• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 406 Views, 2 Comments

Carbon: Equestria - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 2
 406

VIII - Rendezvous

Short Circuit and System Crash stood by Tapped Wire's hospital bed.

"The medics told me I won't be able to fight for most of my time here." Tapped said weakly,

"They said I have a fragment of shrapnel in my side."

"We'll make sure you don't get hurt anymore." Short Circuit promised.

Captain Valence stuck his head through the door.

"All ground units fit for battle, to the War Room!" He exclaimed.

The two galloped out the Triage Room and into the War Room.

There was a large mass in the room. At the front were the chain of command.

"Our squad leaders are: Commander Smog, Lieutenant Geo, Second Lieutenant Omega, Captain Valence, and General Sparks." Sparks listed.

"You will be assigned squads. System Crash, Short Circuit, Rusty Sprocket, Burnt Fuse, and Oil Spill, you are Psi squad, your leader is Valence.

The rest faded out of Short Circuit's ears. He tuned it out thinking about his sister, who had been left alone by her siblings.

He forced himself to stop and listen.

"...Theta Squad. You're under my command." Sparks told.

"Our plan of action is as follows: Theta Squad will go straightways through the wasteland and clear the way for Lambda to meet up with us. Both Psi and Sigma will split and then meet up after Theta clears the way. Psi will take left, and Sigma will go right. Alpha will stay behind Theta for support. Beta will scout ahead." He said as he marked the battle plans.

"Celestia, look over us. Move out!" Sparks concluded.

The mass left the building to the armory. Everyone took a breath mask and VIPR. The medics were spread out to one per team. They took medkits as well. The two siblings stood at the back of Psi Squad. They waited for the rest to ready up. After what was an hour they were ready to go.

"Move out! Theta first!" Sparks called out.

Theta left the artificial atmosphere first. They went next.

"Keep in formation!" Valence commanded.

The outside world was darker than Short Circuit remembered. The fog was thicker.

"Follow me, Psi!" Valence shouted.

Hoofsteps were all Short Circuit could hear. The squad turned to the left. They were in the bottom of a canyon of scrap metal.