• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 406 Views, 2 Comments

Carbon: Equestria - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 2
 406

VII - The 'Resistance' Problem.

The camera crew hastily set up the podium and recording equipment. The Consul sat in his chair, waiting.

"A-alright sir, everything's ready." The head of the camera crew uneasily stuttered.

"Fantastic." The Consul said, unimpressed.

The Consul trotted lazily to the podium. He cleared his throat.

"Good morning, loyal citizens. As you have probably heard from whispers, we lost the entirety of platoon 6 to a ragged band of marauders. We must assume the platoon was insufficiently trained. Moving on, the lottery winners are: Resonant Hope, Burnt Fuse..." The list went on seemingly forever.

"And finally, Sven Jr." He concluded the list.

The guards that were positioned behind The Consul marched toward the children, and led them behind the curtain at gunpoint.

The parents started weeping.

"Worry not! Your children will be cared for in the factories, they will also be producing food for you!" He exclaimed ecstatically, "You may return to your homes, knowing your colts and fillies are safe in my hooves."

The gathering dispersed, leaving The Consul on his own.

He sat down in his chair and sighed.

"That revolution is going to be the death of me." He muttered under his breath.

He couldn't find the error in his ways. He did what he thought was necessary for his citizens. He convinced himself of that, anyway.