• Published 28th May 2018
  • 410 Views, 0 Comments

Book 3 The Shadows [OUTDATED] - Penelope Anne Ink



[OUTDATED] Starry Emerald tries her best to make up for the trouble she caused for Edgy, but Edgy has other concerns.

  • ...
 0
 410

Chapter Nine

“No, I don’t see their names in the public records. They could have been pulled, though. We had a break in a while ago and noticed a few files were taken,” the grey haired mare told them, rifling through the file cabinets with her hooves.

Twilight Sparkle was going to be all over interrogating Mayor Mare right then and there, but she was stopped by a shout from Spike, pulling out a dusty folder from one of the cabinets next to the opposite wall. Twilight levitated him and the folder over and the four eager ponies peered over each other to see what was inside.

Sure enough, Fizzlepop recognized her two old friends.

“Their last known location is...” the two unicorns both squinted a bit. The writing had smudged and faded and it looked like gibberish on the page.

“Hmmm, I can’t tell but I think I know what neighborhood it is talking about,” Twilight said.

With a thank you to Mayor Mare, the two ponies and Spike trotted out of Town Hall.

Fizzlepop wanted to meet up with them on her own and Twilight agreed. Spike remembered the time Starlight and Sunburst had to meet up after years apart, and knew the meeting may be a bit awkward, but that it was best for her to be able to figure it out herself.

She was two streets away from the retreating backs of Twilight and Spike when she caught a glimpse of two other ponies trotting down the street.

The unicorn was laughing and bouncing around but she had a certain amount of grace to it where it wasn’t the pure happiness of Pinkie Pie’s bouncing and laughing. It was a tempered kind. She was teasing the earth pony walking next to her. He was a grey pony wearing a suit.

Tempest...Fizzlepop...ducked before either caught a glimpse of her.

“See, you look good in it! I told you!” the purple and blonde unicorn was saying.

“Well, of course, I look good in anything.”

“Not that old thing you used to wear,” the unicorn said before finding herself tumbling over. The stallion had just slightly tapped her hoof and set her off balance just as she was coming down.

She brushed herself off. She was in a good mood. And seeing Edgy stick his tongue out afterwards only helped her brighten up faster. Her new business was doing well, Edgy was her assistant, and she felt good about herself and life.

They continued trotting by.

Edgy and Tempest had seen each other.

He had tripped Starry partly to tease her but partly to stop their tracks so he could have time to get a glimpse of what he thought was a familiar orchid colored unicorn nearby. He still wasn’t sure about how to handle facing her one on one, but he wasn’t going to let her go unnoticed.

Tempest had recognized him. From the front view and with that level of overconfidence, there was no mistaking it.

She wasn’t sure how she felt. He was alive and he seemed happy in his own new life of peace here in Ponyville. It was miraculous, but she had seen miracles with her own eyes before.

He probably doesn’t recognize me.

She felt like there was consolation in that, with his memory wiped, he at least wouldn’t remember what she had done to him. She had to make her apologies and so forth with her two friends, Glitter Drops and Spring Rain, but the grey pony? She didn’t even have to talk to him at all. As far as he is concerned, they have never met.

Edgy and Starry continued walking.

Starry’s not going to find out about this. I won’t let it happen.

As far as she is concerned, we’ve never met.