dechaa regarded the clock; it read 12:45 p.m., “Any minute, now…”

Zyra had nothing to say, still thinking about the veiny giggle-berries bouncing across her placemat.

Loress had managed to calm herself down; she sighed and espied the others, “Okay… Clovis may have… screwed us over but he’s hopefully our surest ticket out of here. We need to at least listen to what he has to say.”

Nopony was happy about this, but it was the best option; if they didn’t like what he had to say, they could always kill him.

Before anypony could concur, there was a knock at the door, “Girls?”

It was Clovis; he sounded nervous, as was not unwise.

Taking a glance from Essenta, Zyra said, “It’s open… Not like you gave us a lock anyway…”

Clovis entered; he’d cleaned off whatever Pallo’s coin-purse had squirted at him and was in a fresh tunic. The simpering grin he attempted to maintain rendered him killable.

Without preamble Essenta hopped off the bed and stalked towards him, eyes becoming slits; she breathed, “You snake…”

Clovis halted, looking affronted, “Hey, now…”

Not at all happy he’d come with anything even hinting at coming close to remotely approximating a presumptuous mindset, the princess bared down on him; her voice was little more than a whisper, but everypony surely heard her, “You motherfucking little twat…”

Spittle burst from Essenta’s mouth when she sprayed out the “t-word”, hitting Clovis right in the face.

Clovis slowly backed away, his eyes darting about, “Now, now, Princess…”

“Zyra… Can you sound-seal the room? And maybe the outside walls?” Essenta leered sideways to the little mage.

Clovis felt his balls pull up somewhere into his lower-trunk and he briefly lamented some of his recent decisions.

“Oh, yes,” taking up a nasty sneer of her own, Zyra’s horn glowed and a vrrn could be perceived. “You’re all clear, Cap!”

With knowledge the whole room and surrounding walls were now soundproof Essenta propelled Clovis into the wall. Hoisting the lanky unicorn up by the throat she found the pressure point and suppressed his magic. Clovis kicked and gagged and carried on, hooves barely able to reach the floor. The mare that had spent many years emulating a farmgirl found the task easy.

“You shit-poke con-artist!” she squawked. “You’re the one that pulled us into this mess! Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t blow out your nutsack! Or maybe I should just break your FUCKING NECK! How’s that sound, you cock-stain?!”

MMFUIEUGUEBEGUKS!” Clovis wailed, face turning purple.

“Use your big-boy words! Or can’t you?! I hear some foals got dropped on their heads when they slid out of mommy, but you were clearly thrown against a wall!”

The little company nodded in appreciation as Clovis spluttered something constituting a response; they’d never heard that insult from Essenta but the next one wasn't very good.

What…?” Essenta took an overly-solicitous tone, lifting him higher. “Would you talk better if your parents were first cousins instead of second?!”

One of the girls might have pointed out the first and second cousin part was supposed to be switched, but it didn't matter much; Essenta had Clovis's attention.

Clovis wasn’t able to make quite as much noise the next time; his eyes bugged as the princess put a little more oomph into her endeavor, “Mlsoejoodwert!

The girls, not exactly pitying the turd, didn’t envy his position; they shied away at the princess’s rage. This was some heavy shit. Somehow, Wilka remained in nap-time land, despite the noise.

“I can’t hear you, you tutti-frutti breadstick! I’ll pop your head like a pimple on ball night! You waste-of-life! How many ponies have you led to the slaughter, you murdering shit-sack?!” Essenta shook him with much violence, rattling his head against the granite wall.

Clovis’s eyes bugged further and rolled back as he squirmed pitiably; Essenta continued to work on him a few more seconds, not not enjoying what she was doing. Still, the tip of his tongue had just begun to turn blue, so Loress hoofed Essenta’s shoulder.

“That’s enough, Princess… he’s no good to us dead,” she turned towards Dechaa. “Dechaa, if he makes a wrong move… blast his ass!”

The unicorn was perplexed she was asked this, “Uh… sure.”

Staring into his bulging eyes, Essenta wanted to at least strangle him into unconsciousness to begin to slake her fury but took the advice of her “advisor”. Relaxing her hold, she threw Clovis against the wall before he could get his footing.

Gasping and wheezing as if he’d just escaped being raped and/or eaten by an army of hyenas or something, Clovis lay in a heap, tears of effort in the corners of his eyes, his whole body heaving. He barely even noticed the shadow cast over him.

Essenta gave him a deft kick, turning him onto his back and pulling from him more squirming and complaining, “You’d better start talking, Clovis… or you’ll get another.”

Despite the look of impending death in the princess’s eyes Clovis was a little more resilient than most ponies would be in such a situation; he lived under a monster, “What do you… want me to say…?”

Considering the breathless stallion writhing on the floor in front of her, Essenta was at a loss. What did she want to hear from him? The other four girls that were awake couldn’t come up with much either.

A consummate swindler, Clovis couldn’t exactly explain this away or his way out of it, but he could explain, still catching his breath, “First off… I’m no murderer!”

“Just because you’re not getting your own hooves dirty doesn’t mean much,” Loress now wanted to asphyxiate him too.

Clovis cringed at the truth, but, “I know… you girls want to try escaping… I’d advise against it… Half the city’s… on Mel’s payroll. You could probably get out of here… but you’d be without supplies and on the… run! It’d be hard to get away from his influence. So please at least listen to me before you do that again!”

Zyra regarded him as if he was an ass-blister, “Oh, please impart on us your great knowledge. That’s about the only reason Cap didn’t spin your head off your body!”

The five mares formed a rough semicircle around Clovis, looking none too pleased with their new acquaintance. Clovis became more afraid, but his fears subsided just a little when Loress hefted him onto one of the beds. He felt almost reassured when Orni brought him a glass of water, which he downed enthusiastically.

Dechaa glared at him, “Okay, Clovis… no games… no screwing us around… You try to fuck us over again and you’re dead. Now… talk.”

The girls were unused to hearing Dechaa speak in that manner, but it was effective; Clovis looked good and afraid.

“I wasn’t trying to ‘fuck you over’…” he had just about caught his wind. “Things got out of hoof… Ama upset Pallo… and the pub. This was the best way to keep her and all of you out of trouble. And I have a job to do… that I need your help with. Mel’s actions at lunch… I didn’t foresee that happening.”

Loress scowled at him, “Malarkey! You work for the most powerful criminal in the city; you’ve seen what he’s capable of.”

Essenta put in, “And don’t think I forgot how you looked ‘less than inconsolable’ when you looked over to me; you’ve seen this all before, haven’t you?!”

“Well…” Clovis floundered. “Yes! But I’ve never seen him fly off the handle that fast! I only got nervous when he called Pallo in… I swear! I never thought he’d go ballistic like that!”

“A great comfort, that is,” Zyra almost barked a short laugh. “We feel so much better knowing your intentions are so pure! But you’ve bedded us with a maniac and you promised getting clear of this was a cinch… win or lose.”

Clovis reeled at that, “I… didn’t foresee that either. I’ve never once seen him go back on something like that! He must be more worked up than I thought about the new mayor.”

“And you gave us that cocksure grin and said it was all in your hooves,” Loress spat. “Do you even have any power?!”

Looking slighted, Clovis spat right back, “Yes! Yes, I do. I wasn’t kidding when I said I ran the show… but Mel’s taken a more active interest… Not much I can do about it. Still… trust me.”

This was the dumbest thing the girls had heard in a while; Essenta hissed, “Trust you?! Why should we trust you? Or Melchior?! What’s stopping Melchior from just killing us all?! …Or trying to? I’d like to see him try…”

Loress shook her head, murmuring, “Oh, no, you don’t, Princess…”

Clovis knew it was a hard sell but he was confident in something, “He likes you mares. He even likes Ama. He won’t kill you… or try… If you cooperate you’ll be fine. The plan’s a shoe-in... I hope.”

“You’ll understand our hesitance,” Essenta loomed over him. “You’ve already burned us a few times.”

None of the mares were terribly self-assured in much of anything.

Clovis sighed, “I know… but look on the bright side… If things do go south, you can always fight your way out.”

Essenta had to restrain herself from snapping his neck, then and there; in fact, Loress held her back for good measure as she almost managed to pull the Terran a few steps, “Enough of your smartass cock-suckery!”

Clovis, after all he’d been through in the last few minutes, finally came close to wetting his fresh tunic; he yipped and pressed himself into the wall.

Dechaa moved closer, “Now… Clovis… I think it’s about time you tell us what’s going on.”

Clovis gulped, “I still have some details to hammer out, but it happens tomorrow night. There’s a ball at the mayor’s residence; the whole town’s invited… at least those with enough gold. You six will go in there and dig up the dirt Mel wants. You’ll have no problems getting in! You’re all beauties and we have gold and ballgowns aplenty; you’ll fit right in- as young heiresses!”

He said the last sentence as if he’d just handed them all a swell gift.

A moment of silence ensued; Zyra’s horn sparked, “That’s all you can tell us?!”

Clovis cowered, “Don’t zap me...! Yes… there’s not much else to say. I’ll know more tonight, and we can discuss, prepare, and plan tonight and tomorrow!”

The little company frowned at the dubious statements.

At last, Clovis spoke again, “I’m in the same boat as all of you… I’m dead if this doesn’t go over well.”

Somepony had to say it; Orni’s face contorted and she asked him with utter disgust in her voice, “How the fuck did a guy like you become Melchior’s enforcer, much less the one running his show?”

The stallion’s lips twitched, tugged by a little smile, “Because I always get results.”


Having briefly washed again and received fresh clothes the girls holed up in their room the rest of the day; there wasn’t much else to do, other than water and relieve themselves. Regarding that, Wilka, who’d finally woken up, had just come back from her adventures in finding the closest washroom; she looked… bewildered.

Dechaa sat up on her bed, dreading even asking, “Uh… what’s wrong, Wilka?”

Wilka’s demeanor didn’t do their collective confidence any favors, “You have to see this…”

“What?” Essenta looked ill, not relishing thinking about much of anything going on outside their own walls.

“Back… by the dining room. I ain’t going back! Go see for yourself…” the petite Pegasus staggered onto her bed and turned towards the wall.

The princess and the Terran were the only two that decided to go check out whatever had thrown Wilka off her game, though there’d been an awful lot of game-throwing that day. Approaching the hall adjacent to the dining room, the girls stopped.

Essenta peered around the corner. She knew Delia the maid was one of several that had to clean up the sticky mess in the dining room as well as the trails of blood and hoofprints that likely led halfway to Melchior’s office and wherever Pallo had been stowed while his nutsack was stitched up... if somepony was even bothering with it.

The princess saw the damnedest thing she’d seen in the last couple hours- it would take one Hell-of-a-thing to top seeing some stallion castrate his only child- and looked on with incredulity.

Melchior was pushing a mop, washing the floor energetically as Delia and his maids and custodians looked on, scared out of their skins.

“It isn’t that hard! Most of you are unicorns, so please-feel-free to use your magic!” Melchior stated without a great deal of malice, a smirk on his face and a hearty grunt emphasizing his efforts. “Otherwise it just takes a little elbow grease… Yeah…! I’m so glad I decided against wood floors! Marble all the way! It doesn’t absorb surface-shit as granite would. I’m so glad I spent the extra gold! Oh, yeah! SO… FUCKIN’… GLAD…! I just wish the boys’d used a tarp! And I shoulda washed my hoofsies before tracking blood everywhere! But it’s okay! Accidents happen! That’s one reason we invented soap after all!”

Having left a section of the floor glittering under the skylights, Melchior looked satisfied with his work.

He turned to his employees, all but soiling their uniforms, “Now that’s how you clean a fuckin’ bloodstain! Everypony get back to it; we have an after-dinner guest in a few hours.”

“Yes, Master!” they all chimed as they scrubbed with renewed enthusiasm.

Melchior paddled away with the calmness of one heading for a nice nap, which was his likely ambition. Essenta gawked at Loress in raw revulsion with what they were seeing; Loress returned the look, flabbergasted. What kind of asshole was Melchior?!


Having increasingly conclusive awareness Melchior was fucking insane, the girls gave the idea of springing Ama, collecting their weapons, and tearing out of the mansion like a fart tearing out the seams of a tunic a few more moments.

But this was folly upon pipedream and they waited for Clovis to arrive. He came soon, with a tray of sandwiches and a lot of bruises. They regarded him and his offering of food as if the two were dogshit stuck to a vanity mirror.

With about as much enthusiasm as a constipated foal getting a cold-water enema from a fireplug, the girls ate while Clovis explained.

“The mayoral ball is an annual event. The rich and powerful from all over the city, other places, and those who wish of the nobility of some nearby kingdoms attend. We have more to discuss in the morning- when we know more- but we can begin planning now. You will divide into three pairs: one will be a wealthy heir and the other will be … a servant.

“Princess… you will serve as Loress’s hoofmaiden, ‘Sen’; she will be ‘Resso’, a merchant's heiress of Terrow.”

Essenta wasn’t wild about the idea of being Loress’s servant, but it made sense; Loress knew of merchantly things, living in Terrow. She was also the most lady-like among them, hooves down…

Clovis went on, “Zyra, you will be Wilka’s hoofmaiden, ‘Aryz’, and she will be ‘Willi’… a… sullen little heiress from some old Pegasus family- I’ll come up with that later- in the east.”

Given Wilka’s size, she could pass for a petulant child… and Zyra would be the perfect unicorn helper.

“And finally… Dechaa will be ‘Ren’, the assistant of Orni, ‘Nior’… a child of an old Earth pony family from out west… the frontier. Plenty of ponies out there are striking it rich in precious metals. You will each have a task. Essenta and Loress… you’ll be with me, running the operation. Zyra and Wilka… You’ll be the ones actually infiltrating the mayor’s estate. And Dechaa and Orni… you’re the bait… Well, Orni’s the bait.”

Silence reigned in the room a moment.

Dechaa stammered, “Whoa, whoa, whoa… What? Bait?”

The others didn’t like the sound of it either.

Clovis shrugged, “After Loress, Dechaa is the most beautiful- not that you’re not all pretty great- and Orni is cute-as-pie. I need you two to distract the mayor… Orni just happens to be his type… maybe.”

Orni didn’t like this much; she’d already been made fun of when she was young for being built so strongly compared to the other fillies in Renata and now she was to be the object of somepony’s lust?!

Clovis tried to defend himself, “Hey! I’d use Wilka instead, but I need her skills for the infiltration! And there are other reasons… This gives each group a unicorn… that’s the idea.”

Loress wasn’t pleased about the mayor having a thing for “sturdy little fillies” like Orni, “Is that your plan?! Trapping the mayor with Orni?!”

Wilka possibly hated the idea of being bait even more than Orni; she whined at the thought.

“No, no, no…” Clovis backed up. “Nothing of that sort will happen… I’m sure… but only if we’re wrong that is… If we're right... in that case, I can’t make any promises…”

Essenta felt her stomach clench, “Wrong about what?”

Clovis hoofed the back of his injured neck; he seemed reluctant to speak further, “I don’t think anything bad will happen- not to Orni at least… too public- but… we’re pretty sure the mayor has a thing for little colts… That’s what we’re trying to confirm… and Orni’s the only one of you that could possibly pass for a boy.”

The girls were too stunned to even respond; Clovis took this as an indication he should leave.

“Well girls,” he backed up towards the door. “I’ll wake you for breakfast… and then we can prepare.”

He disappeared about as fast as was physically possible.


Ama lay on her back, dozing in the cell. The bed was comfortable enough and she had her needs met. Without a gown to fit a mare of her stature, she had on a fresh stallions’ tunic. She’d stayed in much worse places, after all, so she tried to take it in stride. Having had a plain, if pleasant dinner she was content to catch up on sleep; it seemed she was always a little short on it.

But she was brought out of her dozing when she heard the clip-clop of somepony entering the room.

It was Clovis; he turned to the very same guard he’d laid into that morning, “Take a break, Alfwin.”

Alfwin’s hesitance was evident, so Clovis waved him out.

“Go on, it’s alright. I’m… sorry for tearing into all of you this morning. Go get some chow.”

With no further resistance the stallion left for a time.

Clovis gimped closer to the cell as Ama sat up.

Ama gasped, “Clovis, what has happened to you?!”

Clovis was a mess: there was bruising around his neck and he shook like a new foal taking its first steps.

“Sit down!” Ama pleaded. “You look terrible!”

Clovis collapsed onto his rump, trying to give the Mazan a little smile, “Yeah… the girls didn’t take too kindly to me, considering the trouble I pulled you all into. They didn’t like my plan much either, but at least the princess didn’t try to wring my neck again.”

He told her of what had transpired that day, from his brashness at breakfast, to the terrifying lunch, to his ass being whupped by some princess.

Ama was shocked, but not overly; the world wasn’t the prettiest thing at all times and her friends could be rather rash.

“I don’t blame them, Ama…” Clovis lamented. “I really screwed up. If I’d known what would happen…”

“But you can never know what will happen, Clovis. I do not know you, but I can see you are a better stallion than many we have encountered.”

Looking up to her eyes, her height just eclipsing his, he felt like a little colt, “I’m not a good pony, Ama. But this city… is a nightmare! I often regret the day I led my friends down here…”

Ama chose to listen to his story; she could tell it was something he may have never told anypony.


Sometime later, Essenta and Zyra were out in the halls; they weren’t exactly hungry, given all they’d dealt with that day, but they’d been given range of the mansion and were planning to get some light snacks from the staff kitchen. They tried their best to push Clovis’s plan from their minds.

With a bag of pears and a few loaves of sweetbread, they began to meander back to their room. As they rounded a corner, they came to face Delia the maid.

“Guests… the Mazan wishes to speak to you… and in my good fortune it’s you two specifically. Please come along,” Delia bowed her head.

Figuring nothing too bad was waiting for them, and Zyra having not seen Ama since the day before, they eagerly went.

Delia motioned Alfwin the guard away and took her own leave, permitting Essenta and Zyra some privacy. In the cell Ama was lying on the bed.

Noting her friends, she sprang up and went to the bars. It was clear to her guests she was not in the best mood.

Zyra put a hoof to the bars, fretting, “Are you okay, Ama?! I heard they-”

Ama shushed her, “I am fine… Clovis has seen to it.”

The mention of his name had the two mares on the outside angry; Zyra glowered, “I don’t know what kinda honey he’s been pouring in your ear, but you can’t trust him! If you knew-!”

Ama interrupted her, looking unhappy, “I know what has been going on this day. You girls are in a pickle, Master Melchior is ‘without a son’, and I am to be locked up in here until the rest of you find evidence the new mayor cannot hold up against, and he is forced from office. I know it all too well. And I wish you had not beaten Clovis so badly when he went to parley, Princess; it was most uncalled for!”

Essenta knew the significance of Ama calling her by title. Ama still believed in her own princess, on the other side of the world; she used the title out of contempt.

It hurt to hear it from Ama; Essenta hoofed the floor, “I, uh…”

Ama shook her head, “You fool… please reflect on your actions before you take them. If you make a habit of such thoughtlessness I will be loathe to follow you further…”

This really hurt to hear; it had Essenta close to tears. Zyra could tell her old friend was pained; it hurt her to hear that.

Ama dropped it for the time, “You discussed his plan?”

Zyra spoke for the princess, “We did, Ama… with more to follow in the morning. It’s a… doozy…”

“I am sure it is,” Ama stretched, cracking her back. “Whatever he might have conjured up… it is a better idea than running. I am glad you were not so impetuous to attempt escape; the odds are… not the best, in the end…”

Essenta, feeling powerless, said, “We’ve discussed it many times today… We don’t want to, but I think we have to follow through with Clovis’s plan, now that we have some idea… It just seems the safest way.”

Ama shocked them both with her next statement, “Indeed. I have spoken at length with Clovis. You should trust him.”

Gawking at their levelheaded friend, it was perhaps the first time they’d ever distrusted Ama’s judgement on anything.

Zyra looked closely at her, almost panicking, “What did they do?! Did they brainwash you?! Did they-?”

“Silence!” Ama hissed. “Look into my eyes, Zyra. My mind is my own. Do not jump to conclusions so quickly…”

Quickly scanning her eyes, though not as adept as Dechaa, Zyra could find no wrong anywhere within the Mazan, “You are fine…”

“I am, girls,” Ama answered. “Do you trust me?”

Still hesitant, Essenta answered for them both, “Yes…”

“Then trust Clovis; he will not steer you wrong.”

This was about as convincing a sell as ice cream in Hell, but the two free mares gave in.

Ama smiled, “Good. Now get back to the girls, wherever they are. I see you went for snacks… How about leaving one of those pears? I could use a snack myself.”

Zyra had to put the pear in halves, so it would fit through the bars; Ama gladly took it. Yawning, she returned to the bed, munching on the fruit.

Easily perceiving the girls’ incessant worry, Ama calmly stated, “Do not worry and have a little faith. Clovis is not what you think him to be.”

…What…?” Essenta cocked her head.

Ama smiled a little, leaning back on the bed, “Trust me.”

That was easier said than done, and Essenta and Zyra returned to the room.


Clovis found himself outside Ama’s cell once again, everypony else on the property sound asleep or on duty.

Ama was almost mirthful at hearing the plan Clovis had constructed, “Oh, what a sordid world this can be, Clovis. But if any ponies will be able to accomplish this, it is Essenta’s company.”

“You sound confident,” Clovis was less so.

Ama downed another cup of ale, which Clovis had been magicking through the bars in liquid form.

“This is probably my favorite ale I have ever tried,” she said absentmindedly. “Please thank the brothers at the pub for cutting loose a small cask.”

Clovis tried to smile; he liked this mare, “I’ll be sure to do that.”

“Please do… And I am confident. We have been through quite a few predicaments in our time on the road. This is but a rock in the path taking us further on…”

The stallion shook his head, “If you knew what kind of stallion Master Melchior was, Ama…”

Sucking down yet another cup, Ama let out the tiniest burp, “Pardon me… Clovis… I know what kind of stallion your master is. He is weak, irrational, and has nothing to stand upon other than fear. It will be his end, someday.”

Clovis shrank, knowing himself to be part of all that, “And that speaks volumes about me…”

Ama shook her head, “You are not evil, Clovis. Do not think such things about yourself. Tell me again, why do you serve Melchior?”

He sighed, “I’m afraid… and he has power… at least in its basest form.”

“No, Clovis,” Ama reprimanded him. “Why do you serve Melchior?”

It was unclear to even Clovis himself why he had such a hard time admitting to it, “Because it was the surest way for us to survive… my friends and me. It’s still the surest way; it may be the only way.”

“Yes, Clovis,” Ama’s eyes bore into his. “You are a survivor. Most ponies in this world… have the luxury of never making a life-or-death decision. They judge, knowing so little… Those who have not stood against the vacuum… are fortunate. You and your friends escaped that Hell on Earth… because you were willing to lead them. You brought them across the continent, only determined to live to see another day. It brought you here. You have done what you must to survive… and to see your friends through it all. That is why they still choose to follow you, Clovis; you are an honorable stallion, in your way… And I can see you are very kind… and I would not be loathe to call you ‘friend’.”

Clovis sniffled, his eyes having been streaming a moment.

Ama put her hoof to the bars, “Please, Clovis… do what you can to help my friends through this.”

After a moment he put his own hoof to hers, as much as the bars permitted, “I’ll try, Ama.”

Author's Note:

Check out the Appendix for Princess Essenta, updated as the story moves along. It shows the story's timeline and character designs. Contains spoilers.


With a questionable plan taking form, the girls will attempt to expose the mayor's potentially questionable tastes. With the promise of freedom and an easy time departing the "City of Last Chances", they'll certainly try.

If you enjoy Princess Essenta, please take a look at Larkspur Blossom. A story of a colt finding his worth and making a better life for himself.

Also look for The Virgin Company. A tale of a military pony and his platoon in a war centuries ago.

Like, follow, or leave a comment if you please. It's been fun writing and I'm glad some enjoy it.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

PreviousChapters Next