• Published 11th May 2018
  • 145 Views, 0 Comments

FireFlare: an origin - Piggynator



This is Flare's origin. This tale explains how he not only obtained his abilities, but how he obtained the 'flare sabre' and became a lawyer.

  • ...
 0
 145

A celestial conversation.

Flare opened his eyes and yawned. It was a warm sunrise and the sun shone bright in the sky as he threw off of the cover. The breath of the morning hit him as he got up and strecthed a bit. Water trickled out of the tap as Flare washed his face and had a drink of water. He threw his jacket on and picked up the blade, which he had almost forgotten about, and slipped it on him. He unlocked his front door and was about to step outside, he was almost run over by an orange blur. On closer inspection, it was Scootaloo on a scooter.

"Hey watch it!" Flare called out to Scootaloo

"Sorry!" she called back. Flare sighed and continued on his way. He was concerned about his abilities for the first time in his life. He wanted to talk with somepony about it, but was afraid of the amounts if news reporters would appear so he decided to talk to somepony who had pretty much all the answers. Princess Celestia. He got a few things together and went ahead to to try and catch the next train. The train was about to arrive as Flare made it to the platform. As it arrived, Flare was spacing out. What would he say? How would she respond? His mind snapped back to reality as the train doors started to close. He hurried dove inside the train with seconds to spare.

While the train was chugging along, Flare took a bit of time to gather his thoughts again. He was unsure as to what he was going to say and winging it was not an option. He took out a notepad and pencil and doodled inside it while staring out of the window. He was unsure what he was doodling and with what he was about to embark on was stressfull to say the least but worrying about it was not going to help nor was it going to keep him sane. He stared out of the window as he coloured in the last part of his tail and closed the book. He looked out of the window while letting the breeze calm him. It was a little after 5 minutes as he packed up his stuff and hopped off of the train.

Canterlot was a busy place with its shops and parks. He settled himself on a bench and pulled out his notebook. There were times where you could say that the world is on your shoulders but in Flare's case, it was a god that was on his shoulders.

"I should just get it over with. Not doing it is just prolonging the inevitable. Not to mention making me more nervous." Flare thought to himself. He packed up his things and continued on his way. He didn't bother bringing much money as he wasn't going to be here long but he was hungry. So he bought a snack and as he was, he noticed the castle. He slapped himself for not being able to spot it. He ate his snack and placed some leftovers in his bag. He stood up and headed out of the shop and to the castle. It was much larger than he thought. He headed in and was presented with two guards standing by the door.

"What is it you require with the princess?" one of them asked.

"I would like to request an audience with the princess. I am in dire need of guidance." Flare explained. The guards hesitated for a moment and stepped aside. Flare breathed a sigh of relief before opening the doors to the throne room. The throne room was nice. There was a long rug leading up to two thrones and the walls were decorated with ribbons of the princess Celestia's cutiemark. But there she was, the princess herself. Flare bowed and mustered up the courage to speak.

"Your highness. It is an honour to meet you but that is not why i am here. Mainly, I am here to seek guidance" Flare explained. The princess stood up and slowly trotted over to Flare

"I was waiting for you to come to me to this. But I am fairly surprised as to why you did not come to me about this sooner FireFlare, Or should I call you 'Fiery Hoof'?" she calmly said. Flare jumped back with shock. How did she know? When did she know? Flare's mind was in a jumble. He slowly lifted his head and tried to find words to say.

"Wh-what? How? When? Who? How do you know?" Flare asked with a stumbly tone. The princess smiled as she stood in front of Flare and put a hoof on his cheek

"I have known for a while. And to answer your question, you may not need my guidance. You have been doing well without my guidance and wisdom. " she calmly told him as she lifted her hoof away from his face. This was a lot to take in. But now was not the time for keeping quiet.

"Does anypony else know?" Flare asked.

"No. Only I know. Your secrets safe and sound" she assured him. He breathed a sigh of relief as Celestia trotted slowly back to her throne. But as he was about to leave, she spoke again,

"How long have you had these abilities?" she asked "I am quite curious". Flare turned around to face her once more and started explaining

"I was just a filly. I was walking home from a rough day at school and suddenly, I spotted a glow in the bushes. It was an orange and warm glow. As I picked it up, it shot right into my chest and that's when this appeared" He showed the flare changer to Celestia. She looked intrigued.

"Continue" she said. Flare wiped the sweat from his brow and straightened his blazer

"ok. I then was wondering how it worked but as i was, I heard a shout. And then I hurried over to the pony who was in trouble and helped her" he explained. Celestia was surprised.

"Alright then. you may continue with your heroic deeds on one condition. If you are caught doing villainous things with it, You will be banished." she sternly warned him. Flare shook a bit as he agreed. He was not about to be banished and lose out on living a good life. He waved goodbye to the princess and headed out of the room.

"That went better than expected" He said to himself. He headed out of the castle and went on his way. He relaxed on a park bench while eating something

"I'm glad I had the sense to save some of that" he thought to himself as he munched away. Thinking was the least of the things Flare was concerned about. The main thing on his mind was how the princess knew, or how long she had known. A few minutes went by and Flare checked his watch

"oops! I'm late!" he cried. He hastily packed up his things and made a quick dash to the train station. He rounded a corner and soon came to the platform. The doors were closing. Flare made one last dash and dove inside the train carriage. He settled himself on the seat and doodled some more.

"Maybe I'm just being paranoid. It can't hurt if one pony knew" he told himself. He finished up the doodle and put his drawing stuff away. The train was nearing ponyville as he was just about to fall asleep.

"Wow it got dark fast!" he thought to himself. He got off of the train while being sure as to not bump into anypony. He felt like he was in school again with carrying all this stuff around and being all cramped in between everypony.

"atleast I dont have to worry about bullies or anything" he said to himself. He smiled at that thought and headed home for the night.