• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 1,595 Views, 35 Comments

Honesty and Dragons - MiraculousDragonMaster



Applejack still is conflicted about the revelation that she could become a princess. However, she must put those feelings aside for now as she, Twilight, and Spike go the Dragon Lands to help Dragon Lord Ember solve a threat made against her.

  • ...
2
 35
 1,595

Springtime

Honesty and Dragons

Chapter 1

Springtime

The rising of Celestia's sun shone over Ponyville, basking it in its warm and beautiful glow. Over in the many orchards of Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was standing on a hill, waiting for just the right moment.

Once it did, it was time to get to work. "Yee-haw!" She shouted vigorously, and then she charged into the apple orchards.

Applejack raced through the many tall trees, inspecting each and every of them. And just as she expected, they all were having tiny white and pink blossoms nestled in the leaves.

It was springtime, and every week at this time, Applejack, and if she could wake up for it, Apple Bloom, would inspect the trees to see if the apple blossoms were blooming right. If the blossoms were blooming right, then the apples that would develop later during the summer would be just right and delicious.

This time, Apple Bloom couldn't wake up to go with her sister to inspect the apple blossoms, so Applejack left her little sister to sleep. After all, she had a busy day yesterday. She was out with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo on Crusader business all day and pretty late into the night.

Applejack sometimes loved it when she was just herself looking over at the apple blossoms. Spring was one of her favorite times of year. A lot of her fondest memories happened during around this time throughout her younger years as a young filly. And right now, she needed to relive those memories to help her cope with her thoughts during the past few months.

Feeling the happiest she has been for the past few months, Applejack started to sing as she ran through the orchards and inspected the apple blossoms.

Applejack: Waking up in the light
Of a shining new day,
Giving thanks to the moon
For guiding my way.

There is no greater gift to the soul
Like each breath that my body could hold.
So, great spirits,
Hear my voice today.

Welcome, magic.
Welcome, sweet sun ray.
Love is no secret, look all around you.
Welcome to this day.

Soon, she was near the edge of Sweet Apple Acres, and she rested on a large and tall hill that showed the barn and farmhouse off in the distance. Then, she started back down, just walking to make sure she doesn't overwork herself again. She did that once, and her sleep deprivation caused more problems than fix them.

Life is simple and clear
When you make the right choice.
It's true that you're here
When you find your own voice.

Oh, my brothers and sisters, believe.
You are just what you are meant to be.
Oh, great spirits,
Hear my voice today.

Welcome, magic.
Welcome, sweet sun ray.
Love is no secret, look all around you.
Welcome to this day.

A few minutes later, Applejack found herself over at the spot where her parents had their secret wedding. The large and stunning fruit trees that were intertwining with each other into the shape of a heart was absolutely beautiful. The pink apple and white pear blossoms were just as lovely, and growing healthily. AJ went over to the base of the tree and gently placed a hoof on it.

"Hi, Ma. Hi, Pa." The young earth mare said to the two trees. "I wish you both can see how all of us have been doing. Granny's health is slowly getting worse, though. I don't know how much longer she can last. Grand Pear has been helping around the place with what Granny can't do right now, but I can see that he is also getting a little plum tuckered out. "

She then chuckled a little bit. "Big Mac and his marefriend, Sugar Belle, will be tying the knot pretty soon, sometime this spring. And Apple Bloom is showing signs that she is starting to notice colts; mostly because she is having a thing for her friend, Tender Taps. But, she ain't going out on a date until much later, that much I know."

Her smile then faded. "As for me, well, it's my birthday, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Princess Celestia told me and my friends a few months ago. But, right now, I can't worry about that. My family needs me." She then leaned towards the trunk and placed her forehead on it. "I love ya both."

With that, Applejack moved away from the tree and headed back to the orchard to continue looking over the apple blossoms. Soon, she was done with the inspection; all of the blossoms were beautiful and growing nicely. Next, AJ went over to check the farm animals. Since it was spring, many of them were to have babies. And, she was right.

The pigs had piglets, the cows had calves, and the chickens had chicks sprinting all around. She giggled at all of the little animals who were starting to walk and play. She continued singing as she helped place food for all the new families.

Welcome, magic.
Welcome, sweet sun ray.
Love is no secret, look all around you.

Welcome, magic.
Welcome, sweet sun ray. (Sweet sun ray.)
Love is no secret, look all around you.
Welcome to this day.

Look all around you.

Love is no secret, look all around you.
Welcome to this day.

Applejack wiped the sweat from her brow, satisfied with completing her morning chores. But then, she realized something. Apple Bloom was still not up. She should've been up by now, helping Big Mac with breakfast.

AJ went into the kitchen, but strangely found it empty, and there was a faint scent of food that had been cooking earlier; probably while she was out in the orchards. There was a plate of apple fritter flapjacks on the table for her, along with a note.

Heading outta town with Big Mac. Will be back later.

- Apple Bloom.

Applejack smiled, but it looks like they won't be celebrating until they got back. Grand Pear was back at his farmhouse next door, so he'll come later to help. Granny is still asleep, so it's best to give her some rest. Maybe later, she'll bring some lunch up for her. But right now, she'll eat a bit and then head into town to see how her friends were doing, and see if they could celebrate later when her siblings get back.


Right now, Applejack was just plain confused. Twilight and Spike weren't at the castle, Fluttershy wasn't at her cottage, and Sugarcube Corner and Carousel Boutique were strangely closed for the day. And Rainbow Dash was most likely at practice with the Wonderblots in Cloudsdale, since she wasn't at her cloud home.

"Now, that's just weird." She muttered to herself. "Where is every pony?"

After wandering around Ponyville for a few hours, Applejack decided to just head on back home and get started on her other chores.

AJ arrived back at the farmhouse, but there still wasn't a single soul. Granny Smith should've been up by now, in the living room looking through one of the family albums, and Grand Pear should be helping with lunch.

"What the hay is going on here?" Applejack asked. With a frustrated huff, she decided to check out the barn.

When she got there, it was dark inside. "Is there anypony in here?" She asked.

Suddenly, the sunlight flooded in and there was confetti flying everywhere, some even falling on her face.

"SURPRISE!"

Author's Note:

A/N: And that is the first chapter of the first story of the series and of the New Year of 2018. Wow, a lot of firsts, huh? But geez. Did I really make it that obvious about who will go first?

The song I used for this is "Welcome to this Day" from Brother Bear 2. It is actually a funny and lovable sequel to the first movie, which is childhood for me.

Okay, I'll see y'all in Chapter 2. Please let me know what you think so far.

Got to fly! ;)